User Reviews for Terbinafine

Tinea Cruris 10.0
Summary of Terbinafine reviews 6.7 387 reviews

Reviews for Terbinafine

John Simmons · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: “So my doctor prescribed me this medicine (terbinafine) for 1 month and 2 weeks and it worked like a charm, I was surprised I had no side effect symptoms. I am decently healthy, and so when I first noticed the nail infection I thought my infection would be gone after a while but after almost 1 year of leaving it there it never disappeared. So I told my doctor about it and started ion the terbinafine and ever since my nail is almost fully grown (needing the white tip of the nail) looking very normal.”

Anonymous August 28, 2020

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I've been using Terbinafine generic Lamisil for 5 weeks so far and my toenail infection does not appear to be improving at all. It actually looks like it is worsening. This is my second time trying this treatment”

Sam · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Miracle drug. Slight stomach aches the first couple of days and feels woozy but that's with every anything new you put it. 3 months on this took it religiously with a high fat meal at the same time daily. Stopped the fungus cold, my progress pics are so satisfying. 6 months later i can wear flip flops again. Thank you science”

Jessss · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I’m not sure if I chose the right condition I had but I basically had toenail fungus that took over almost all of my toenails to the point where my big toe nails would just crumble apart and crack off like twice a year. Like really bad. I took terbinafine for 3 months and I finally just got a pedicure that removed the nail polish that would hide the hideous sight and it’s practically gone!! I’m so impressed. I was a little weary when I first started because of the side effects but I felt no side effects at all and it healed me! Thank god for modern medicine.”

Joc · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “This pill has changed my life. I’ve had toenail fungus since I was 15 or so now I’m 25. I’ve tried absolutely all OTC creams/ nail polish and gel pens I can think of. My nails were so bad they were getting black and very thick. I started terbinafine medication on March 25th and wow, my nails look amazing! If only I could post pictures. I had no side effect no weight gain or loss. This brought my confidence up on so many levels.”

Coco · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 4, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I’ve had severe nail fungus on all the nails on one foot for at least 7 years (I’m 23). I finally went to the doctor in January 2020 and got prescribed terbinafine. I’ve taken it everyday for 6 months now and the nails on my four smaller toes are completely fine now whilst the big toenail is about 80% healed. I had a few side effects (stomach ache and headache) for the first two weeks or so but after that, absolutely no side effects. Doctor predicts that the entire course will last 12 months to fully get all the infection. 100% recommend (with regular liver function tests). Also necessary to take it for long enough if your infection is particularly bad or some fungus will remain and you will relapse.”

Charlie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Reading bad reviews I was skeptical about this medicine and was scared to even start it . But I finished my cycle of Lamisil last month . What a RIDE ! First of all , it worked . Cleared up my whole nail by 4 months but let me tell you my only side effect was 3 months of nightmares EVERY NIGHT . Yes, literally . It was insane . As much as I don’t want to sound exaggerating this is true . But it’s worth it because after 2 years of having fungus I was desperate to clear it up .best advice is try not to think about side effects take it and go on .”

Me · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “My toe nails were bad, really bad, I had suffered with them and fungus for a round 7 years, they had almost all completely gone and I tried every over the counter thing available, none of them worked. I started taking these tablets 2 months ago and all my nails are growing back like they should, the fungus is growing out and my confidence has come back. Do not suffer in silence, nail fungus is awful to have, you feel so ashamed......go to the GP and get these tablets you will not regret it.”

CMR · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 2, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Three rounds. Worked short time. Half though third 90 days bones muscle hurt so bad could hardly get up and down the stairs.”

SM · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 27, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Had Fungal Toe nails all toes for almost 20 years. My husband too. Both of us took Terbinafine about 6 years ago for 3 months, nails improved about 60%, new fresh growth but still some fungus and out of shape nails new growth. after a few months we were both back to like before.......... Last year we took a new course this time for 6 months (1 per day), this time didn't help either of all much at all- maybe 20% thinner nails, but again after finished 6 months course we are both back to very bad! any other hope for us??”

