User Reviews for XyliMelts

Mucositis
5.5

Reviews for XyliMelts

Cotton Mouth from Denver · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2021

For Xerostomia: “Recommended by dentist. After four days had hive like bumps inside my cheek. The tablets were inserted correctly, and adhered to the side of my gums. Sadly, this is not the answer for me.”

Ann · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 7, 2020

For Xerostomia: “XyliMelts was recommended by my dentist’s office for dry mouth caused by meds that I am on. Used nightly as instructed for 1 year. Decayed front tooth in my bridge & 3 teeth in my lower jaw. Having to get dental implants & already got 3 crowns in lower jaw. Cost approximately $7k. Wish I never heard of Xylimelts.”

kay · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 25, 2020

For Xerostomia: “There it was in black and white print, adverse side effects allergic reaction of HIVES which I have all over my chest. And I took way too many. They are in the garbage now.”

Phomp · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2018

For Xerostomia: “I started using Xyligel (my dentist gave me a sample) it works wonderfully. After using it for 4 days my gums and teeth hurt.. Last night I had to get up and brush my teeth and use a mouth wash because my gums hurt so much, I was getting scared. If I bite down on anything my teeth hurt. I am so disappointed that I can't use XyliGel anymore, it worked so well for me. Something is very wrong. I've been reading reviews on this product and a great many people are experiencing the same thing.”

grandmacln · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2019

For Xerostomia: “I have dry mouth due to Sicca syndrome and at first I thought it was wonderful in relieving dry mouth at night. Gradually over several months, I had gastric issues and sensitive teeth. Also had to have 2 root canals in previously good teeth (related?). When it got really uncomfortable, I visited my doctor due to black gassy stools several times a day, terrible gas, pressure and rumbling in the stomach. Then re-flux started. Stool test and blood test were normal so Dr. made appt. with gastroenterologist (not seen yet). I found a reference to gastric side affect from Xylitol. I stopped using the xylimelts and symptoms went away.”

Dianne · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2018

For Mucositis: “I was told by my dentist to use these or something like it for dry mouth. I did. They work great. Till they started eating my gums! I thought I had an abscess on on molar then the other side flared up. Both in the same place I put the melts. Seeing my dentist next week. Hope there is no permanent damage.”

TDawg · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2019

For Xerostomia: “I've been using Xyimelts Tablets for about one month since I starting using the CPAP for sleep apnea to help dry mouth caused by the CPAP. So far I have had only positive results. I wake up in the AM after a nights rest and the tablet has dissolved. I may have to move my tongue around to completely spread the tablet but the overall effect is positive.”

sparkles June 18, 2018

For Xerostomia: “I have sjogren's and loved xylimelts as it meant I could sleep several hours without a drink. But had a side effect of diarrhea and didn't associate it with xylimelts for 4 months even after other meds changes and gastro tests. Eliminated them 3 weeks ago and no diarrhea so xylitol was the culprit. Now thinking of trying mouth kote.”

JL · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 21, 2020

For Xerostomia: “Have used xyliMelts for years for dry mouth at night. Definitely helps with sleep. Sometimes the area of the gum where I put the xyliMelts is a little sensitive, but worth it for the sleep. Have tried other products, but these are the best. I am 80 and developed this dry mouth at night about five years ago. No real cause determined. Discovered this product by trial and error. Dentists need to be informed. I told my dentist and she now recommends this product.”

CPM · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 28, 2020

For Xerostomia: “Been taking Xylimelts at night ( 1) for dry mouth due to breathing thru my mouth while sleeping. I'm 66 and I have OSA. During dry winter months while sleeping I would wake up with a terribly parched mouth several times a night. This really helps !! Side effect - seems to act like a mild laxative....”

Jack · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 31, 2020

For Xerostomia: “I use Xylimelts for dry mouth at night. I also have a CPAP machine. Recently I developed a very large sore where one of the two Xylimelts was used. I stopped using it and it went away.”

Lorrai · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2018

For Xerostomia: “Had sores develop at site on gums where I attached the lozenges.”

I like it · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2019

For Xerostomia: “I use a BiPAB (Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure) for sleep apnea, and was getting dry mouth when I use it, the XyliMelts works well with no apparent side effects.”

Dave h · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

For Mucositis: “I have thick saliva from cancer treatments. Started on XyliMelts This stopped the thick saliva in first hour. So thankful I tried it.”

More about XyliMelts (saliva substitutes topical)

Other brands