Drug interactions between Crestor and levothyroxine
Interactions between your drugs
- Crestor is in the drug class statins.
- Crestor is used to treat the following conditions:
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous
- High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIb, Elevated LDL VLDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type III, Elevated beta-VLDL IDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IV, Elevated VLDL
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
- Levothyroxine is a member of the drug class thyroid drugs.
- Levothyroxine is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: levothyroxine
The timing of meals relative to your levothyroxine dose can affect absorption of the medication. Therefore, levothyroxine should be taken on a consistent schedule with regard to time of day and relation to meals to avoid large fluctuations in blood levels, which may alter its effects. In addition, absorption of levothyroxine may be decreased by foods such as soybean flour, cotton seed meal, walnuts, dietary fiber, calcium, and calcium fortified juices. These foods should be avoided within several hours of dosing if possible. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor. When levothyroxine is given during continuous enteral nutrition (tube feedings) for more than 7 days, the tube feeding should be interrupted for at least one hour before and one hour after the dose of levothyroxine. You may need more frequent blood tests to monitor levothyroxine levels.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.