Glasdegib Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to glasdegib: oral tablet
- Use of this drug during pregnancy may cause birth defects or death of the unborn baby. You will need to have a pregnancy test to show that you are NOT pregnant before starting this drug. Talk with the doctor.
- Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this drug and for at least 1 month after stopping this drug.
- If you are a man and have sex with a pregnant female or a female who can get pregnant, you must use a condom while you take this drug and for at least 1 month after your last dose. Use a condom even if you have had a vasectomy.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of bleeding like throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds; coughing up blood; blood in the urine; black, red, or tarry stools; bleeding from the gums; vaginal bleeding that is not normal; bruises without a reason or that get bigger; or any bleeding that is very bad or that you cannot stop.
- Signs of kidney problems like unable to pass urine, change in how much urine is passed, blood in the urine, or a big weight gain.
- Signs of electrolyte problems like mood changes, confusion, muscle pain or weakness, a heartbeat that does not feel normal, seizures, not hungry, or very bad upset stomach or throwing up.
- Dizziness or passing out.
- Fast or slow heartbeat.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Chest pain.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Fever or chills.
- Sore throat.
- Shortness of breath.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Not hungry.
- Stomach pain.
- Change in taste.
- Hair loss.
- Feeling tired or weak.
- Back, bone, joint, muscle, or neck pain.
- Mouth sores.
- Mouth or throat pain or irritation.
- Gum pain or irritation.
- Weight loss.
- Muscle spasm.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to glasdegib: oral tablet
Very common (10% or more): Anemia (43%), hemorrhage (e.g., petechiae, epistaxis, hematoma, contusion, rectal hemorrhage, anal hemorrhage, ecchymosis, gingival bleeding, hematuria, mouth hemorrhage, purpura, cerebral hemorrhage, eye contusion, eye hemorrhage, gastric hemorrhage, GI hemorrhage, hematemesis, hemoptysis, implant site hematoma, injection site bruising, retroperitoneal hematoma, thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, tracheal hemorrhage, conjunctival hemorrhage, disseminated intravascular coagulation, eyelid hematoma, hematochezia, hemorrhage intracranial, hemorrhoidal hemorrhage, lower GI hemorrhage, retinal hemorrhage, subdural hematoma) (36%), febrile neutropenia (31%0, thrombocytopenia (30%), platelet count decreased (15%), white blood cell count decreased (11%)[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Musculoskeletal pain (e.g., pain in extremity, arthralgia, back pain, myalgia, musculoskeletal pain, musculoskeletal chest pain, neck pain, bone pain (30%), creatine phosphokinase (CPK) increased (16%), muscle tightness/spasm (15%)[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Hyponatremia (54%), hypomagnesemia (33%), edema (e.g., edema peripheral, edema, fluid overload, fluid retention, swelling face) (30%), decreased appetite (21%), hypokalemia (15%), weight loss (13%)[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): AST increased (28%), alkaline phosphatase increased (23%)[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Asthenia/fatigue (36%), pyrexia (18%)[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Dysgeusia/ageusia (21%), dizziness (18%), headache (12%)[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Creatinine increased (96%), renal insufficiency (e.g., acute kidney injury, blood creatinine increased, oliguria, renal failure) (19%)[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): QT interval prolongation[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Nausea (29%), mucositis (e.g., mucosal inflammation, oropharyngeal pain, stomatitis, anal ulcer, gingival pain, laryngeal inflammation, esophagitis, oral pain, aphthous ulcer, mouth ulceration, pharyngeal inflammation) (21%), constipation (20%), diarrhea (18%), vomiting (18%)
1. "Product Information. Daurismo (glasdegib)." Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals Group, New York, NY.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.