Terbinafine topical Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to terbinafine topical: topical cream, topical gel/jelly, topical solution, topical spray
Along with its needed effects, terbinafine topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking terbinafine topical:
- or other signs of skin irritation not present before use of this medicine
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to terbinafine topical: topical cream, topical gel, topical solution, topical spray
Dermatologic side effects have included burning or irritation (1.3%), itching (1.1%), skin exfoliation (1%), and erythematous rash (0.9%).[Ref]
Therapy was discontinued in clinical trials by 0.2% of patients treated with terbinafine solution and 0.6% of patients treated with placebo.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Lamisil (terbinafine)." Sandoz Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about terbinafine topical
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Pricing & Coupons
- 9 Reviews
- Drug class: topical antifungals
- Terbinafine topical
- Terbinafine Cream and Gel
- Terbinafine Spray
- Terbinafine Topical (Advanced Reading)