Vanex Expectorant Side Effects
Generic Name: guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine
Note: This document contains side effect information about guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Vanex Expectorant.
For the Consumer
Applies to guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine: oral elixir, oral liquid, oral solution, oral syrup, oral tablet
Along with its needed effects, guaifenesin/hydrocodone/pseudoephedrine may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
- Abdominal or stomach cramps or pain
- blurred vision
- chest pain or discomfort
- cold, clammy, pale skin
- difficult or troubled breathing
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing
- pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
- shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet
- slow heart rate
- trembling or shaking of the hands or feet
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Some side effects of guaifenesin/hydrocodone/pseudoephedrine may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:More common
- feeling of warmth
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- relaxed and calm
- sudden sweating
- Trouble sleeping
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine: oral liquid, oral tablet
The most commonly reported adverse effects have included headache, dizziness, sedation, nausea, diarrhea, decreased blood pressure, and flushing.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Dose-related respiratory depression including fatal respiratory depression
Frequency not reported: Sedation (somnolence), headache, dizziness, weakness, decreased mental alertness with impaired mental and/or physical abilities
Frequency not reported: Increased intracranial pressure
Frequency not reported: Convulsions
Frequency not reported: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation
Frequency not reported: Paralytic ileus
1. "Product Information. Dynex HD (guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine)." Athlon Pharmaceuticals Inc, Birmingham, AL.
2. "Product Information. Hycofenix (guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine)." Mission Pharmacal Company, San Antonio, TX.
3. "Product Information. Entex HC (guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine)." Athlon Pharmaceuticals Inc, Birmingham, AL.
Some side effects of Vanex Expectorant may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
More about Vanex Expectorant (guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.