Teprotumumab Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 25, 2020.
For the Consumer
Applies to teprotumumab: intravenous solution reconstituted
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of high blood sugar like confusion, feeling sleepy, more thirst, more hungry, passing urine more often, flushing, fast breathing, or breath that smells like fruit.
- Change in hearing.
- Infusion reactions have happened during or after the infusion. Tell your doctor right away if you have effects like fast heartbeat; feeling hot; shortness of breath; muscle pain; or signs of high blood pressure like headache, dizziness, passing out, or change in eyesight.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to teprotumumab: intravenous powder for injection
Very common (10% or more): Muscle spasms (25%)[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Nausea (17%), diarrhea (12%)
Common (1% to 10%): Dysgeusia
Very common (10% or more): Hyperglycemia (10%)[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Headache[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Alopecia (13%)
Common (1% to 10%): Dry skin[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Fatigue (12%), hearing impairment (10%)
1. "Product Information. Tepezza (teprotumumab)." Horizon Therapeutics USA Inc, Northbrook, IL.
More about teprotumumab
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- Drug class: growth hormone receptor blockers
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.