C. W. April 5, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: “I've had a fungal fingernail infection for roughly 25 years. It started on my left ring finger, spread to my thumb, then every fingernail on my left hand. I've tried all topical creams, ointments, herbal remedies. Even soaked my nails in half bleach/half water solution daily. The ends of my fingers became deformed. The fingernail detached from the nail bed and fell off. First dermatologist was wrong and said it was eczema. Second dermatologist took a sample of the nail, and showed it was a fungal infection. Prescribed terbinafine (generic lamisil) pill for 4 months. Didn't think it was helping, because I couldn't see a difference until about the 10th week. Brand new normal fingernail started growing in at the cuticle. No negative side effects. It's been 2 months since stopping taking the medication; new healthier nail continues to grow. 3 nails have completely cleared up! I know this is long winded (tldr) but this stuff saved my nails and I'm not self-conscious anymore.”

Jojo · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I started taking this drug 7 days ago. Yesterday I left work feeling wiped out, anxious and irritable. Feeling way out of sorts today. I called my doctor and she says maybe try to ride it out as symptoms may go away after 10-14 days. I will check back in and let you know what the rest of my experience is.”

Rdecha · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I’ve had infected nails and athletes foot for thirty years. The nails were pretty severe. I started terbinafine in November and now in February I am almost 100 percent better. I wore open to shoes in public.... I have never done that. I took the pills until January. My liver function is fine, and no real side effects but I did listen to guidance such as not drinking alcohol, fruit consumption and the sun. I Am now eagerly awaiting sandal season for the first time ever.”

Tanna · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I am 23 I have toenail fungus on my right big toenail. It makes my nail very thick, ragged and yellow its very ugly. I really want it to go away so I can wear sandals and heels but this medication terbinafine is giving me depression, mood swings, I am very irritable and I don’t care about life anymore and hate everyone. I tried taking for 2 weeks stopped and the symptoms went away so after 3 weeks I tried to take it again and right after 2 days of taking I’m having those symptoms again!”

Steff · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 8, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I’ve been suffering with fungal nail infections since the age of 10 (I’m now 22) The infection spread to both of my feet, the nails were black and thick and horrible (on my big toe, middle toe and small body toe) after trying over all the counter creams and oils, I settled my own toe nails through filing and painting my toes to keep them hidden from my partner. It was very difficult and embarrassing to manage so when I found out about terbafine I was immediately ready to try it. No less than a month the medicine started working immediately. It took 10 months for my nails to fully grow back to normal.. I can now go to the spa and get a pedicure! However the medicine was quite big and distasteful but I had thrown a couple times but I didn’t mind since I was desperate to for my toes nails to look normal.”

Ro · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: “I am only 2 weeks in - and after being terrified by these reviews - I needed to post. First of all - based on side effect fears, I am taking a probiotic, biotin and gas-x every day. Side effects? A tiny bit gassy - but other then that - none. Results thus far? I can clearly see that the fungus is dead. Now I just need to wait for my nails to grow in to the lovely state they were before.”

Sergr · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2020

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “This is a miracle drug. I have not experienced any side effects, the only problem for me is that the results don’t last forever. This is my third round. I’ve battled toenail fungus since I was 11 (I am 44 now). Each time I take this medicine the toenails heal perfectly after about 6 months, and stay that way for a few years and then the insidious fungus returns. Apparently this does not happen to everyone. I’ve come to accept that this is just the way it is for me. Just finished my third round and already seeing the fungus receding, which is awesome.”

Niagara Don · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “This was my review on 2019-09-05 "Toenail fungus on both big toes. Left one was 3/4 yellow - right one about half. I was prescribed a 12 week course and given enough for 90 days. No side effects until about 60 days - then I quickly developed a bad metallic/salty taste that ruined the taste of everything - even water. It was so bad that I stopped taking it after 79 days. 12 weeks is 84 days so I figured a few days wouldn't make a difference. I'm now about a month after stopping and my taste has returned slowly, week by week.....still can't taste chocolate properly. As for the effectiveness - it seems to be working really well - I can see a nice pink nail pushing up as the nail grows out - but it will likely take all year to fully grow out." Update 2020-01-19 : It's been 6 months since I ended my prescription. Toenails are all grown out. Everything back to normal - nice pink nails with no thickening or brittleness. So glad everything worked out.”

