User Reviews for Jakafi

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Jakafi.

Polycythemia Vera

Myelofibrosis
4.5

1 review 1 medications
Summary of Jakafi reviews 5.8 5 reviews

Reviews for Jakafi

For Polycythemia Vera "I was diagnosed with polycythmia vera in 2007. Itching, terrible itching, has been my main complaint and hydroxyurea didn't help. I was taking Atarax four+ times a day plus getting light therapy 2-3 times a week. With Jakafi, I take Atarax 1-4 x day, and don't need light therapy. However, when it's really warm or allergens are in the air, I take Emend off-label. Side effects of Jakafi: more susceptible to infection, possibly anemia, possibly higher erythropoietin levels."

emma goldman October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Polycythemia Vera "Been taking Jakafi for 9 months .... 10mg 2x daily. Just now counts slightly increasing so my Dr is adding another 5mg daily to my dose. This med has improved my life significantly .... my over functioning has improved 100% but still with some issues. It's scary to change medications, I hope my comment will give others courage and hope ... if their Dr thinks it's worth giving it a try."

Rob15 August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Myelofibrosis "I have post essential thrombocythemia myelofibrosis. Jakafi has my platelet count and white cell count normal again. However, it caused my red cell count to go way too low and so am on Procrit shots to avoid transfusions. I am very fatigued after the slightest physical activity. I gained about 10 pounds and get pimples from it. Jakafi instantly got rid of my joint aches and pains."

zfatherhen (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Polycythemia Vera "I have been on Jakafi now for 7 months. I have had major weight gain (25lbs) and migraine headaches every day. Before I started my counts were over a million and they are only down to 800,000. So for me this isn't working. The side effects and losing days to headaches are not worth taking it."

autobodyladybenz January 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Polycythemia Vera "This is the third Rx I've had over 10 years to treat polycythemia rubes very. Started for drug trial for 87 weeks. Now on an Rx. I've had 0 Phlebotomy since on Jakafi. Itching is nearly nonexistent. I can sleep well. Mood has improved. Generally, Jakafi has given me a life back!"

phyrchief (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2015