User Reviews for Riboflavin to treat Migraine Prevention

Also known as: Vitamin B2, B2-400

Riboflavin has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Migraine Prevention. 55% of those users who reviewed Riboflavin reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Riboflavin Rating Summary

6.3/10 average rating

Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of Migraine Prevention.

Chris · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 9, 2021

“Unfortunately, 400mg per day has had no impact on my migraine severity or frequency. It hasn't worked for me but there also haven't been any troubling side effects, which makes it better than most of the prescriptions I've tried.”

Rosa · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2019

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): “I've been taking 400mg of vitamine b12 per day. It helps my migrainous vertigo but it's not perfect by all means. My doctor said it works for some but not everyone. Either this or beta blockers”

LA · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2019

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): “I started taking B2 when it was recommended by my neurologist (400mg) per day. Being cautious I’ve only been taking 200mg per day. My Lord I haven’t had a migraine in one month so I dare not stop. This is amazing so far because I was getting severe migraines 3 out of every 7 days approximately. I haven’t had to call in sick yet since the beginning of September. Crossing fingers!”

Headache · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 23, 2019

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): “I started taking Vitamin B2 400 mg daily 8 months ago and it's worked like magic for migraine prevention. I was having 3-4 migraines a week, moderate to severe, but since I started on vitamin B2 I've had 2 migraines and no side effects that I've noticed (other than bright yellow pee).”

Anonymous December 10, 2011

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): “I take 400 mg daily. I was having daily migraines with severe migraines each month, prior. I noticed a difference in the first week but after about 4 weeks I was having only 1-2 migraines per week and now after 3 months I'm having only 1-2 per month. This has been a miracle for me. I'm off all other medicines. I only take Excedrin now 1-2 times per month. I got my life back.”

DinaSJ March 6, 2017

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): “Made me EXTREMELY agitated, anxious, wired, restless, can't sit still, cannot focus, get very distracted, bouncing off the walls, I can’t deal with it. Terrible diarrhea. Gave up after 6 weeks of 400mg/day- had no effect on headaches at all.”

Mary contrary · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 25, 2019

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): “I have been taking 400mg per day for a long time now. I daren't stop taking it in case migraine got worse. It hasn't improved the migraine. Have been complaining to GP and neurologist about diarrhoea but neither of them connected possibility of B2. I'm going to stop it and see if diarrhoea improves.”

shewhatoo · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 22, 2018

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): “I am taking 400 mg per day. It took me about 3-4 months to notice a different's in how many migraines I was having, but what a different's it made. I was having almost daily migraines and now I have 3-4 a month, and for a daily migraine sufferer that makes a big different's. I take it with or with out food and have no bad side effects.”

migraineboy · Taken for 10 years or more September 2, 2019

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): “I have been taking 400 mg a day for 11 years. It reduces the visual auras, but as far as I can tell does nothing to reduce the number of actual headaches.”

tlrome · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 27, 2012

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): “Easy to take, inexpensive, and no side effects. Has a moderately positive impact by lessening frequency (2-5 fewer attacks) and severity (average intensity brought down from 7 to 5).”

Anonymous August 24, 2011

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): “I take 400 mg a day and it helps.”