User Reviews for Saliva substitutes

Also known as: Aquae, Aquoral, AS Saliva Orthana, Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste, Biotene Moisturizing Mouth Spray, Biotene Mouthwash, Biotene Oral Balance, Biotene PBF Dry Mouth Toothpaste, Bioxtra, Caphosol, Dry Mouth Mouthwash, Glandosane Lemon, Glandosane Peppermint, Glandosane Unflavored, Luborant, Moi-Stir, Mouth Kote, NeutraSal, Numoisyn, Oasis Moisturizing Mouth, Optimoist, Orajel Dry Mouth Moisturizing, Salinum, Salivace, SalivaMAX, Salivart, Saliveze, Salivix, SST Saliva Stimulating, Stoppers 4 Dry Mouth, Xerolube, XyliMelts …show all brand names

Mucositis
8.1

Xerostomia
7.6

Summary of Saliva substitutes reviews 7.8 26 reviews

Reviews for Saliva substitutes

XyliMelts (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "I have sjogren's and loved xylimelts as it meant I could sleep several hours without a drink. But had a side effect of diarrhea and didn't associate it with xylimelts for 4 months even after other meds changes and gastro tests. Eliminated them 3 weeks ago and no diarrhea so xylitol was the culprit. Now thinking of trying mouth kote."

sparkles June 18, 2018

NeutraSal (saliva substitutes) for Mucositis: "My Dentist prescribed for me to use after scaling and root planning. He said it would help my mouth heal faster and reduce inflammation. I used it 2x a day and I noticed my gums were not sore and my breathe was fresher. I'm happy with the product."

Aussie596 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018

XyliMelts (saliva substitutes) for Mucositis: "I was told by my dentist to use these or something like it for dry mouth. I did. They work great. Till they started eating my gums! I thought I had an abscess on on molar then the other side flared up. Both in the same place I put the melts. Seeing my dentist next week. Hope there is no permanent damage."

Dianne (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2018

Biotene Mouthwash (saliva substitutes) for Mucositis: "I started taking biotene mouthwash and spray on my own for dry mouth after radiation treatments for my prostate . However within a week I developed hoarsness and change of voice it continues. I am a vocalist. I have stopped for one day and my voice is getting less hoarse. Thank You"

J (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

Biotene Moisturizing Mouth Spray (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "Developed thrush every time I tried to use it."

Pammypooh02 (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2018

XyliMelts (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "Had sores develop at site on gums where I attached the lozenges."

Lorrai (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2018

Biotene Mouthwash (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "Really bad after taste and didn't helped me at all. I'm seeing other options now to help my with the dry mouth."

Texan1 (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2017

SalivaMAX (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "Best dry mouth product out there!"

Desert Mouth October 6, 2017

SalivaMAX (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "Great product! It does what it says it does."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2017

Salivart (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "Probably the closest to real saliva. No nasty after taste, very liquid, pressurized spray can. ONLY negative is availability. Not many stores/pharmacies carry this. Trying company web site and ebay & Amazon"

Jaack (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 1, 2017

NeutraSal (saliva substitutes) for Mucositis: "Dentist ordered it for me haven't used it enough to know if it works or not after insurance it was $60.00 but NeutraSal paid that"

Fitterette189 July 19, 2017

Aquoral (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "I only tried a sample and not very good tasting. Price is around $500 per bottle, a month's supply I guess. Also, Medicare doesn't cover it and no coupons. Not sure if it would help, but it's too expensive for me."

JamesrPQ February 20, 2017

Biotene Mouthwash (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "I have sjogrens so have a dry mouth. From the first time I tried it I was impressed with no dryness from alcohol in my mouth, no burning. This mouth wash has kept my breathe and mouth slightly moist for awhile afterward use too. I highly recommend this for dry mouth, from medications or medical conditions."

