EAZI-Breed CIDR Sheep InsertThis page contains information on EAZI-Breed CIDR Sheep Insert for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- EAZI-Breed CIDR Sheep Insert Indications
- Warnings and cautions for EAZI-Breed CIDR Sheep Insert
- Direction and dosage information for EAZI-Breed CIDR Sheep Insert
EAZI-Breed CIDR Sheep InsertThis treatment applies to the following species:
NET CONTENTS: 20 EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Inserts per bag
Each EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert contains 0.3 gram of progesterone in molded silicone over a flexible nylon spine. Attached to each EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert is a nylon tail.
NADA 141-302, Approved by FDA
Active Ingredient: Progesterone, 0.3 gram per EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert
Use: Induction of estrus in ewes (sheep) during seasonal anestrus. Seasonal anestrus is when ewes do not have regular estrous cycles outside the natural breeding season. EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Inserts have not been tested in estrous cycling ewes.
Read booklet label before using drug for complete product information.
Human Warning: Avoid contact with skin by wearing protective gloves when handling the inserts.
Not for Use in Humans.
Keep this and all medications out of the reach of children.
Environmental Warning: Used (removed) EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Inserts still contain some progesterone. Used EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Inserts must be stored in a sealable container until disposed. Sealed bag/container with used EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Inserts must be properly disposed in accordance with applicable local, state and Federal regulations.
Residue Warning: A pre-slaughter withdrawal period is not required when this product is used according to label directions.
Store at controlled room temperature 20° to 25° C (68° to 77° F) with excursions between 15° to 30° C (59° to 86° F).
To report suspected adverse reactions or questions call Zoetis at 1-888-963-8471.
silicone rubber, nylon.
DO NOT USE
● in ewes with abnormal, immature or infected genital tracts
● in ewes that have never lambed
● an insert more than once. To prevent the potential transmission of venereal and blood borne diseases the EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert should be disposed after a single use.
WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT:
● In ewes that respond to treatment the onset of estrus generally occurs within 1 to 3 days after removal of the EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert.
● Make sure to have a sufficient number of rams to adequately breed all ewes with an induced estrus. Breeds of rams may vary in libido in the non-breeding season. Therefore a ewe to ram ratio up to 18:1 is recommended for multi-sire situations. For single sire lots, 12:1 for ram lambs and up to 18:1 for yearling rams are recommended.
YOU MAY NOTICE:
Clear, cloudy, yellow or bloody mucus on the outside of EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert when removed from ewes. The mucus may have an offensive odor. This is a result of mild irritation to the vaginal lining by the presence of the EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert, and generally clears between the time of removal and breeding. Such irritation does not affect fertility.
Directions For Use
For induction of estrus in ewes (sheep) during seasonal anestrus:
● Administer one EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert per ewe for 5 days.
● After insert removal, use standard flock breeding procedures to breed ewes at induced estrus.
1. Avoid contact with skin by wearing protective gloves when handling inserts.
2. Only use the specially designed EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert Applicator for administration.
3. Restrain ewes appropriately prior to administration.
4. Wash the applicator in a non-irritating antiseptic solution, and then apply a veterinary obstetrical lubricant to the end of the applicator.
5. Push the tail end of the EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert into the applicator taking care to assure the tail is extending upward through the slot of the applicator and is pointed away from the handle.
6. Fold the wings of the EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert to make it longer and continue to advance the insert into the applicator until it is fully seated with only the tips of the wings protruding from the end of the applicator (see Figure 1).
7. Lubricate the protruding tips of the wings of the EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert with veterinary obstetrical lubricant.
8. Clean the exterior of the vulva with disposable tissue.
9. Open the lips of the vulva and gently place the loaded applicator through the vulva. The slot in the applicator should face down (see Figure 2).
10. Once the loaded applicator is past the vulva slope the applicator slightly upwards (35 - 45° angle) by lowering the handle, and then forward, without forcing, until the applicator is fully inserted or resistance is felt (see Figure 3).
11. Squeeze the finger grips within the handle of the applicator to deposit the EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert in the anterior vagina (see Figure 4) and then pull the applicator backwards to remove it from the vagina.
12. With the EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert correctly placed, with the wings open in the anterior portion of the vagina, the tail of the insert should be visible, pointing downward from the vulva of the ewe.
1. Remove EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Inserts by pulling, gently but firmly, on the protruding nylon tail.
2. EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Inserts may reverse direction within the vagina; therefore, if the nylon tail of the insert is not visible on the day of removal, check the vagina to determine if an insert is present.
3. Used (removed) EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Inserts must be stored in a sealable container until disposed. Sealed bag/container with used EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Inserts must be properly disposed in accordance with applicable local, state and Federal regulations.
Restricted Drug (California) - use only as directed
Made in New Zealand
Distributed by: Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007
EAZI-BREED is a trademark and CIDR is a registered trademark of DEC International, NZ, Ltd.
333 PORTAGE STREET, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49007
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the EAZI-Breed CIDR Sheep Insert information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-09-30