User Reviews for Teriflunomide

Multiple Sclerosis
5.4

Reviews for Teriflunomide

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 19, 2021

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “Aubagio caused alopecia and severe breathing problems, shortness of breath, heavy chest, severe panic attacks, and ground glass nodule on lung. Pulmonologist tests, CAT scans, continual lung issues for years after stopping Aubagio. Very, very scary. Be aware that the side effects can be severe and listen to your gut if something seems off. Keep going in until someone listens and helps.”

ann · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 9, 2021

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “The medicine made me weak, always sick to my stomach, it effected my eyes which the drug company said they had never heard of that. Headache, skin was itchy all the time, and losing hair was not my cup of tea either. Dr took me off. This drug is not for everyone.”

Belle of the north · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 10, 2021

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I got diagnosed with MS in 2018. Haven't got and new "spots". What I now have come to recognize as attacks , is pain and hurt I've dealt with for many years. So I guess I've had MS a long time before I got diagnosed with it. I'm on Aubagio and gotten lazy, tired, angry, sad, clumsy as anything! It's like everything about my personality have gotten heightened by a 100. I used to run half marathons, lift weights, walk and run in the mountains. That's not happening now. I thought it was because of the MS, but now, after reading these reviews, I'm starting to think the Aubagio is to blame....”

RuinedbyMEDS April 19, 2016

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I wish I could rate this medication a 0 - this nearly killed me. Too bad this site only allows you so many characters because I wish I could tell you my whole story of this medicine but will have to give you the highlights - I gave it a good 4 months before going off and I only got worse everyday. New symptoms I did not have - severe depression/ suicidal thoughts, pain and tingling, blurry vision, brain fog, panic attacks, couldn't think straight, just a general "off" feeling, like I wasn't all here. I have been off 6 months and a far cry from where I was, but still even some lingering symptoms - this made me WAY WORSE THAN I EVEN WAS BEFORE I STARTED IT - DON'T GO ON THIS MED - Also, check out a documentary on meds”

Sskaggs October 28, 2013

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I've been on Aubagio for 7 months. I just had a new MRI to check progress, and MRI showed no new activity. This is the first treatment medication that I've been able to handle, after trying every single other. Love it.”

Gary · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 31, 2019

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “Found out I have MS at 64years old and Aubagio is working excellently. I take it after dinner, with lots of water. A little hair loss is my only side effect. Good luck to everyone. Stay positive! And many thanks to the people who developed Aubiago!”

Me August 8, 2018

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I was on it for two years. I wanted to stop but neuro and husband insisted I had to take something and I wasn’t willing to give myself shots. I had some side effects from the beginning. It just kept getting worse and no one could tell me anything. Hair loss that still hasn’t come back, eye problems, severe headaches, messed up periods (I had my period for three months straight and never knew when it would start again or how long it would last), spotting, brain fog, depression, never felt well. Finally convinced doctor and husband I’m better off not taking anything and I’m doing much better.”

tiredofdrugs · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2016

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I've never written a drug review before, but I finally figured out that it's the only way to find out the REAL side effects for all these new MS drugs. 47 now, but diagnosed at 21; Long before any of us had the three shots to choose from. Started there, then Tysabri, then Tecfidera, and now Aubagio. I will come back and adjust my rating in 6 months, but so far, I'm loving it. Little worried because it sounds like there are a few side effects that they didn't mention. DON'T think just because the drug company and your neuro say that's not a possible effect of the drug, it isn't. Thank you all who share your drug experiences. Without you, many of us would keep taking drugs that lower our quality of life.”

Miss Mimi · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 11, 2017

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “On Aubagio for 18 months. My rating is for oral use and no new recent lesions on MRI results only. Had MS for 12 years, I am 49. Started on Rebif 3 yrs, then Copaxone 1.5, had horrible skin irritation on both so then Tysabri for almost 8 years. LOVED Tysabri!! Unfortunately tested JC Virus + and had too many risk factors so had to go off of it. I am not a fan of Aubagio. All these symptoms are since starting Aubagio: Numbness/tingling in hands/arms, legs/feet, bladder issues, vision issues (can hardly drive at night anymore), no energy, headaches, and overall just do not feel like myself. So far no new lesions, but a host of side effects. Not sure it's worth it. Do your research!”

hachismom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 29, 2015

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “The first 6 months on Aubagio were wonderful. I noticed a change for the better in my depression, with seemingly no side effects. Then, at the 6 month mark, things started to go very wrong. I broke out in boils. I had them in my ear canal, as well as on both legs. I've never had boils in my life. Then things started to get even worse. I had bronchitis, the flu, bronchitis again, the flu again, admitted to the hospital for TIA (which turned out to be a massive MS attack), bronchitis again, cellulitis, and finally, severe nausea and dizziness. So many side effects my doctor did an elimination to remove the medication quickly from my system. the ease of taking the medication did not offset the side effects.”