PatM. January 15, 2017

Biotene Oral Balance (saliva substitutes) for Mucositis: "I bought a bottle of Biotene spray yesterday. At first I was a little mad. It's a tiny bottle for like $6. I didn't even wait to get home; I opened it in the car. Worth. Every. Penny. I don't know what is in it but it is amazing. In 0.02 seconds my mouth went from feeling like the Sahara desert to your next door neighbor Jimmy's slip'n'slide when he put the baby oil on it. Ok, all jokes aside. Immediately your mouth feels better because its all lubed up, but whatever is in it made me start salivating myself. And it tastes good too. Downside was it made my tongue swell, gave me those painful "lie bumps", made my throat hurt, and hard to swallow. I must be allergic to something in it, but all is good over here. No regrets; would try again."

SeanBostonHFA (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2017

For Xerostomia: "I recently came across a new product that's on the market called Lubricity and I LOVE IT. It's an oral spray & so far seems to last MUCH longer than any other dry mouth spray I have ever used. I suffer from dry mouth & have for about 5 years. I ordered this product online since it's not sold in any stores near me. I came across it when doing some research online. They did offer a coupon code on the website when I bought it, seems like they have a different % off discount now but always seem to offer something. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!"

Morgan Grimm (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2016

NeutraSal (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "I actually liked this product when I was using it, but hated the inconvenience of having to mix the powder. It was hard to use away from home. My doctor gave me a lot of samples but now he said it isn't available? Not sure why. I like a new product he gave me a sample of called Lubricity (it's an oral spray) and I love the convenience of it. It also seems to last considerably longer than NeutraSal and most of the other products I've tried. Unfortunately it's not in any stores by me yet"

MDD102016 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 21, 2016

Biotene Moisturizing Mouth Spray (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "Biotene went down my throat and fused my epiglottis shut so that I could not breathe. Finally freed it and developed pneumonia and spent three days in hospital. I was told it had wax in it. Very dangerous. Deadly"

Alyssamae dog August 7, 2016

Aquoral (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "It has the most disgusting taste it made me sick. Retail price over $900.00 and I threw it away."

Sammy 529 January 12, 2016

Glandosane Peppermint (saliva substitutes) for Mucositis: "Has greatly improved my condition. Before use I could not get a sentence out without my mouth drying up completely. I would constantly have to remove strings from my mouth. It was enormously embarrassing and I would avoid conversations with people I didn't know. It's still not perfect as I have to spray if I'm in a conversation but at least I can now have one!!!"

Deedee1961 November 11, 2015

Mouth Kote (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "I take Vesicare for an overactive bladder. It helps a lot, but the side effect is extreme dry mouth!! I tried Bioteen and didn't like the taste. I then tried TheraBreath lozengers which seemed to help, but I didn't like waking up in the night and needing to suck on a strong mint flavored lozenger. When I tried Mouthkote spray I had instant relief and it left no real bad taste in my mouth. The bottle is next to me at night, so when I wake up with a Sahara desert in my mouth, I simply spray a couple times into my mouth, swish it around for 10 seconds, and fall right back to sleep."

Kissiefursmom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 7, 2013

NeutraSal (saliva substitutes) for Mucositis: "I had horrible mucositis during my first round of chemo. I was hospitalized for 30 days. Neutrasal mouth rinse has kept me from ever getting a big outbreak of those awful sores again. Neutrasal has been a "miracle" product for me."

TXTeacher (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 27, 2013

Mouth Kote (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "Have dry and painful mouth of unknown cause. I have tried Biotene mouth wash, the rubbery losenges and several other treatments, but finally found Mouth Kote. Clearly the best for me. Lime (but not sweet) tasting. Causes you to make saliva when spraying in. I seem to be able to use it as often as I like. Really helps."

ReleifSeeker (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2013

NeutraSal (saliva substitutes) for Xerostomia: "I was prescribed NeutraSal by my Rheumatologist. I am able to get through the day without having a dry mouth which made it hard for me to enjoy eating."

Anonymous July 27, 2012

NeutraSal (saliva substitutes) for Mucositis: "Great product. Company paid the co-pay too. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2012

NeutraSal (saliva substitutes) for Mucositis: "Great product. Stopped my mouth sores. Still take it!"

Anonymous November 28, 2011