Calcium / ferrous fumarate / vitamin d and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There are 2 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with calcium / ferrous fumarate / vitamin d which include:
calcium carbonate food
Moderate Food Interaction
Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.
ADJUST DOSING INTERVAL: Administration with food may increase the absorption of calcium. However, foods high in oxalic acid (spinach or rhubarb), or phytic acid (bran and whole grains) may decrease calcium absorption.
MANAGEMENT: Calcium may be administered with food to increase absorption. Consider withholding calcium administration for at least 2 hours before or after consuming foods high in oxalic acid or phytic acid.
- Davies NT "Anti-nutrient factors affecting mineral utilization." Proc Nutr Soc 38 (1979): 121-8
- Agencia Española de Medicamentos y Productos Sanitarios Healthcare "Centro de información online de medicamentos de la AEMPS - CIMA. Available from: URL: https://cima.aemps.es/cima/publico/home.html." ():
- Canadian Pharmacists Association "e-CPS. Available from: URL: http://www.pharmacists.ca/function/Subscriptions/ecps.cfm?link=eCPS_quikLink."
- Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
- Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
- Mangels AR "Bone nutrients for vegetarians." Am J Clin Nutr 100 (2014): epub
ferrous fumarate food
Minor Food Interaction
Information for this minor interaction is available on the professional version.
Calcium / ferrous fumarate / vitamin d drug interactions
There are 283 drug interactions with calcium / ferrous fumarate / vitamin d
Calcium / ferrous fumarate / vitamin d disease interactions
There are 13 disease interactions with calcium / ferrous fumarate / vitamin d which include:
- phosphate calcifications
- cardiac contraction/conduction
- renal dysfunction
- hemoglobin abnormalities
- electrolyte imbalance
- renal dysfunction
- gastrointestinal irritation
- hepatobiliary dysfunction
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|