Arko Ery Vac FDThis page contains information on Arko Ery Vac FD for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Arko Ery Vac FD Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Arko Ery Vac FD
- Direction and dosage information for Arko Ery Vac FD
Arko Ery Vac FDThis treatment applies to the following species:
READ IN FULL
ERYSIPELOTHRIX RHUSIOPATHIAE VACCINE
Avirulent Live Culture
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy turkeys 8 weeks of age or older against Erysipelas. The duration of immunity for this product has not been determined. For more information regarding efficacy and safety data see productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
Contact a veterinarian for more information on vaccination frequency.
The vaccine is recommended for oral immunization of healthy turkeys. The first dose should be given at 8 weeks of age. Subsequent revaccination may be given 2-3 weeks following the initial vaccination. Turkeys must be healthy and free from any outside stresses at the time of vaccination. Previous exposure to immunosuppressing agents such as field Coryza, Newcastle, Hemorrhagic Enteritis and other diseases can influence the birds ability to respond to vaccination.
ADMINISTRATION AND DOSAGE
The first dose of vaccine should be administered in the drinking water at 8 weeks of age. A repeat vaccination may be given 2-3 weeks following the initial vaccination. The need for annual booster vaccinations has not been established for this product; consulting with a veterinarian is recommended.
1) Medications and disinfecting products in the drinking water are not compatible with ARKO ERY VAC FD. Discontinue their use at least 3 days before vaccination and do not resume their use for 3 days after vaccination.
2) Do not use chlorinated water for vaccination. Scrub and clean all waterers before vaccination with non-chlorinated water.
3) Flush the water lines with one pound of powdered milk per 100 gallons of water prior to vaccinating to protect the vaccine and prevent possible inactivation from chlorine.
4) Rehydrate the vaccine just prior to use. Remove the aluminum seal and the stopper. Rehydrate the vaccine with water. Milk diluent can be made by adding powdered milk to cool, clean, non-chlorinated water at a rate of 1 teaspoon per gallon. After reconstitution, reseat the stopper and shake to thoroughly dissolve the vaccine. Do not mix the vaccine into the drinking water until just before vaccination.
5) The vaccine is to be used at a rate of 1 vial of vaccine for every 1000 birds. Generally water may be withheld up to 2 hours prior to vaccinating to assure all the turkeys will drink. The vaccine should be administered in an amount of drinking water (milk added) that would be consumed by thirsty turkeys in approximately 6 hours. Provide ample water space so all turkeys can drink easily.
6) Daily water consumption for each flock needs to be determined just prior to vaccination. Water consumption is affected by weather, management conditions and the age of the birds. When specific water consumption information is not available, please refer to a reference table. The following table will serve as a general guideline to determine the amount of water to be used with the vaccine if more specific information is not available.
7) Do not mix with other products except as specified on the label.
WATER CONSUMPTION PER 1000 DOSES
AGE IN WEEKS
Gallons of water consumed by 1000 turkeys per day: average temperatures
Store this vaccine at 2-8°C (35-46°F). Use entire contents when opened. Use only proper hygiene when handling the vaccine. Burn all containers and unused portions of vaccine. Clean any spills with disinfectants. Keep the vaccine away from open wounds. Wear gloves if necessary. Wash hands thoroughly after using the vaccine. In case of human exposure, contact a physician. Do not mix with other products except as specified on the label.
It is advised to record the vaccine serial number, the expiration date, the date of vaccination and any reactions observed. This product should be stored, transported, and administered in accordance with the instructions and directions. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter.
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY
ARKO LABORATORIES LTD., JEWELL, IOWA 50130
US VETERINARY LICENSE NO. 337
P.O. BOX 400, 1336 MAIN STREET, JEWELL, IA, 50130
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-29