User Reviews for XyliMelts to treat Xerostomia

XyliMelts has an average rating of 4.5 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Xerostomia. 27% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 55% reported a negative effect.

XyliMelts Rating Summary

4.5/10 average rating

Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Xerostomia.

Reviews for XyliMelts

Phomp · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2018

“I started using Xyligel (my dentist gave me a sample) it works wonderfully. After using it for 4 days my gums and teeth hurt.. Last night I had to get up and brush my teeth and use a mouth wash because my gums hurt so much, I was getting scared. If I bite down on anything my teeth hurt. I am so disappointed that I can't use XyliGel anymore, it worked so well for me. Something is very wrong. I've been reading reviews on this product and a great many people are experiencing the same thing.”

grandmacln · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2019

“I have dry mouth due to Sicca syndrome and at first I thought it was wonderful in relieving dry mouth at night. Gradually over several months, I had gastric issues and sensitive teeth. Also had to have 2 root canals in previously good teeth (related?). When it got really uncomfortable, I visited my doctor due to black gassy stools several times a day, terrible gas, pressure and rumbling in the stomach. Then re-flux started. Stool test and blood test were normal so Dr. made appt. with gastroenterologist (not seen yet). I found a reference to gastric side affect from Xylitol. I stopped using the xylimelts and symptoms went away.”

TDawg · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2019

“I've been using Xyimelts Tablets for about one month since I starting using the CPAP for sleep apnea to help dry mouth caused by the CPAP. So far I have had only positive results. I wake up in the AM after a nights rest and the tablet has dissolved. I may have to move my tongue around to completely spread the tablet but the overall effect is positive.”

JL · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 21, 2020

“Have used xyliMelts for years for dry mouth at night. Definitely helps with sleep. Sometimes the area of the gum where I put the xyliMelts is a little sensitive, but worth it for the sleep. Have tried other products, but these are the best. I am 80 and developed this dry mouth at night about five years ago. No real cause determined. Discovered this product by trial and error. Dentists need to be informed. I told my dentist and she now recommends this product.”

sparkles June 18, 2018

“I have sjogren's and loved xylimelts as it meant I could sleep several hours without a drink. But had a side effect of diarrhea and didn't associate it with xylimelts for 4 months even after other meds changes and gastro tests. Eliminated them 3 weeks ago and no diarrhea so xylitol was the culprit. Now thinking of trying mouth kote.”

CPM · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 28, 2020

“Been taking Xylimelts at night ( 1) for dry mouth due to breathing thru my mouth while sleeping. I'm 66 and I have OSA. During dry winter months while sleeping I would wake up with a terribly parched mouth several times a night. This really helps !! Side effect - seems to act like a mild laxative....”

Ann · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 7, 2020

“XyliMelts was recommended by my dentist’s office for dry mouth caused by meds that I am on. Used nightly as instructed for 1 year. Decayed front tooth in my bridge & 3 teeth in my lower jaw. Having to get dental implants & already got 3 crowns in lower jaw. Cost approximately $7k. Wish I never heard of Xylimelts.”

Allie July 12, 2021

“I’ve been using Xilomelts for several months and they were great at first . It seems I have developed an allergy to them . My mouth became so irritated that it was hard to eat anything. Corners of my mouth were a mess too. I didn’t realize that it was the xilimelts Thats was causing it until I stopped using them to experiment and see. Sure enough, the irritation stopped slowly . I won’t use them again . I’m so sad because they let me get a little sleep at night .”

Becks · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2021

“I got a Cpap machine and my mouth has been cotton dry at night. Miserable. After around 6 months I got the first cavity I’ve had since I was 12 years old (I’m over 50). Since dry mouth causes cavities, I decided to try Xylimelts and WOW! I figured they would probably help some, hoping at least to make my mouth more comfortable at night, but I didn’t realize they could stimulate such saliva flow. I even drooled on my pillow. All I need is one a night. It sticks just right and is gone when I wake up. This is a fantastic product.”

Jack · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 31, 2020

“I use Xylimelts for dry mouth at night. I also have a CPAP machine. Recently I developed a very large sore where one of the two Xylimelts was used. I stopped using it and it went away.”

Lorrai · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2018

“Had sores develop at site on gums where I attached the lozenges.”

Cotton Mouth from Denver · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2021

“Recommended by dentist. After four days had hive like bumps inside my cheek. The tablets were inserted correctly, and adhered to the side of my gums. Sadly, this is not the answer for me.”

I like it · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2019

“I use a BiPAB (Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure) for sleep apnea, and was getting dry mouth when I use it, the XyliMelts works well with no apparent side effects.”

kay · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 25, 2020

“There it was in black and white print, adverse side effects allergic reaction of HIVES which I have all over my chest. And I took way too many. They are in the garbage now.”

Learn more about Xerostomia