Fungizone For Tissue Culture (amphotericin b) Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with Fungizone For Tissue Culture (amphotericin b):
Ampho B (Includes Fungizone For Tissue Culture) ↔ Anemia
Moderate Potential Hazard, High plausibility
Applies to: Anemia
Intravenous amphotericin B therapy may depress erythropoietin and red blood cell production and commonly causes a normocytic, normochromic anemia. Although the anemia is well tolerated by most patients and usually reverses completely within several months of stopping therapy, it may be problematic in patients with preexisting anemia. Intravenous therapy with amphotericin B should be administered cautiously in anemic patients or those predisposed to anemia. Frequent monitoring of blood counts and hemoglobin concentrations are recommended.
- Lyman C, Walsh T "Systemically administered antifungal agents." Drugs 44 (1992): 9-35
- "Amphotericin." Med Lett Drugs Ther 30 (1988): 30-2
- Miller R, Bates J "Amphotericin B toxicity." Ann Intern Med 71 (1969): 1089-95
- Struijk D, Krediet R, Boeschoten E, Rietra JG, Arisz L "Antifungal treatment of candida peritonitis in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patients." Am J Kidney Dis 9 (1987): 66-70
- "Product Information. Fungizone (amphotericin B)." Bristol-Myers Squibb, Princeton, NJ.
- Maddux M, Barriere S "A review of complications of amphotericin B therapy: recommendations for prevention and management." Drug Intell Clin Pharm 14 (1980): 177-81
- American Medical Association, Division of Drugs and Toxicology "Drug evaluations annual 1994." Chicago, IL: American Medical Association; (1994):
Fungizone For Tissue Culture (amphotericin b) drug Interactions
There are 217 drug interactions with Fungizone For Tissue Culture (amphotericin b)
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.