Generic name: CHORIOGONADOTROPIN ALFA 10000[USP'U] in 10mL;
Dosage form: injection
Medically reviewed on January 16, 2018.
For intramuscular use only. The dosage regimen employed in any particular case will depend upon the indication for the use, the age and weight of the patient, and the physician's preference. The following regimens have been advocated by various authorities:
- 4000 USP units 3 times weekly for 3 weeks.
- 5000 USP units every second day for 4 injections.
- 15 injections for 500 to 1000 USP units over a period of 6 weeks.
- 500 USP units 3 times weekly for 4 to 6 weeks. If this course of treatment is not successful, another series is begun 1 month later, giving 1000 USP units per injection.
- 500 to 1000 USP units 3 times a week for 3 weeks, followed by the same dose twice a week for 3 weeks.
- 4000 USP units 3 times weekly for 6 to 9 months, following which the dosage may be reduced to 2000 USP units 3 times weekly for an additional 3 months.
Induction of ovulation and pregnancy in the anovulatory, infertile woman in whom the cause of anovulation is secondary and not due to primary ovarian failure and who has been appropriately pretreated with human menotropins. (See prescribing information for menotropins for dosage and administration for that drug product.)
Directions for Reconstitution
Two-vial package: Withdraw sterile air from lyophilized vial and inject into diluent vial. Remove 1–10 mL from diluent and add to lyophilized vial; agitate gently until powder is completely dissolved in solution.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Pregnyl (chorionic gonadotropin (hcg))
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 3 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: gonadotropins