PREPARATION H MAXIMUM STRENGTH
Medically reviewed on October 16, 2017
Dosage form: cream
Ingredients: GLYCERIN 144mg in 1g, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 1g, PRAMOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 1g, PETROLATUM 150mg in 1g
Labeler: Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
NDC Code: 0573-2868
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%||Vasoconstrictor|
|Pramoxine HCl 1%||Local anesthetic|
|White petrolatum 15%||Protectant|
- for temporary relief of pain, soreness and burning
- helps relieve the local itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
- temporarily shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue
- temporarily provides a coating for relief of anorectal discomforts
- temporarily protects the inflamed, irritated anorectal surface to help make bowel movements less painful
For external use only
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression.
- do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor
- do not put into the rectum by using fingers or any mechanical device or applicator
- bleeding occurs
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
- an allergic reaction develops
- the symptom being treated does not subside or if redness, irritation, swelling, pain or other symptoms develop or increase
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults: when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before applying cream.
- when first opening the tube, puncture foil seal with top end of cap
- apply externally or in the lower portion of the anal canal only
- apply externally to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement
- for application in the lower anal canal: remove cover from dispensing cap. Attach dispensing cap to tube. Lubricate dispensing cap well, then gently insert dispensing cap partway into the anus.
- thoroughly cleanse dispensing cap after each use and replace cover
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
aloe barbadensis leaf extract, anhydrous citric acid, butylated hydroxyanisole, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, cetyl alcohol, citric acid monohydrate, dexpanthenol, edetate disodium, glyceryl monostearate, methylparaben, mineral oil, polyoxyl lauryl ether, polyoxyl stearyl ether, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium benzoate, stearyl alcohol, tocopherols excipient, vitamin E acetate, xanthan gum
Call weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-99PrepH or 1-800-997-7374.
For most recent product information, visit www.preparationh.com.
Maximum Strength Pain Relief
Formula with Aloe
- Rapid, Soothing Pain Relief from Painful
Burning, Itching and Discomfort
- Shrinks Swollen Hemorrhoidal Tissue
- Protects Irritated Tissue
- Relieves External Discomfort
NET WT. 1.8 OZ (51 g)
glycerin, petrolatum, phenylephrine hcl, pramoxine hcl cream
|Labeler - Pfizer Consumer Healthcare (828831730)|
|Pfizer Canada Inc.||246770197||ANALYSIS(0573-2868), LABEL(0573-2868), MANUFACTURE(0573-2868), PACK(0573-2868)|
More about phenylephrine/pramoxine topical
- Phenylephrine/pramoxine topical Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- 6 Reviews
- Drug class: anorectal preparations