EverGreen Pyrethrum ConcentrateThis page contains information on EverGreen Pyrethrum Concentrate for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- EverGreen Pyrethrum Concentrate Indications
- Warnings and cautions for EverGreen Pyrethrum Concentrate
- Direction and dosage information for EverGreen Pyrethrum Concentrate
EverGreen Pyrethrum ConcentrateThis treatment applies to the following species:
GROUP 3A INSECTICIDE
● Contains pyrethrins - a botanical insecticide derived from chrysanthemums
● Fast acting
● Kills more than 140 insects
● For indoor and outdoor production
● For use in food handling, processing and storage areas
● For use in barns, dairies and poultry houses
● Kills biting flies
For Organic Use
Pyrethrins, a botanical insecticide
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
EverGreen Pyrethrum Concentrate Caution
Si usted no entiende la etiqueta, busque a alguien para que se la explique a usted en detalle. (If you do not understand the label, find someone to explain it to you in detail.)
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
● Apply this product only as specified on the label.
● Do not contaminate food or feedstuffs.
● Do not use product directly on domestic (companion) animals (dogs, cats, puppies or kittens).
● Not for use in outdoor residential misting systems.
● Do not make applications during rain.
● Do not use in aircraft cabins.
● Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may be in the area during application.
● Do not enter or allow others to enter until sprays have dried.
● Do not enter or allow others to enter until vapors, and mists, and/or aerosols have dispersed, and the treated area has been thoroughly ventilated.
● Do not remain in treated area. Exit area immediately and remain outside the treated area until aerosols, vapors, and/or mists have dispersed.
● When used indoors as a crack and crevice, surface, or space spray application, remove or cover exposed food and drinking water before application. Remove or cover dishes, utensils, food processing equipment and food preparation surfaces or wash them before use.
● When used in indoor food handling/processing facilities, do not make space spray applications when the facility is in operation. Prior to space spray applications, cover or remove exposed food. Prior to space spray applications, cover food processing surfaces or clean after treatment and before use.
● When used in dairy barns or facilities: Close milk bulk tank lids to prevent contamination from spray and from dead or falling insects. Remove or cover milking utensils before application. Wash teats of animals before milking.
● Do not apply directly to impervious horizontal surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways, and patios, except as a spot or crack and crevice treatment. During application do not allow pesticide to enter or runoff into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. All outdoor applications, if permitted elsewhere on the label, must be limited to spot or crack and crevice treatments only, except for the following permitted uses, if allowed elsewhere on the label:
1. Applications to soil or vegetation, as listed on the label, around structures;
2. Applications to lawn, turf, and other vegetation, as listed on the label;
3. Applications to the side of a building, up to a maximum height of 3 feet above grade;
4. Applications to the underside of eaves, soffits, doors, or windows permanently protected from rainfall by a covering, or overhang, awning or other structure;
5. Applications around potential pest entry points into buildings, when limited to a surface band not to exceed one inch in width;
6. Applications to vertical or horizontal surfaces when surrounded by or directly above soil, lawn, turf, mulch, vegetation, or other porous surface, where runoff to surface water is unlikely to occur.
● Do not wet plants to the point of runoff or drip.
● Remove pets, birds and cover fish aquariums before application.
AGRICULTURAL USE REQUIREMENTS
Use this product only in accordance with its labeling and with the Worker Protection Standard, 40 CFR, Part 170. This Standard contains requirements for the protection of agricultural workers on farms, forests, nurseries, and greenhouses, and handlers of agricultural pesticides. It contains requirements for training, decontamination, notification, and emergency assistance. It also contains specific instructions and exceptions pertaining to the statements on the label about personal protective equipment (PPE), and restricted-entry interval. The requirements in this section only apply to uses of this product that are covered by the Worker Protection Standard.
Do not enter or allow worker entry into treated areas during the restricted-entry interval (REI) of 12 hours.
