User Reviews for Sassafras to treat Herbal Supplementation

Reviews for Sassafras

"I have drank sassafras tea since I was 5 every year throughout the year. I'm 24 years old now. I use the tea to cure myself whenever I get sick. It doesn't cause vomiting or hallucinations. I drink between a glass and a gallon almost every day. It's a delicious tea I've made for several people. No one I have served tea to had any side effects unless you count wanting more and arguing who gets the last glass a side effect."

Ivan (taken for 10 years or more) May 20, 2019

"My family, as well as many other families in my area, drank sassafras tea as a " spring tonic" and "blood thinner" almost every spring and early summer throughout my childhood and early adolescence. We harvested the root and boiled it and used the infusion as tea, usually sweetened with sugar and sometimes with added milk. No ill effects were ever noticed, and all members of my family have lived long lives, with no liver cancer or other problems. Of course this doesn't imply the safety of the product or mean that it may not be entirely benign. I am aware that Safrole has been implicated with toxicity and has been shown as a carcinogen in animals. I am just relating my own experiences, not advocating its use."

I live in Western Pennsylvania (taken for 10 years or more) December 9, 2017

"As children, growing up in Mississippi, often visiting Alabama; my Aunt Bell made sassafras tea from a large tree on the farm-property. We consumed this tea daily, all summer,every summer until aprox. 1966 when a fire in these woods destroyed the tree. My mother had observed this same tradition until age 36. Her age at the time of my birth,was 21 years. I was born with spina bifita. Today I suffer with hyper-active nerves, which means I can not tolerate even the lightest touch to some parts of my body, while other areas have now gone numb, and I deal with RA and RS. Now, at age 63, I live in constant pain, and my muscles have grown so weak that I can no longer do many of the everyday chores, some as simple as walking the dog."

Doodlebug Faith (taken for 10 years or more) November 24, 2016