Mylanta Gas Maximum Strength Side Effects
Generic name: simethicone
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 9, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about simethicone. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Mylanta Gas Maximum Strength.
Applies to simethicone: oral capsule liquid filled, oral solution, oral suspension, oral tablet, oral tablet chewable.
There have not been any common or important side effects reported with this medicine. However, if you notice any side effects, check with your doctor.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to simethicone: compounding liquid, compounding powder, oral capsule, oral disintegrating strip, oral liquid, oral suspension, oral tablet, oral tablet chewable.
Rare (0.01% to 0.1%): Face edema, hypersensitivity reactions[Ref]
Rare (0.01% to 0.1%): Respiratory difficulty[Ref]
More about Mylanta Gas Maximum Strength (simethicone)
- Check interactions
- Drug images
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: miscellaneous GI agents
- En español
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Mylicon (simethicone)." Johnson and Johnson Medical Inc (2001):
2. "Product Information. Maalox Anti-Gas Extra Strength (simethicone)." Novartis Consumer Health (2003):
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
4. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.