PPE required for early entry to treated areas (that is permitted under Worker Protection Standard and that involves contact with anything that has been treated, such as plants, soil, or water), is:
● Long-sleeved shirt and long pants;
● Chemical-resistant gloves, such as Barrier Laminate, Nitrile Rubber, Neoprene Rubber, or Viton;
● Shoes plus socks.
For any requirements specific to your State or Tribe, consult the agency responsible for pesticide regulation.
NON-AGRICULTURAL USE REQUIREMENTS
The requirements in this section apply to uses of this product that are NOT within the scope of the Worker Protection Standard for agricultural pesticides (40 CFR, Part 170). The WPS applies when this product is used to produce agricultural plants on farms, forests, nurseries, or greenhouses.
Keep unprotected persons out of treated areas until sprays have dried.
Wear protective clothing when using or handling this product to help avoid exposure to eyes and skin. Eye protection, gloves, a long-sleeved shirt and long pants are recommended.
Allow spray to dry before allowing adults, children or pets on treated areas.
For any requirements specific to your State or Tribe, consult the agency responsible for pesticide regulation.
PESTICIDE RESISTANCE MANAGEMENT
EVERGREEN® Pyrethrum Concentrate contains a Group 3A insecticide. Insect biotypes with acquired resistance to Group 3A may eventually dominate the insect population if Group 3A insecticides are used repeatedly in the same field or in successive years as the primary method of control for targeted species. This may result in partial or total loss of control of those species by EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate or other Group 3A insecticides.
To delay insecticide resistance consider:
● Avoiding the consecutive use of EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate or other Group 3A insecticides that have a similar target site of action, on the same insect species.
● Using tank mixtures or premixes with insecticides from a different target site of action Group as long as the involved products are all registered for the same use and have different sites of action.
● Basing insecticide use on a comprehensive IPM program.
● Monitoring treated insect population for loss of field efficacy.
● Contacting your local extension specialist, certified crop advisors, and/or manufacturer for insecticide resistance management and/or IPM recommendations for the specific site and resistance pest problems.
INDOOR AREAS for use in and around:
Aircraft (not aircraft cabins)
Animal Areas and Quarters
Animal Control Centers
Assisted Living Facilities
Dairy Stalls and Holding Areas
Day Care Centers
Egg Processing Plants
Food Processing Plants
Food Storage Areas
Frozen Food Plants
Fruit Packing Sheds
Grain Harvesting and Handling Equipment
Health Care Facilities
Herb Drying and Processing Facilities
Horse Stables and Barns
Indoor Eating Establishments
Institution Dining Areas
Livestock Hauling Equipment
Meat Packing Plants
Mushroom Processing Areas
Other Public Buildings
Passenger Railroad Cars
Rabbit Processing Plants
Research Animal Quarters
Seed Production Facilities
Spice Production Facilities
Storage Bins (areas)
Storage or Processing Areas that contain Dried Fruit Products
Textile Mills and Warehouses
USDA Inspected Facilities
Wall and Equipment Voids
OUTDOOR AREAS for use in and around:
Athletic Fields (baseball, football, soccer)
Exterior of Homes and Other Buildings
Outdoor Eating Establishments
Outdoor Growing Crops
Sanitary Sewers (manholes)
Trees, Shrubs, Flowers and Foliage Plants
Utility Rooms Outdoors
Wild Animal Parks
Zoos and Other Similar Areas
FOR USE ON:
Cattle - beef and milking
TO KILL THE FOLLOWING INSECTS:
Angoumois Grain Moths
Ants (excluding fire and Pharaoh ants)
Artichoke Plume Moths
Branch and Twig Borers
Brown Dog Ticks
Cherry Fruit Flies
Colorado Potato Beetles
Confused Flour Beetles
12-spotted Cucumber Beetles
Darkling Beetles (lesser mealworms)
Diamondback Larvae and Moths
Eastern Tent Caterpillars
Elm Leaf Beetles
European Pine Tip Moths
Forest Tent Caterpillars
Green Peach Aphids
Gypsy Moths (adults & larvae)
Indian Meal Moths
Leaffooted Plant Bugs
Mediterranean Flour Moths
Mexican Bean Beetles
Olive Fruit Flies
Pacific Flatheaded Borers
Red Flour Beetles
Sawtoothed Grain Beetles
Sheep “Tick” or Ked
Small Flying Moths
Southern Chinch Bugs
Spiders (excluding Brown Recluse Spiders)
Tarnished Plant Bugs
Tomato Russet Mites
Western Yellowstriped Armyworms
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is recommended that the final spray mix be buffered to a pH of 5.5 - 7.0. Outside of this range pyrethrins can degrade and the product will lose effectiveness.
To avoid possible harm to honey bees and other beneficial insects, it is advisable to apply when the non-target insects are least active.
Pyrethrins degrade rapidly in sunlight. To ensure the best performance, coverage is key. Use spray equipment that will provide the best coverage and direct contact with as many insects as possible.
TANK MIX: This product may be tank mixed with other insecticides, acaricides, fungicides, adjuvants, and wetting agents. This application should conform to accepted use precautions and directions for both products. Tank mix applications must be made in accordance with the more restrictive of label limitations and precautions. No label application rates may be exceeded. This product cannot be mixed with any product with label prohibitions against such mixing.
Prior to tank mixing, a compatibility test should be conducted using the proper proportions of products and water to ensure the physical compatibility of the mixture.
PHYTOTOXICITY NOTE: Plant safety is an important consideration when using insecticides in a greenhouse. However, it is not possible to evaluate the phytotoxicity of EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate on numerous plant varieties that may react differently to insecticides in different growth stages or under varying environmental conditions. Before making widespread applications of EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate or tank mix combinations, treat a limited number of plants and observe for phytotoxicity over a 10-day period.
GROWING CROPS IN GREENHOUSES AND NURSERIES: Apply 4.5 to 18 fl. oz. per acre (2.25 fl. oz. to 9 fl. oz. per 1/2 acre) by ground equipment in sufficient water for thorough coverage. This product may be applied by air at the rate of 4.5 to 18 fl. oz. per acre (2.25 fl. oz. to 9 fl. oz. per 1/2 acre) in a minimum of 20 gallons of water. Mix only enough for immediate use. Spraying should begin when insects first appear. Do not wait until plants are heavily infested. Do not apply more than 1 time per day.
ORNAMENTALS: Including: African Violet, Ageratum, Andromeda, Arborvitae, Ash, Aster, Azalea, Beech, Begonia, Birch, Boxwood, Calceolaria, Calendula, Calla, Camellia, Carnation, Ceanothus, Chrysanthemum, Cineraria, Coleum, Cotoneaster, Crab Apple, Cyclamen, Cypress, Daffodil, Dahlia, Delphinium, Dogwood, Elm, Eucalyptus, Euonymus, Fern, Ficus, Fir, Firethorn, Foliage Plants, Forsythia, Fuchsia, Gardenia, Geranium, Gladiolus, Gloxinia, Gypsophila, Hawthorn, Hemlock, Hickory, Holly, Honey Locust, Horse Chestnut, Hyacinth, Hydrangea, Iris, Juniper, Larch, Laurel, Lilac, Lily, Linden, Maidenhair Fern, Marigold, Mimosa, Myrtle, Narcissus, Oak, Palm, Pansy, Pelargonium, Peony, Petunia, Philodendron, Phlox, Pine, Privet, Pyracantha, Rhododendron, Roses, Rubber Plant, Snapdragon, Sweet Pea, Tulip Tree, Tulips, Viburnum, Wandering Jew, Willow, Yew, Zinnia.
USE ON GREENHOUSE FRUIT, VEGETABLE, FLOWER AND FOLIAGE PLANTS: Combine 16 to 32 fl. oz. with 100 gallons (8 to 16 fl. oz. with 50 gallons) of water for applications with conventional sprayers or 1/4 to 1/2 fl. oz. per gallon of water for applications with handheld or backpack sprayers.
