What type of drug is Libtayo?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Mar 24, 2019.
Libtayo (cemiplimab-rwlc) is classified as a programmed death receptor-1 (PD-1) blocking antibody (also called an immune checkpoint inhibitor).
Libtayo from Sanofi and Regeneron is approved for patients with metastatic cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (CSCC) or locally advanced CSCC who are not candidates for curative surgery or radiation. Libtayo is the first FDA approval of a drug specifically for advanced CSCC.
To learn more about Libtayo and other immune checkpoint inhibitors, review the following Drugs.com slideshow:
Related Medical Questions
- Oxycodone vs Hydrocodone - How do they compare?
- How long should you take Lupron for prostate cancer?
- Vicodin vs Percocet: What's the difference?
- How effective is Casodex (bicalutamide) for prostate cancer?
- How does Lupron (leuprolide) work for prostate cancer?
- How does Ibrance kill cancer?
- How do you inject Lupron Depot for prostate cancer?