User Reviews for Oxaliplatin

Also known as: Eloxatin

Learn more about Oxaliplatin.

Colorectal Cancer 3 reviews 15 medications

Summary of Oxaliplatin reviews 3 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Oxaliplatin

For Colorectal Cancer: "I had stage 2 colon cancer with golf ball cancer & micro-invasion of colon wall. Lymph nodes negative. Given 5-FU and Oxaliplatin. Told entire time creatinine and bilirubin good - looking back now 2.5 yrs later I have stage 3 kidney disease. No one ever mentioned GFR. If no one says anything about it to you, make sure you ask. I have yet to determine if my GFR was low prior to chemo, or what decision I would have made about Oxaliplatin but I should have been informed. When asked physician I was always told - it is all good. Had neuropathy too but that's ok.,. I am still cancer free and Praise God."

Vidalia girl January 19, 2015

For Colorectal Cancer: "After four years, severe and chronic peripheral neuropathy persists, particularly in the feet and would seem permanent. I was completely unaware before and when having treatment that this condition could happen post ceasing course of treatment. Unfortunately some days walking becomes extremely painful and is a huge struggle. "

Possum Pie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2014

For Colorectal Cancer: "This is an extremely potent medication when used in combination with 5-Fluorouracil. My mum had a stage IV colorectal cancer which has metastasised into the soft tissue of the lower abdomen causing an ugly skin lesions on the abdomen. After just three cycles of Oxiplatin and 5-FU the lesion completely healed and mum had a substantial reduction in the tumour size and progression rate. The problem with the treatment is the severe side effects mainly reduced white blood count."

omaralim July 21, 2008