FOR USE OUTDOORS ON TREES, SHRUBS, FLOWERS AND FOLIAGE PLANTS: Combine 16 to 32 fl. oz. of EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate with 100 gallons (8 to 16 fl. oz. of EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate with 50 gallons) of water for applications with conventional sprayers or 16 to 32 fl. oz. of EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate with 10 gallons (8 to 16 fl. oz. of EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate with 5 gallons) of water for applications with low volume mist blowers or 1/4 to 1/2 fl. oz. per gallon water for applications with handheld or backpack sprayers.
FOR USE ON AND AROUND LISTED OUTDOOR AREAS: To kill insects on Turf, Ornamental Plants, Gardens, Landscaping, Foundation Walls and Perimeters, mix 1/4 to 1/2 fl. oz. of EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate per gallon of water for applications with compressed air sprayers or pump-driven sprayers.
FOR USE IN VEGETABLE AND TRUCK GARDENS: For commercial production of listed crops to kill listed insects, dilute 1/4 to 1/2 fl. oz. of EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate per gallon of water. Apply diluted solution with all types of agricultural sprayers, including compressed air sprayers or pump-driven sprayers.
USE INDOORS ON TREES, SHRUBS, FLOWERS AND FOLIAGE PLANTS: Combine 16 to 32 fl. oz. of EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate with 100 gallons (8 to 16 fl. oz. of EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate with 50 gallons) of water for applications with conventional sprayers or 1/4 to 1/2 fl. oz. of EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate per gallon of water for applications with handheld or backpack sprayers.
FOR USE ON HARVESTED FRUITS AND VEGETABLES: Apples, Blackberries, Blueberries, Boysenberries, Cherries, Crab Apples, Currants, Dewberries, Figs, Gooseberries, Grapes, Guavas, Loganberries, Mangoes, Muskmelons, Oranges, Peaches, Pears, Peas, Pineapples, Plums, Raspberries, Tomatoes.
DIRECT SPRAY TO FRUITS IN BASKETS, ON TRUCKS OR IN PROCESSING PLANTS: To kill Drosophila spp., Tephritid spp., Fruit Flies, Vinegar Flies and other nuisance pests, dilute this concentrate at the rate of 1 part with 900 parts water (1 pint with 125 gallons of water). Thoroughly mix the emulsion in the spray tank and treat as follows:
1) Apply liberally to fruits and vegetables in baskets, on trucks and in plants. Use sprayers at a high pressure for applying at the rate of five or six pints of diluted spray to a 2-ton load of produce. Direct the spray for maximum coverage of the baskets or hampers. It is important to spray between and beneath the containers.
2) Spray the raw stock stacked in the yard.
3) Dip baskets in the diluted spray, after dumping the produce to kill adhering larvae and pupae.
USE DIRECTIONS FOR INDOOR APPLICATIONS
Remove pets and birds and cover fish aquariums before spraying.
Kills only at time of application. Listed insect pests must be directly contacted to be effective.
Do not apply this product in patient rooms or in any rooms while occupied by the elderly or infirm. Patients should be removed prior to treatment. If application is done as a surface spray, patients may re-enter once the spray has dried. If application is done as a space spray, patient rooms should be thoroughly ventilated for 2 hours following spraying, and before returning patients to treated areas.
Dilution Table for ULV Foggers
Ratio of concentrate to solution by volume
Ratio of water to solution by volume
Pounds of pyrethrum per 1,000 cu. ft. when applied at 1 fl. oz. per 1,000 cu. ft.
Percent pyrethrins in solution
Do not apply in institutions (including libraries, schools, sports facilities, etc.) in the immediate area where occupants are present. Do not apply to classrooms while in use. Vacate rooms prior to treatment. If application is done as a surface spray, rooms should be thoroughly ventilated for 2 hours following spraying, and before re-entering treated areas.
