DuoDote Side Effects
Generic Name: atropine / pralidoxime
Note: This document contains side effect information about atropine / pralidoxime. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name DuoDote.
For the Consumer
Applies to atropine / pralidoxime: intramuscular solution auto-injector
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of high blood pressure like very bad headache or dizziness, passing out, or change in eyesight.
- Chest pain or pressure or a fast heartbeat.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Feeling confused.
- Trouble passing urine.
- Lowered interest in sex.
- Not able to get or keep an erection.
- Fast breathing.
- Not able to pass urine or change in how much urine is passed.
- Not sweating during activities or in warm temperatures.
- Swelling of belly.
- Trouble swallowing.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Very hard stools (constipation).
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or very bad eye irritation.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Irritation where the shot is given.
- Dry mouth.
- Dry skin.
- Dry eyes.
- Blurred eyesight.
- If bright lights bother your eyes.
- Hard stools (constipation).
- Belly pain.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Feeling sleepy.
- Muscle weakness.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Nervous system side effects have included confusion, headache, dizziness, restlessness, tremor, fatigue, locomotor difficulties, delirium followed by hallucinations, depression, and, ultimately medullary paralysis and death.[Ref]
Cardiovascular side effects have included flushing, sinus tachycardia, palpitations, premature ventricular contractions, atrial flutter, atrial fibrillation, ventricular flutter, ventricular fibrillation, cardiac syncope, asystole, and myocardial infarction.[Ref]
Hypersensitivity side effects have included skin rashes which have progressed to exfoliation. Anaphylactic reaction and laryngospasm are rare.[Ref]
Musculoskeletal side effects have included muscular weakness.[Ref]
Dermatologic side effects have included maculopapular rash, petechial rash, and scarlatiniform rash. Anhidrosis may produce heat intolerance and impairment of temperature regulation in a hot environment.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. DuoDote (atropine-pralidoxime)." Meridian Medical Technologies Inc, Columbia, MD.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about DuoDote (atropine / pralidoxime)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: antidotes
Other brands: ATNAA