The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Daytime Cold Flu Relief
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-472
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves common cold and flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
do not exceed recommended dosage.
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- new symptoms occur
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose can cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)
- do not take more than 4 doses in 24 hours
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 softgels with water every 4 hours
- swallow whole; do not crush, chew, or dissolve
- children under 12 years: do not use
- when using other Daytime or Nighttime products, carefully read each label to ensure correct dosing
- store at room temperature 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- avoid excessive heat
butylated hydroxyanisole, butylated hydroxytoluene, edible white ink, FD&C red #40*, FD&C yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitan, sorbitol
*may contain this ingredient
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare to the active ingredients in Vicks® DayQuil® LiquiCaps®†
MULTI-SYMPTOM COLD & FLU RELIEF
ACETAMINOPHEN...PAIN RELIEVER / FEVER REDUCER
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr...COUGH SUPPRESSANT
PHENYLEPHRINE HCl...NASAL DECONGESTANT
Relieves aching and fever, sore throat, coughing, and congested-stuffy head so you can get through the day
Alcohol free, Antihistamine free
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Procter & Gamble, owner of the registered trademarks Vicks®, DayQuil®, and LiquiCaps®.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
|DAYTIME COLD FLU RELIEF
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|