FOOD AREA USE: Avoid contamination of food or feedstuffs. Do not apply directly to food. In the home all food processing surfaces, dishes and utensils should be covered during treatment or thoroughly washed before use.
FOR USE AS A SURFACE SPRAY IN LISTED INDOOR AREAS: To kill accessible, exposed stages of listed crawling insects, dilute 1 - 3 fl. oz. of concentrate with one gallon of water, mix well and apply as a coarse wetting spray at the rate of 1 gallon of spray mixture per 750 sq. ft. of surface. To ensure maximum kill of listed crawling insects, spray thoroughly into all cracks, moldings, crevices, walls, floors and surfaces of bins, storage and handling areas. Particular attention should be paid to areas where moisture collects, such as drains, sinks, and water pipes and around the base of heavy machinery and equipment, contacting as many insects as possible. To kill ants (excluding fire and Pharaoh ants), spray directly into nests, along trails, and directly on all ants observed.
Dilution Table for Surface Spray
Fluid ounces of concentrate per gallon of solution
Pounds of pyrethrum per gallon of solution
Percent pyrethrins in solution
FOR USE IN MEAT AND POULTRY PROCESSING FACILITIES:
To kill accessible, exposed stages of listed crawling insects, dilute 9 fl. oz. with one gallon of water and apply at the rate of 1 gallon to 750 sq. ft., paying special attention to force the spray into all cracks and crevices.
SPACE SPRAY IN FOOD AND NON-FOOD AREAS OF LISTED INDOOR AREAS: For use in mechanical fogging or spraying equipment to kill accessible stages of listed FLYING AND CRAWLING INSECTS. Close room and shut off all air conditioners or ventilating equipment. Dilute at the rate of 1 part concentrate into 1 - 8 parts water (see table below) and mix well. Apply at the rate of 1 fl. oz. of diluted solution per 1,000 cu. ft. of space, filling the room with mist. Direct the space treatment upward and whenever practical, keep doors and windows closed for at least 30 minutes after application. Vacate treated area and thoroughly ventilate before re-entry.
This concentrate may also be diluted with oil. If the product is used in a certified organic facility, check with certification regulations regarding allowed oils. Any oil should also meet Federal Food Additive Regulation requirements as defined by CFR Title 21. Conduct a small jar compatibility test by mixing a small amount of oil and concentrate and observe the physical compatibility of the mixture. Dilute at the rate of 1 part of concentrate with up to 8 parts oil. Apply at the rate of 1 fl. oz. of diluted solution per 1,000 cu. ft. of space.
When this product is applied as a space spray in food processing or food handling establishment applications should be confined to time periods when the plant is not in operation.
FOR USE ON SWEET POTATOES IN STORAGE: To kill Fruit Flies and Vinegar Flies, dilute this concentrate at 1 part to 14 parts water (9 fl. oz. with one gallon of water). Apply as a space fog with a mechanical fogger capable of producing particles of aerosol size at the rate of 1 gallon diluted spray per 100,000 cu. ft. of space. Apply only when flying insects are present. Several applications may be necessary during periods of heavy infestation, but do not make more than 10 applications.
FOR USE ON STORED PRODUCTS: The product can be used to kill accessible stages of listed insects on the following stored commodities: Almond Nutmeat and Shells, Barley, Beans, Birdseed, Buckwheat, Cocoa Beans, Corn, Cottonseed, Dried Apricots, Dried Fruit, Dried Prunes, Figs, Flax, Grain Nuts, Oats, Peanut, Pistachio, Raisins, Rice, Rye, Sorghum, Tobacco, Wheat, and Walnut Nutmeat and Shells held in storage.