Shaggy · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2018

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I was diagnosed with MS in 2008, late in life at the age of 48. I started on Copaxone and was on it until a few months ago, I only wanted to change as I was running out of injection sites. I started Aubagio 2 days ago, this is an awful drug!!!!! The side effects far outweigh the benefits and I'm only 2 days in!!! Headache, heart palpitations, numbness every where, pain every where. Scattered thoughts, a feeling of heaviness throughout my body, fatigue...it's HORRIBLE!!! I WILL not take another pill.”

Dobi · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 26, 2018

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “Diagnosed 3 years ago- now know that I've had MS for 30 years. Stopped Copaxone due to awful injection site reactions, then after playing the insurance game, started Aubagio 3 months ago. The side effects of these medications are worse than the disease!! I stopped taking it a week ago due to horrific muscle/ joint pain, daily pounding headaches, blurry vision, diarrhea, ear congestion, neuropathy in hands/feet and extreme fatigue. I'm supposed to call my Dr in 2 weeks to discuss how I feel after 3 weeks off. Seriously, these meds that are designed to help are poison! I'm going to stay off the "preventives" and continue my clean eating and aquatic exercise.”

DeeTh December 3, 2016

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “AUBAGIO was very easy to take. That was the only perk of this medication. It did not help any of my symptoms or prevent any relapses. It caused extreme bowel upset for months and I lost over 3/4 of my hair. It's side effects said hair THINNING not hair LOSS. I had extreme hair LOSS. When I called to talk to someone all they wanted to tell me were the statistics from their studies. They had zero interest in documenting the real world results and my issues. They had zero desire to help me either. Just kept telling me it would get better. If I would have stayed on the medication I would be bald. I was extremely disappointed in the help (or lack there of).”

Squirrels779 · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2017

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I started Aubagio 2 weeks ago. I've been on Copaxone (horrible site reactions days after injection), Avonex (serious gastric issues and no progress in regression), Gilenya, (horrible headaches for the time on it and also showed not to be working.), Tecfidera (found I have tested positive for JVC with high risk for PML). Which brings me to Aubagio. I take it at night with some tylenol every other day and have had NO side effects. It may be to early to tell about the thinning hair, but I do drink, 3 times a week, protein shake "muscle milk, 25mg protein and take biotin. I have felt great. Also, the damage to my hands (nerve pain and stiffness) seems to be letting up. If it still feels this good by the end of Nov will let Aubagio know”

AB · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 26, 2019

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “Love Aubagio, I've been taking it for about 14 months now and have no new activity/lesions based on MRI before starting Aubagio and one year later. Minimal side effects for me - initially some hair thinning but that sorted itself out after a couple of months. Should've started this sooner. Injecting Rebif was awful.”

pooh · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 10, 2018

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I've had MS for 18 yrs., and have been taking Aubagio for 6 months-my 1st treatment. My MS was active and I had developed multiple new lesions with relapses. The first 3 months were rough with nausea, diarrhea, sleep disturbances, fatigue and an overall 'sick, flu-like' feeling. I stuck with it because the alternative is much worse. My hair has thinned but I anticipated that side effect. I have a runny nose most of the time and still have some diarrhea. I've had 2 relapses but they were only a few days in length. I am awaiting an MRI to determine if the Aubagio is working, so fingers crossed. I want to stay on it as Copaxone is the next option. My insurance doesn't cover Aubagio but I qualified for a bridging program, so I am forever grateful. Stick with it if you can tolerate the side effects for a couple of months and your neuro. approves. Hopefully they will subside for you, as well. Good luck to everyone managing this disease.”

Hellenic1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 6, 2016

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “Having an issue with frequent Relapses every few years and the Grey Matter/Atrophy of my Brain being the Main Topic Aubagio was recommended by my MS Neuro .. I prepared for the Minor Issues however had developed Bladder Issues and was getting horrible Headaches halfway through my 3rd month .. Had to stop use and see my Neuro .. Will find out results soon but will suggest that going into this one must have an Open Mind and be very aware of their MS .. Know mine was helpful in my determining I was having a "Flare" .. Along with the additional Issues .. The Nurse Program that is there to "Support" us is NOT HELPFUL at all .. They cannot answer any questions .. They however REFER you to the "Clinicians" who again do not Answer questions ...”

Tango · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 25, 2020

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I was diagnosed with MS after an MRI and a lumbar puncture on 8/25/2020. My event was optic neuritis when I woke up one morning in July and could not see out of my left eye. I went to the opthamologist who then referred me to the imaging center and then to the neurologist. MRI showed only four MS lesions. Doctor put me on Aubagio. Seven milligrams for 30 days, the 14 milligrams thereafter. About the third week of the 7 milligram course I did some light yard work, as up until that time I had no symptoms of MS except for my eye, which continues. After I did the yard work I got really bad pain in my upper arms and shoulders, and my chest, like in my sternum. At first I thought it was sore muscles from the work, but then the pain continued and got worse not better. I didn't know initially whether the pain was a side effect or a symptom of MS. I forgot to take a pill one day and my pain almost completely stopped. Like magic.”

