User Reviews for Jakafi to treat Myelofibrosis

zfatherhen · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 20, 2017

“I have post essential thrombocythemia myelofibrosis. Jakafi has my platelet count and white cell count normal again. However, it caused my red cell count to go way too low and so am on Procrit shots to avoid transfusions. I am very fatigued after the slightest physical activity. I gained about 10 pounds and get pimples from it. Jakafi instantly got rid of my joint aches and pains.”

T-Mac · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 6, 2021

“I am on Jakafi and all was going well until my Doc decided to prescribe 5 mg tablets. Well the price jumped exponentially to well over double for the same 15 days and same mg dose This he thought was needed for small adjustments. I was shocked to see my benefits eaten up almost instantly for one month of medication. I am furious and this medicine does not offer that kind of money relief. I am looking into transplant and warning others ..NEVER GET THE 5 mg Tablets!! over 34, 000 for one month prescription. No wonder my insurance is over 1,000 per month just for me..SMH”

Slimpaul · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 19, 2021

“Been on Jakafi for over a year. Twice a day varied from 5 to 20 Mg Frankly it has done little or none for me.”

Learn more about Myelofibrosis