User Reviews for Saliva substitutes topical to treat Mucositis

Also known as: Biotene Mouthwash, NeutraSal, Caphosol, Biotene Moisturizing Mouth Spray, SalivaMAX, Moi-Stir, Aquoral, Oasis Moisturizing Mouth, XyliMelts, Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste, Biotene PBF Dry Mouth Toothpaste, Biotene Oral Balance, Dry Mouth Mouthwash, Orajel Dry Mouth Moisturizing, Aquae, Stoppers 4 Dry Mouth, Mouth Kote, Glandosane Unflavored, Optimoist, Glandosane Peppermint, Glandosane Lemon AS Saliva Orthana Bioxtra Numoisyn …show all brand names

Saliva substitutes topical has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Mucositis. 80% of those users who reviewed Saliva substitutes topical reported a positive effect, while 10% reported a negative effect.

Saliva substitutes topical Rating Summary

8.5/10 average rating

Compare all 23 medications used in the treatment of Mucositis.

Dave h · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

XyliMelts (saliva substitutes): “I have thick saliva from cancer treatments. Started on XyliMelts This stopped the thick saliva in first hour. So thankful I tried it.”

UrFamilyMember · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2019

Caphosol (saliva substitutes): “Magic mouthwash. This was the only thing that worked, cured my 4 month long mucousitus in a week!”

Aussie596 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 17, 2018

NeutraSal (saliva substitutes): “My Dentist prescribed for me to use after scaling and root planning. He said it would help my mouth heal faster and reduce inflammation. I used it 2x a day and I noticed my gums were not sore and my breathe was fresher. I'm happy with the product.”

Dianne · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2018

XyliMelts (saliva substitutes): “I was told by my dentist to use these or something like it for dry mouth. I did. They work great. Till they started eating my gums! I thought I had an abscess on on molar then the other side flared up. Both in the same place I put the melts. Seeing my dentist next week. Hope there is no permanent damage.”

TXTeacher · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 27, 2013

NeutraSal (saliva substitutes): “I had horrible mucositis during my first round of chemo. I was hospitalized for 30 days. Neutrasal mouth rinse has kept me from ever getting a big outbreak of those awful sores again. Neutrasal has been a "miracle" product for me.”

SeanBostonHFA · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2017

Biotene Oral Balance (saliva substitutes): “I bought a bottle of Biotene spray yesterday. At first I was a little mad. It's a tiny bottle for like $6. I didn't even wait to get home; I opened it in the car. Worth. Every. Penny. I don't know what is in it but it is amazing. In 0.02 seconds my mouth went from feeling like the Sahara desert to your next door neighbor Jimmy's slip'n'slide when he put the baby oil on it. Ok, all jokes aside. Immediately your mouth feels better because its all lubed up, but whatever is in it made me start salivating myself. And it tastes good too. Downside was it made my tongue swell, gave me those painful "lie bumps", made my throat hurt, and hard to swallow. I must be allergic to something in it, but all is good over here. No regrets; would try again.”

J · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2018

Biotene Mouthwash (saliva substitutes): “I started taking biotene mouthwash and spray on my own for dry mouth after radiation treatments for my prostate . However within a week I developed hoarsness and change of voice it continues. I am a vocalist. I have stopped for one day and my voice is getting less hoarse. Thank You”

Deedee1961 November 11, 2015

Glandosane Peppermint (saliva substitutes): “Has greatly improved my condition. Before use I could not get a sentence out without my mouth drying up completely. I would constantly have to remove strings from my mouth. It was enormously embarrassing and I would avoid conversations with people I didn't know. It's still not perfect as I have to spray if I'm in a conversation but at least I can now have one!!!”

Anonymous November 28, 2011

NeutraSal (saliva substitutes): “Great product. Stopped my mouth sores. Still take it!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2012

NeutraSal (saliva substitutes): “Great product. Company paid the co-pay too. ”

Fitterette189 July 19, 2017

NeutraSal (saliva substitutes): “Dentist ordered it for me haven't used it enough to know if it works or not after insurance it was $60.00 but NeutraSal paid that”