Clonevac D-78 (Canada)This page contains information on Clonevac D-78 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Clonevac D-78 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Clonevac D-78
- Direction and dosage information for Clonevac D-78
Clonevac D-78This treatment applies to the following species:
BURSAL DISEASE VACCINE
Drinking Water or Coarse Spray Use
Caution: Use Only in Localities Where Permitted and on Premises with a History of Infectious Bursal Disease
READ IN FULL
CLONEVAC D-78® contains an intermediate strain of Infectious Bursal Disease (IBD) Virus propagated in SPF (Specific Pathogen Free) substrates. The strain was developed from a bursal disease field isolate.
Clonevac D-78 Indications For Use
CLONEVAC D-78®, a live virus vaccine, is indicated for initial vaccination of healthy chickens two (2) weeks of age or older via drinking water or one (1) day of age or older via coarse spray for the prevention of infectious bursal disease (IBD) - also known as Gumboro Disease. The vaccine may also be used for priming of breeder replacement pullets. If chickens are vaccinated earlier than two weeks of age, revaccination at four weeks may be indicated for optimum protection.
Immune status, general health, and field exposure to IBD virus must be assessed to develop an effective program. Immunological priming of breeder replacement chickens can be accomplished at 10 to 12 weeks of age, followed by the use of an inactivated vaccine at 18-20 weeks of age.
Preparation Of Vaccine
For Drinking Water or Coarse Spray Use
PRODUCT CODE 051088
DO NOT OPEN AND MIX THE VACCINE UNTIL READY TO BEGIN VACCINATION. USE VACCINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER MIXING.
1. Remove the tear-off seal and stopper from the vial containing the dried vaccine.
2. Carefully pour clean, cool, non-chlorinated tap water into vial until the vial is approximately two-thirds full.
3. Insert the rubber stopper and shake vigorously until all material is dissolved.
4. The vaccine is now ready for use in accordance with directions below. For the best results, be sure to follow directions carefully!
Drinking Water Administration
For chickens two weeks of age or older
1. Do not use any disinfectants in the drinking water 48 hours before vaccinating and for 24 hours after vaccination.
2. Withhold the water from the chickens until they are thirsty. Withholding periods will vary from 2 to 12 hours according to age of chickens and climatic conditions.
3. Scrub waterers and rinse thoroughly with fresh, clean water. Do not use disinfectants for cleaning the waterers.
4. Rehydrate the vaccine as directed above.
5. Mix rehydrated vaccine with clean, cool, non-chlorinated tap water in accordance with the following chart.
Age of Chickens
Water Per 1000 Doses Vaccine
6 Gal. (24 liters)
10 Gal. (40 liters)
8 weeks or older
16 Gal. (64 liters)
As an aid in preserving the virus, 3.2 ounces (85 mL) of non-fat powdered milk may be added with each 10 gallons of water used for mixing vaccine. Add the dried milk first and mix until dissolved. Then add the rehydrated vaccine from the vial and mix thoroughly.
6. Distribute the vaccine solution, as prepared above, among the waterers provided for the chickens. Avoid placing waterers in direct sunlight.
7. Provide no other drinking water until all the vaccine-water solution has been consumed.
Coarse Spray Vaccination
For chickens one day of age or older:
1. Use rehydrated vaccine as indicated for specific coarse spray vaccination machine. For example, a sprayer which dispenses 20 mL to 100 chickens: Total volume for 2500 doses is 500 ml., and 10,000 doses is 2,000 ml. of deionized water. Mix thoroughly.
2. Add the prepared vaccine solution to reservoir on the sprayer.
3. Prime and adjust sprayer as instructed in manual accompanying the specific machine.
Clonevac D-78 Caution
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS. Although disease may not be evident, coccidiosis, mycoplasma infection, Marek’s disease, and other disease conditions may cause complications or reduce immunity.
2. All susceptible chickens on the same premises should be vaccinated at the same time.
3. Efforts should be taken to reduce stress conditions at the time of vaccination and during the reaction period.
4. Do not spill or splash the vaccine.
5. Do not dilute the vaccine or otherwise stretch the dosage.
6. Use entire contents when first opened.
7. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
8. Burn this container and all unused contents.
9. This vaccine contains gentamicin as a preservative.
10. FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Intervet Inc. and USDA requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of individual chickens, and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
This product is not hazardous when used according to directions supplied. A material safety data sheet (MSDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling toll free Intervet Canada Corp. Customer Service at 1-866-683-7838.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
10 x 10,000 doses
- Drinking Water or Coarse Spray Use
The use of the vaccine is subject to applicable local and federal laws and regulations.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
STORE VACCINE BETWEEN 2 AND 7°C (35 AND 45°F)
THE PRODUCT IS NON-RETURNABLE
INTERVET INC., Millsboro, Delaware U.S.A.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
For technical enquiries, call toll free 1 888 306-0069.
NAC No.: 12081352
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Clonevac D-78 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2018-10-31