User Reviews for Proctofoam HC

Proctofoam HC has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 71% of those users who reviewed Proctofoam HC reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Hemorrhoids
7.3
Summary of Proctofoam HC reviews 7.3 7 reviews

Gigetto · Taken for 10 years or more October 2, 2020

For Hemorrhoids: “I respond the best to Proctofoam and have tried a few other products; I hate to use Proctofoam at almost $50 a squirt; Some genius shortened the tip of the applicator where it is more suited for anal use. Yes I know about ring of vein around the anus BUT when they are swollen inflamed engorged..the new and not improved syringe is worthless. I have 1 for use in the US and the other when I go to a foreign country and keep it there. It stops the bleeding and anemia. I have had them injected, rubber banded over the years. I decided to 'bite the bullet' and have them excised about 5 years ago and a colon and rectal surgeon told me to get lost because of several medical problems... Proctofoam save my butt again a few day ago.”

Rick · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2019

For Hemorrhoids: “Used the product. Did not foam as I assume the can was defective. Used what oozed out and applied it on top of the Hemorrhoid ( which at 63 was the 1st time this has happened to me ) and found no relief at all. !! I’m taking it back to CVS for a refund in the morning! 55 dollar copay with good insurance is just plain and simply ridiculous even if it had worked properly!! As I soak in the tub I wonder how anyone could tolerate this type of discomfort for more than a day! I’m totally dissatisfied that a product that costs this much could be so cheaply produced or designed! Shame On The Manufactures!”

Johnny M · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 6, 2019

For Hemorrhoids: “Have used for past 3 years with good results. Use twice daily so one 10 g tube last about 15-18 days. Use when my colitis flares which happens 3 or 4 times a year.”

relieved in NC June 24, 2011

For Hemorrhoids: “After two months of suffering and trying over-the-counter ointments and creams, suppositories, witch hazel pads, doing sitz-baths and tub soaking, my condition was only getting worse, not to mention, the ointments and creams were setting me on fire. I finally sought medical attention at my doctor's office. After only two doses, I was able to finally sleep without being awakened with irritating symptoms. I will never be without it. I have been using it 2 - 3 times a day for the past 5 days. However, I have an appointment to have a colonoscopy to make sure that there are no other internal issues that need to be addressed due to the severity of my condition.”

kmavaz August 29, 2010

For Hemorrhoids: “I have used this product sporadically for the past 8 years and have always achieved outstanding results. Upon application there is a slight burning sensation but then immediate relief from the burning and itching sensations. The foam can be somewhat messy and fill the syringe SLOWLY with small bursts until it expands to the fill line. I have overflowed the syringe when first starting to use this product when not experienced with regulating the "bursts". I use this in conjunction with Hydrocortisone Cream 2.5% and my condition decreases within 3 days on average. Although we have had a very humid, hot summer and dietary changes has caused an extreme outbreak this year and it is taking longer than usual to cure.”

Anonymous August 1, 2019

For Hemorrhoids: “Works, but horribly overpriced, and in an absurdly-designed, useless, dispenser. Customer service at MEDA Pharma. was terrible.”

Anonymous September 13, 2011

For Hemorrhoids: “Pretty quick pain release, combined with high doses of Ibuprofen is quickly effective .”

stoneyb February 1, 2013

“This works great. I had bleeding with constipation and this stopped it and only have to use when bleeding showed up. Lasts me about a month.”