Proctofoam HC Dosage
Generic name: PRAMOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE 100mg in 10g, HYDROCORTISONE ACETATE 100mg in 10g
Dosage form: aerosol, foam
Medically reviewed on August 7, 2017.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION: Apply to affected area 3 to 4 times daily. Use the applicator supplied for anal administration. For perianal use, transfer a small quantity to a tissue and rub in gently.
Directions for Use.
1. Place cap on top of container. Shake foam container vigorously for 5 — 10 seconds before each use. Do not remove container cap during use of the product.
2. Hold container upright on a level surface and gently place the tip of the applicator onto the nose of the container cap. CONTAINER MUST BE HELD UPRIGHT TO OBTAIN PROPER FLOW OF MEDICATION.
3. Pull plunger past the fill line on the applicator barrel.
4. Hold the container and applicator at eye level. Place the index and middle fingers on the container cap flanges and the thumb beneath the container. Support the applicator with your other hand. Prime the container by pressing down firmly on flanges and then release. With initial priming, a burst of air may come out of the container. It usually requires 1 — 2 pumps for foam to appear.
5. To fill applicator barrel, press down firmly on cap flanges, hold for 1 — 2 seconds, and release. Wait 5 — 10 seconds to allow foam to expand in applicator barrel. Repeat until foam reaches fill line. It usually requires 3 — 4 pumps for foam to reach fill line. Remove applicator from container cap. Note: If foam goes beyond fill line, it will continue to expand and flow backwards resulting in foam build-up under cap.
6. Hold applicator firmly by barrel, making sure thumb and middle finger are positioned securely underneath and resting against barrel wings. Place index finger over the plunger. Gently insert tip into anus. Once in place, push plunger to expel foam, then withdraw applicator. CAUTION: Do not insert any part of the aerosol container directly into the anus. Apply to anus only with enclosed applicator. Do not insert any part of the applicator past the anus into rectum.
7. After each use, applicator parts should be pulled apart for thorough cleaning with warm water. Since some foam will appear under the cap, the cap and underlying tip should be pulled apart and rinsed to help prevent build-up of foam and possible blockage.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Proctofoam HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine topical)
- Proctofoam HC Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 3 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: anorectal preparations