Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Melaleuca, Inc.
NDC code: 54473-080
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Mar 6, 2023.
Active ingredients (in each 5 mL tsp)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg..........Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg............................Expectorant
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
Do not use
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
adults and children
12 years and over
2 tsp every
children under 12 years
do not use
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
Inactive ingredients anhydrous citric acid, FD and C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate
Questions or comments?
DO NOT USE IF PRINTED NECKBAND IS BROKEN OR MISSING
dextromethorphan hbr. and guaifenesin syrup
|Labeler - Melaleuca, Inc. (139760102)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.