Kad · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 15, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Was on terbinafine for 6 months due to fungal infection on the big toe nail for about a year. I tolerated this very well overall. First few days had some stomach issues (a bit like wind) and noticed my poo had changed to a lighter colour. However this all disappeared from 2.5/ 3 weeks on and I was completely fine after that, no symptoms at all! I had 2 liver function tests during the six months I was on terbinafine and both were fine. This has certainly improved the appearance of my nail in that it looks less dark and is growing much more like how a proper nail should be, not thin and crumbly like before. Would recommend.”

Ali · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I'm 9 days in to my 3 month treatment. Felt like I had the flu all week - headaches & nausea. On day 8 it turned into bad stomach aches and diarrhea, paired with weakness, but I'm probably a bit dehydrated now. I'm going to try and push through and hope the symptoms subside. I am so sick of having gross toenails and I have tried every natural remedy, every topical treatment and nothing has worked. Wish me luck.”

WeirdWalt · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2020

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Just about finished my 3 months on this medication. I have had toe nail fungus for 23+ years and was in the process thinking about getting my toe nails removed. My Doctor suggested trying this out first which I have. Through the whole process of lamisil I have had a little bit of an upset stomach, nothing serious though. As for its effectiveness on my fungus. I feel like the fungus had stopped "growing" my poor wife used to have to file my nails down as the fungus would grow and be quite painful. She said she's noticed a little good growth at the bed of my toenail. All in all I am very happy I went this route over removal. We will see the true results in about a years time.”

Unknown December 15, 2019

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: “I was put on this medication for 2 weeks for a skin rash, I took it for a total of 7 days, on the 6th day I suddenly became very nauseous and had to leave work. On the 7th day I got the same nausea along with shortness of breath, my heart felt like it was going crazy like I had just been on a run when I was only resting. This kept me up in the middle of the night as my chest was so uncomfortable. Also had headaches and stomach pain, lost my appetite and felt generally ill. I've been off it for 4 days and still not feeling 100%, looking forward to feeling myself again. It did start helping the rash but did a lot more harm than good”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: “It started to work. Took it for 3 months and now I’m back to square one with really painful pinky. I have had it for about 2 years now. Since 2017. I might have to start it again and take it for 6 months this time around cuz this pain is bad. I didn’t experience any side effect with this medication and I’m going for my blood work this month to make sure everything is alright with my liver!”

Me Mane · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I've had toenail fungus for years. Maybe even a decade. Always embarrassed to show my feet because who wants to see nasty thick yellow nails? I finally got over the embarrassment and went to a doctor to ask for help. They said either these pills or a nail polish that takes 1 year to work. I chose the pills. First night I took them I couldn't sleep. For about the first week I had brain fog and mood swings. My appetite was very small. One day I had a bad stomach ache and diarrhea. I looked online and saw these type of things could happen and I decided to power through it. The side effects stopped after about 10 days. It's been about 45 days now and I can't believe the results. 8 of my toes were infected. They all look much better, about 80% healed I'd say. The side effects suck but they didn't last long for me and I love being able to be barefoot without being embarrassed.”

La La Frank December 5, 2019

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Yes, Lamisil tablets works. But I’m one of the few who have experienced and am still in the midst of rapid weight loss. I was in great health when I began the three month treatment. As soon as I neared the end of the treatment I began losing weight daily to the point I could see it. It’s been five months since I ceased the medication and I’m still fighting to regain the lost weight. Has anyone else on this forum noticed significant changes in their weight? As in drastic and visible loss? Thanks. Other than that, all tests came back normal (yes Liver too). I don't drink alcohol or use drugs. No pain. It’s a side effect some would want, but to me it’s highly undesirable.”