DRIED FRUIT PRODUCTS IN STORAGE OR BEING PROCESSED: To kill the following stored product pests: Driedfruit Beetles and Sawtoothed Grain Beetles. Remove and destroy infested products. Dilute concentrate at the rate of 1 part concentrate to 8 parts water and mix well. Disperse the solution as a fine mist in the air above the trays and shelves. Do not apply to fruit directly. If the solution is applied as a space spray, use one ounce diluted spray per 1,000 cu. ft. of space. Immediately following application, leave the room closed off for 1 hour. Thoroughly ventilate the treated area before re-entry. Do not apply more than 1 time per day. Sweep up and destroy fallen insects.
ON ALMONDS, PEANUTS, PISTACHIOS AND WALNUTS IN BULK OR IN BAGS: To kill the following stored product insects: Almond Moths, Angoumois Grain Moths, Ants (excluding fire and Pharaoh ants), Cadelles, Cigarette Beetles, Confused Flour Beetles, Drugstore Beetles, Flat Grain Beetles, Granary Weevils, Indian Meal Moths, Lesser Grain Borers, Maize Weevils, Mediterranean Flour Moths, Merchant Grain Beetles, Red Flour Beetles, Rice Weevils, Rusty Grain Beetles, Sawtoothed Grain Beetles and Squarenecked Grain Beetles, dilute 2 fl. oz. of EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate per gallon of water and apply as a coarse wet spray over the top of stored nuts or the outside surface of stacked bagged nuts at the rate of 4 gallons per 1,000 sq. ft. Apply at weekly intervals for about 6 weeks and then at 15-day intervals. The first two applications should be applied at the rate of 4 gallons per 1,000 sq. ft., and subsequent treatments should be applied at the rate of 2 gallons per 1,000 sq. ft.
TREATMENT OF STORED GRAIN AND SEED AREAS: For best results to kill stored product pests in grain and seed storage areas and stored grain and seed, treat the area when it is empty of product, as a protectant applied as commodity is put into storage, and as a surface spray once it is in storage.
FOR USE IN STORAGE SITES: This concentrate can be used to treat grain and seed in warehouse bins and trucks, cargo ships, mills, bin hoppers, elevators and conveying equipment as a cleanup prior to using them for storage. In mills and elevators, all grain-infested accumulations should be removed from the bin hoppers. All storage areas and conveying equipment should be thoroughly cleaned by sweeping out the waste grain, cobwebs and other debris from the walls and rafters as well as on the floor and door frames with special attention to material lodged in the cracks and crevices. All debris should be removed and burned to kill eggs and insects that might be present.
For farms, particular attention should be given to cleaning up around the used feed and grain bags, grain residues from wagons, harvesting equipment and feed troughs. Newly harvested grain should not be placed in the same bin with carry-over grain, and all carry-over grain stocks that are not treated with grain protectant should be fumigated. These cleaning operations should be done within two or three weeks before harvest.
After above sanitation measures have been employed, spray all areas prior to use for storage with 1 part to 22 parts water (6 fl. oz. with one gallon of water) up to 1 part to 8 parts (1 pint with one gallon of water). Apply at the rate of one gallon per 750 sq. ft. on walls, floors, ceilings and partition boards of bins, paying particular attention to forcing the spray into all cracks and crevices.
FOR USE AS A GRAIN PROTECTANT: This concentrate when diluted with water and sprayed directly on grains will effectively protect the grain against grain storage insects for a full season or approximately 8 months. Dilute at the rate of 1 part to 22 parts water (6 fl. oz. with one gallon of water). Thoroughly mix the emulsion and apply at the rate of 5 gallons per 1,000 bushels of grain as it is carried along a belt or as it enters the auger or elevator. This concentrate may be used in combination with a registered fumigant for use on heavily infested stored products.
Monthly inspections should be made. If the top 2 or 3 inches are infested, re-treat applying at the rate of 2 gallons of diluted material per 1,000 bushels of stored product.
SURFACE TREATMENT OF STORED GRAIN AND SEED: To kill Indian Meal Moths, Angoumois Grain Moths and Mediterranean Flour Moths, monthly inspections should be made after the grain is placed in storage. If the top two or three inches are infested, dilute 1 part EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate with 14 parts of water and apply at the rate of 2 gallons per 1,000 sq. ft. of grain. Rake the mixture into the grain to a depth of 4 inches.