JLH42 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 17, 2016

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “42 yrs old, diagnosed @ 34. Was on Rebif(terrible for me), for about 5 yrs(3 shots/wk). Always felt like I had flue like symptoms. Constantly taking Advil, for aches and pains and chills. Tried tecfidera for about 2yrs. Worst abdominal pain and bloating ever!!(2 pills/dy). Now on Aubagio(1 pill/dy) and I couldn't be happier!! Small amount of bloating, but overall no issues. This one is working for me!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 12, 2019

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I have been on Aubagio for two years. My hair fell out for a couple of months, but completely stopped after that. This is the only medication that I’ve been on, so I have no comparison but the minor hair loss is the only side effect I’ve had. So far so good.”

Pixie5335 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 14, 2016

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I've had multiple sclerosis for almost 10 years and have been on pretty much every other MS therapy there is (Copaxone, Rebif, Tysabri, Gilenya, Tecfidera) and had horrible reactions with all these meds. Aubagio is the only medication that I don't have major side effects on. When I first started there was some nausea and flu-like symptoms but they dissipated after the first month. I haven't had any recent flairs and I used to take Nuvigil for fatigue, but have found that I don't need it since I've started Aubagio. The One-to-One nurses are friendly, but extremely unhelpful. They basically regurgitate the same verbiage that's on their website and can rarely answer my questions.”

Sue A. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 3, 2016

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I have been on aubagio for 6 mths. Easy to take especially after being on Copaxone for 5 years. No side effects except that I have been experiencing hair thinning, hair loss for the past 2 months. The amount of loss is moderate and to be honest, it is worrisome. I cant find any info about when the hair shedding will stop. I had long thick hair but just had 8 inches cut off as shorter strands are easier to deal with than longer strands. I see me neuro this week and will ask. Called the one to one nurse and it was a total waste of time. I asked about how long does the hair shedding usually last and she replied by reading to me, word for word, what is on the aubagio site about hair loss.”

Alidawn · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 3, 2016

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I've had MS for 25 years. Been on every med there is I think. Started Aubagio 7mos ago. The medication seems to be working however, the side effects have been very real. Hair loss has been more than minimal for me but has slowed down now. Feeling out of it is how I feel most days but I do have more energy. I do have headaches most days but they are tolerable with increased water intake. Incontinence seems to be worse but I just started a new med that is working there. I've had mouth sores and boils which I've never had before. My depression has gotten worse and I cry a lot it seems. Stomach upset and diarrhea have subsided but the dry skin is a pain. My brain lesion activity has stopped however, my balance, vision and endurance Are worse.”

workingitout · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2018

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “Diagnosed in May 2015. Started on Copaxone. Stayed with it for over 2 years before I couldn't take the pain from the injections any longer. Started Aubagio. I've been on it for about 6 months. For the first two months I couldn't get off the couch. I literally had zero energy. Wasn't sure if it was the disease or the meds at first. But it lasted too long to be the disease. It eased up a little bit and I started doing my thing again, but I never have felt "well" since I started taking the drug. Now 6 months in and I stopped 2 it days ago. I can't take it any more. Headaches, unrelenting fatigue, disorientation, tingling in my head and neck (like hair standing up), blurry vision, depression, stomach upset, irritability, did I say fatigue. I'm not an advocate for not taking meds for this disease even though I know they are poisoning our bodies, but if the consequence is dealing with daily misery and pain then no thanks.”

ABOUTAB July 7, 2015

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “As soon as I began taking this medicine, my vision became incredibly blurry. Nausea and other stomach issues not as bothersome, but present daily nonetheless. Neorupathic problems in legs occurring daily. Tingling, sharp pains and numbness in different areas of feet and legs come on intermittently.”

Jenny Lynne · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2017

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I've had MS since I was fifteen, I'm fifty-four now. I started taking Aubagio in June. Since then I've had frequent diarrhea, extreme swelling of my ankles and feet because of water retention, a large kidney stone (1 cm), probably not from the Aubagio, but still, an antibiotic resistant bladder infection which led to two plus week hospitalization, my toenails are falling off, leading to cellulitis, and a cold (I hadn't had a cold in three years). I truly believe that this medication will kill me if I don't stop taking it and I plan to find another MS medication.”

Nikumu · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 11, 2019

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I have been on aubagio for about 2 1/2 years. I did lose a bunch of my hair a couple months in but it stopped after the 4th month and has grown back. I feel great and I am very healthy. Take it with a grain of salt (may be a mistake or just a miracle) but I had a very bad old lesion on my brain which is now not visible at all. The doctors can’t really say why but at least for me it was well worth fighting through the first few months to be so stable.”

Day11 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 14, 2014

Aubagio (teriflunomide) for Multiple Sclerosis: “I had side effects that are difficult to explain. I felt like I was decaying inside and never felt right about a month or so after starting -- I missed a few doses one week due to not having my med and being away from home and I felt better after just two doses missed! I had an MRI 6 1/2 months in and had active lesions on my spine - brain MRI showed minimal change but in the same breath no improvement toward lesions and size. I had vision blurriness that I never experienced my eyes would go weak 2 min of focus, I was told not due to the medicine. My other meds were not as effective as they were prior to starting Aubagio and my Lyrica was tripled in dosage. My skin was dry and I depression got worse and depression was better once stopped.”