L-Arginine Side Effects
Generic Name: arginine
Note: This document contains side effect information about arginine. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name L-Arginine.
Applies to arginine: intravenous solution
Along with its needed effects, arginine (the active ingredient contained in L-Arginine) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking arginine:
- Redness or discoloration of the skin
- swelling of the hands and face
Incidence Not Known
- Blood in the urine
- difficulty swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- hives, itching, skin rash
- pain or redness at the injection site
- pale skin at the injection site
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- tightness in the chest
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Get emergency help immediately if any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking arginine:
Symptoms of Overdose
- deep or fast breathing with dizziness
- muscle tremors
- numbness of the feet, hands, and around the mouth
- rapid, deep breathing
- stomach cramps
Some side effects of arginine may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Bleeding, blistering, burning, coldness, discoloration of skin, feeling of pressure, hives, infection, inflammation, itching, lumps, numbness, rash, scarring, soreness, stinging, swelling, tenderness, tingling, ulceration, or warmth at the injection site
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about L-Arginine (arginine)
Other brands: R-Gene 10