FOR USE ON LISTED ANIMALS:
1) To kill Horn Flies, House Flies and Gnats, dilute at the rate of 1.5 to 3 fl. oz. per gallon of water and apply to wet hair thoroughly, paying particular attention to topline, underline, flanks, withers and other infested areas. Repeat treatment at intervals of 5 to 12 days for small insect populations or as needed when flies are emerging in large numbers.
2) To kill stable flies, dilute at the rate of 2.5 to 4 fl. oz. per gallon of water and apply at a quart per adult animal to wet hair thoroughly, paying particular attention to legs, flanks, barrel, topline and other body areas commonly attacked by these flies. Repeat treatment each week as needed.
3) To kill face flies, dilute at the rate of 2.5 fl. oz. per gallon of water and apply using spray which produces large wetting droplets. Apply to face of animal in the morning before releasing to pasture. Apply sufficiently to wet the face but not more than 1-1/2 ounces of spray solution per animal. Repeat daily as needed.
4) To kill biting and sucking lice on livestock, dilute at the rate of 1 quart with 60 gallons of water (1.5 fl. oz. with 2 gallons) and spray to thoroughly wet hair of animal, including the head and brush of the tail. Repeat treatment in 10 days to kill newly hatched lice.
5) To kill poultry lice, use a dilution of 2.5 to 4 fl. oz. of concentrate per gallon of water. Spray roosts, walls and nests or cages thoroughly. It is not necessary to remove poultry from the housing unit during treatment. This should be followed by spraying over the birds with a fine mist.
6) To kill mites on poultry and in poultry houses, dilute at the rate of 2.5 to 4 fl. oz. per gallon of water and spray crevices of roost poles, cracks in walls and cracks in nests where the mites hide. This should be followed by spraying over the birds with a fine mist.
7) To kill sheep “Tick” or Ked, dilute at the rate of 1.5 to 3 fl. oz. per 4 gallons of water and thoroughly wet all portions of the body by dipping or spraying with sufficient pressure and with a nozzle adjustment to give penetration of the wool. Treat at a rate sufficient to wet the animal.
8) To kill fleas and brown dog ticks on livestock and to obtain protection against reinfestation, dilute at the rate of 9 fl. oz. per gallon of water and wet the animal by dipping or spraying. This product may also be used for livestock/pet quarters. Do not spray pets. For best results against fleas and brown dog ticks on dogs and cats, the kennels and/or animal quarters and bedding should be treated. Remove and destroy pet’s old bedding. To reduce infestation, thoroughly spray the animal’s bedding and sleeping quarters. Also spray the entire inside surface of dog houses. Put fresh bedding in pet’s quarters after spray has dried. Also treat dogs and cats (pets) with a registered flea and tick control product before allowing them to re-enter treated area.
9) To kill adult darkling beetles (lesser mealworms) in poultry houses, dilute 2 - 5 teaspoons of EVERGREEN Pyrethrum Concentrate per gallon of water. Using a power or proportioner-type sprayer, apply a uniform spray until wet at pressures of 80 to 100 pounds per square inch to surfaces such as interior walls, roosting posts, structural support pillars, and other surfaces where adult beetles are observed. One gallon of spray mixture covers 250 - 500 sq. ft. Do not contaminate food/feed or water. For maximum effectiveness, treatments should coincide with each growout or sanitation procedure. Indoor control can be enhanced by making perimeter treatments around the outside of buildings. To prevent immigrating adult beetles, apply a uniform band of spray 2 feet up and 1-4 feet out from the foundation.
FOR USE IN BARNS, DAIRIES, MILKING PARLORS, MILKING ROOMS AND POULTRY HOUSES: To kill the following flying insects: Fruit Flies, Gnats and Small Flying Moths, dilute at the rate of 2.5 fl. oz. per gallon of water. Apply as a fog or fine mist (at approximately 2 fl. oz. per 1,000 cu. ft. of space), directing the nozzle for maximum coverage and above livestock and poultry toward the ceiling and upper corners of the area being treated. For best results, close doors and windows before spraying, and keep them closed for 15 minutes immediately following application. Applicator should exit the treated area immediately, and thoroughly ventilate it before re-entry. Sweep up and destroy fallen insects.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
EverGreen Pyrethrum Concentrate Caution
Harmful if absorbed through skin. Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using toilet. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. Wear long-sleeved shirt and long pants, socks, shoes, and chemical-resistant gloves.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
Some materials that are chemical-resistant to this product are listed below. If you want more options, follow the instructions for category E on an EPA chemical-resistance category selection chart.
Applicators and other handlers must wear: long-sleeved shirt and long pants; chemical-resistant gloves, such as, Barrier Laminate, Nitrile Rubber, Neoprene Rubber, or Viton; shoes plus socks.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep PPE and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
USER SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS
Users should: Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove clothing immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing. Remove PPE immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
This product is toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Do not discharge effluent containing this product into lakes, streams, ponds, estuaries, oceans, or other waters unless in accordance with the requirements of a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit and the permitting authority has been notified in writing prior to discharge. Do not discharge effluent containing this product to sewer systems without previously notifying the local sewage treatment plant authority. For guidance, contact your State Water Board or Regional Office of the EPA. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equivalent washwaters.
This product is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds while bees are actively visiting the treatment area.
● Immediately call a poison control center or doctor.
● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
IF IN EYES:
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
● Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING:
● Take off contaminated clothing.
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-888-740-8712 for emergency medical treatment information.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage or disposal.
Keep this product in its tightly closed original container, when not in use. Store in a cool, dry (preferably locked) area that is inaccessible to children and animals.
Wastes resulting from the use of this product may be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.
Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Triple rinse or pressure rinse container (or equivalent) promptly after emptying.
For containers less than or equal to 5 gallons: Triple rinse as follows: Empty the remaining contents into application equipment or a mix tank and drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Fill the container 1/4 full with water and recap. Shake for 10 seconds. Pour rinsate into application equipment or a mix tank, or store rinsate for later use or disposal. Drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Repeat this procedure two more times. Offer for recycling if available or reconditioning if appropriate, or puncture and dispose of in a sanitary landfill, or by other procedures approved by state and local authorities.
For containers that are greater than 5 gallons: Triple rinse as follows: Empty the remaining contents into application equipment or a mix tank. Fill the container 1/4 full with water. Replace and tighten closures. Tip container on its side and roll it back and forth ensuring at least one complete revolution, for 30 seconds. Stand the container on its end and tip it back and forth several times. Turn the container over onto its other end and tip it back and forth several times. Empty the rinsate into application equipment or a mix tank, or store rinsate for later use or disposal. Repeat this procedure two more times. Offer for recycling if available or reconditioning if appropriate, or puncture and dispose of in a sanitary landfill, or by other procedures approved by state and local authorities.
For totes/55 gal containers: Pressure rinse as follows: Empty the remaining contents into application equipment or a mix tank and continue to drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Hold container upside down over application equipment or mix tank or collect rinsate for later use or disposal. Insert pressure rinsing nozzle in the side of the container, and rinse at about 40 psi for at least 30 seconds. Drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip.
EPA Reg. No. 1021-2560
EPA Est. No. 1021-MN-2
EVERGREEN® - Registered trademark of McLaughlin Gormley King Company.
©2021 MGK. All rights reserved.
Manufactured for MGK®.
7325 Aspen Lane North, Minneapolis, MN 55428
Presentation: 1 pint bottle, 1 gallon bottle, and 55 gallon drum.
7325 ASPEN LANE NORTH, MINNEAPOLIS, MN, 55428
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2022-11-29