User Reviews for Olaparib

Also known as: Lynparza

Olaparib has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings on Drugs.com. 75% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 25% reported a negative experience.

Ovarian Cancer
7.3
Breast Cancer, Metastatic
9.3
Pancreatic Cancer
Summary of Olaparib reviews 7.3 13 reviews

Reviews for Olaparib

Johanna · October 8, 2020

Lynparza (olaparib) for Ovarian Cancer: “I have been on Lynparza for four months now. My blood tests are very good still and I have hardly any side effects. I am thankful this opportunity was offered to me. All being well I have to use it for 2 years. (from the Netherlands)”

Kady · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 28, 2021

Lynparza (olaparib) for Ovarian Cancer: “My diagnosis was Primary peritoneal cancer. I had 4 chemo treatments with excellent results followed by removal of uterus and omentum and 3 more chemo rounds. Started Lynparza about a month after last chemo and now at 20 months. 4 months to go. Slightly low blood counts, slight nausea. Fatigue has been sometimes debilitating, but worth it for good CA-125 and clean scans. Looking forward to going off it.”

Healthy Mom · March 5, 2022

Lynparza (olaparib) for Ovarian Cancer: “In 2018, I was diagnosed with advanced stage (3C) ovarian cancer. After a lengthy surgery and 6 rounds of chemotherapy my numbers looked good and it appeared that my treatment was successful. I was started on Lymparza a month after chemo. I couldn’t tolerate the initial recommended dose, so I worked with my physician to get the dose down to what my body could tolerate while still being effective. Even though the drug made me feel fatigued and achey, I pushed to stay on it for another year - past the 2 years that is recommended. I had my first CT scan today, the first since I was originally diagnosed. The scan showed no evidence of ANY disease. My CA 125 was the lowest it’s ever been (8) since the start of all this. This is not thought to be a “curable” disease, but what if the fantastic surgeon, aggressive chemo and the use of this remarkable new Parp inhibitor “worked?” It’s been 4 years with no reoccurrence. I’m so, so grateful for having been given Lymparza.”

Zezzie · Taken for 1 to 2 years · June 23, 2020

Lynparza (olaparib) for Ovarian Cancer: “After 2nd chemo round, started Lynparza 1 year ago. Side effects (fatigue, weight loss and poor appetite) abated within 4 months. My remaining little tumor has been shrinking every time I have a scan. Now able to live very good quality of life and forget I have cancer.”

Mary · Taken for 1 to 2 years · July 6, 2019

Lynparza (olaparib) for Ovarian Cancer: “First diagnose in 2009. Surgery and quimios. More than 1 year taking Lynparsa. I have four spots in the abdomen that are getting very small. I have no side effects. Lynparza maintains the quality of life. I just wish it was in less pills. 8 in the morning and 8 in the evening.”

Horse Crazy · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 3, 2021

Lynparza (olaparib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I’ve been taking Lynparza for nearly two years. I have some side effects, including diarrhea, vomiting and fatigue, all of which are manageable. My tumors shrank quickly after starting and I’ve had no further disease progression. I consider Lynparza a wonder drug!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 21, 2021

Lynparza (olaparib) for Ovarian Cancer: “I have been taking Lynparza for 3 months, my numbers are good and the only side effect I have is fatigue and sometimes shortness of breath. I meditate and I make sure I prioritize my health. I am so grateful for this medication and I pray they find a cure for this awful disease.”

Ricky · Taken for less than 1 month · September 30, 2019

Lynparza (olaparib) for Ovarian Cancer: “Just received this medication. I've taken only 2 doses and have had a reaction; seeing doctor to determine whether I can even take in the future. I had bright red skin and swollen face. Has to be a better way.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 11, 2022

Lynparza (olaparib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I am currently on Lynparza for 7 weeks. My dr monitors my bloodwork every two weeks. My dosage was just doubled after 6 weeks. I seem to have few side effects. Once I managed the side effects I was able to live normally. I can post update in 6 weeks.”

Lel · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · August 7, 2021

Lynparza (olaparib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I had TNBC with BRCA1 mutation and had complete pathologic response after chemo and mastectomy. Four years later I was diagnosed with a recurrence in my supraclavucal lymph node and multiple nodules in lungs. I was on Lynparza alone for 10 months until it recently stopped working. I had very few side effects that subsided within a few weeks and from that moment on I didn't feel I had cancer or had any side effects. I was able to do everything and lead a very active life style. Unfortunately, Olaparib no longer works and I'm starting something else. I wish I could be on Lynparza forever. Best quality of life ever.”

Taso · Taken for less than 1 month · January 4, 2020

Lynparza (olaparib) for Pancreatic Cancer: “Pancreatic stage 4 in lungs and some in lymph nodes behind abdomen. Was doing respectively well with Onyvide until I started taking Lynparza. Have weakened tremendously. Loss of appetite and weight, joint issues, necrosis...weak. I used to go to work over a year after my diagnosis, but after a month of 1 pill every other day, I'm almost bedridden. How can I reverse the effects? Is it possible?”

Jenny from Qld · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · September 24, 2021

For Ovarian Cancer: “I was diagnosed with peritoneal cancer 15 months ago but no primary site was found. After 9 weekly chemo infusion (9 paclitaxel and 3 carboplatin); key hole surgery to remove cervix, Fallopian tubes, ovaries, uterus, some omentum and peritoneal wall and what was left of 14 tumors; another 9 weeks of chemo, I started on Olaprib. At present have been on the drug for 8 months. At 6 month check my bloods were still very good and CA125 down at 20 (was up to 319). Now at 3 monthly checks instead of monthly. In another month I will have another PET scan. I have not suffered greatly with dude effects. My bowels have settled into a pattern - a few days of diarrhoea and a few of constipation. I keep physically active with a 15-20k bike ride of a morning and 6-10k walk of an afternoon (distance depends on how I am feeling). I have gained weight but as I am 67 and eat a healthy diet I am not overly concerned. Very happy with this outcome at present.”

Ozarkbookaholic · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 2, 2019

Lynparza (olaparib) for Ovarian Cancer: “I had zero benefit from Lynparza. My tumors grew significantly. I also had terrible splotchy, reddish/brownish skin from the knees down. My oncologist took me off of it within 6 weeks.”

Cata · Taken for less than 1 month · October 10, 2019

Lynparza (olaparib): “I have pancreas/ liver cancer stage 4 Did a year go chemo all scans are clean. I just started lynparza and I know it will keep that monster away positive vibes”