Stool Softener Syrup
Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 60mg in 15mL
Labeler: AMERISOURCEBERGEN DRUG CORPORATION
NDC Code: 46122-400
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate Sodium 60 mg
Stool Softener Laxative
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Do not use for more than one week unless directed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you
- have abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
- are taking mineral oil
- have noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 14 days
- have a sodium-restricted diet
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement within 3 days. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- a skin rash occurs
- you experience throat irritation
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control Center right away.
- follow dosing directions below or take as directed by doctor
- must be given in a 6 to 8 oz glass of milk or fruit juice to prevent throat irritation
- may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses
- take maximum daily dose until first bowel movement, then reduce dose according to individual response
- shake well before using
|Adults and children 12 years and over||1 to 3 tablespoonfuls (15 to 45 mL)|
|Children under 12 years of age||ask a doctor|
- Each 15 mL tablespoonful contains: sodium 51 mg
- Store at room temperature 15°- 30° C (59°-86° F)
- protect from excessive heat
- Keep tightly closed
citric acid, D&C Red #33, FD&C Red #40, flavors, glycerin, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sodium saccharin, sorbitol, water.
|STOOL SOFTENER SYRUP
docusate sodium syrup
|Labeler - AMERISOURCEBERGEN DRUG CORPORATION (007914906)|
|Registrant - GERI-CARE PHARMACEUTICAL CORP (611196254)|