Su-Tuss HD Elixir Side Effects
Generic Name: guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine
Note: This page contains side effects data for the generic drug guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine. It is possible that some of the dosage forms included below may not apply to the brand name Su-Tuss HD Elixir.
For the Consumer
Applies to guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine: oral elixir, oral liquid, oral solution, oral syrup, oral tablet
As well as its needed effects, guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine may cause unwanted side effects that require medical attention.
Major Side Effects
If any of the following side effects occur while taking guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine, check with your doctor immediately:Incidence not known:
- Abdominal or stomach cramps or pain
- blurred vision
- chest pain or discomfort
- cold, clammy, pale skin
- difficult or troubled breathing
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing
- pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
- shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet
- slow heart rate
- trembling or shaking of the hands or feet
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Minor Side Effects
Some guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine side effects may not need any medical attention. As your body gets used to the medicine these side effects may disappear. Your health care professional may be able to help you prevent or reduce these side effects, but do check with them if any of the following side effects continue, or if you are concerned about them:More common:
- feeling of warmth
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- relaxed and calm
- sudden sweating
- Trouble sleeping
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine: oral liquid, oral tablet
1. "Product Information. Dynex HD (guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine)." Athlon Pharmaceuticals Inc, Birmingham, AL.
2. "Product Information. Entex HC (guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine)." Athlon Pharmaceuticals Inc, Birmingham, AL.
It is possible that some side effects of Su-Tuss HD Elixir may not have been reported. These can be reported to the FDA here. Always consult a healthcare professional for medical advice.
More about Su-Tuss HD Elixir (guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations