User Reviews for Sevelamer

Also known as: Renagel, Renvela

Learn more about Sevelamer.

Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure 7 reviews 11 medications

5.8
Summary of Sevelamer reviews 7 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Sevelamer

Renvela (sevelamer) for Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure: "Works well at keeping my phosphorus down. I take two tablets with my average meals, I take three tablets if I eat an usually large meal. I also take one or two tablets with snacks. The only side affect I've experienced is constipation, I sometimes take a mild stool softener, not a big problem. All medications only work if taken as prescribed on a consistent basis. It's such a small thing to do for your health."

Robin Lee (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2016

Renagel (sevelamer) for Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure: "EXPENSIVE at over $800 for a 30 day supply. Experienced diarrhea often taking 2 out of the recommended 3 pills a day. Lowered my Uric acid from 11.5 to 10.8. Brought my phosphorus levels down very well."

EarlJJs (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2016

Renvela (sevelamer) for Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure: "I have been taking these for about a year. Seems like one month they work and the next they don't. Even though I am eating the same food and same amount of pills. I seriously wonder if some months they are just sugar pills and not the real thing. I seriously question the quality."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 8, 2016

For Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure: "My weight is stable at 165 lbs., and my appetite is excellent. I take from 4 to 8 800 mg tablets with each meal, mainly determined by the size of the meal but also factoring in a very rough estimate of the meal's phosphorus content. By doing so, I have consistently had phosphorus levels within desired range for over a year without side effects. Without this medication, of course, high phosphorus with constant itching."

kalqlate (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 16, 2015

For Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure: "Was very happy when generic sevelamer came out and it has helped keep me stable at stage 3. Now generic has been withdrawn and only renvela can be obtained but at much greater cost. I feel trapped having to take renvela or risk further kidney damage. Thanks FDA for helping manufacturer gouge me for more money!"

stage 3 and holding May 23, 2015

Renvela (sevelamer) for Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure: "Up to 4 with each meal. Center didn't believe I was taking them cause my phosphorus levels didn't go down. Better than chewable, if they worked better."

Anonymous May 12, 2015

Renvela (sevelamer) for Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure: "Started with 2 now I'm up to 4 still no results."

Anonymous November 19, 2009