User Reviews for Pegvisomant

Also known as: Somavert

Acromegaly

Summary of Pegvisomant reviews 3.0 2 reviews

Reviews for Pegvisomant

Somavert (pegvisomant) for Acromegaly: "I have a pituitary adenoma and had surgery in 2006 but the entire tumor was not removed because it was too close to my hypothalamus gland. I have been taking 15mg of Somavert which kept my IGF-1 under control but it started going up when Pfizer changed the method of administering the drug. Now the sterile water is in a refilled syringe which you also use to inject the drug. The needle is larger than the insulin syringe that I had been using in the past. When I received the okay to use an insulin syringe, I noticed that there was more than 1 ml of mixed Somavert. I notified Pfizer and was told to inject the entire amount. I told them I think the Somavert is diluted but I got no response. My endocrinologist has been in contact with Pfizer but I have not heard anything more. So now, my IGF-1, A1c, and blood pressure have been increasing. So is the change in packaging of the Somavert causing problems? "

k2 (taken for 10 years or more) May 17, 2019

Somavert (pegvisomant) for Acromegaly: "I have been on Somavert for 5 months now. I started at 10mg and for the past two months have moved to 15mg to better control my condition. I am also on Sandostation 30LAR which alone has not controlled my condition. I have had 2 surgeries to reduce my pituitary tumor but have a portion remaining that surrounds my optic nerve. I have also had radiation to reduce the remaining tumor. I am very pleased with the results of Somavert. My growth hormone levels have been reduced considerably but are still above normal. I have had few negative side affects. I inject daily into the leg as injections into the stomach area will remain sore for 2-3 days. The positive side effects include reduced growth hormone levels and blood sugars."

Lenskeeper November 8, 2008