User Reviews for Naloxone

Also known as: Evzio, Narcan Injection, Narcan Nasal Spray

Learn more about Naloxone.

Naloxone Rating Summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Opioid Overdose.

Reviews for Naloxone to treat Opioid Overdose

"I am really unsure how to rate this, because I do not believe I was properly given it in the ER. I was severely overdosing on a barbituate (it is part of my headache medication) and I took too many, ironically even leaving the hospital my head was pounding. I just wanted to rate this so/so, because by the time I woke up after my shot and a rest, I felt somewhat better minus the extreme headache. BUT my boyfriend last year was ODing and when I called EMT's, they were able to successfully resuscitate him !!! Life changing experience, I'm glad he is opiate free still today. Naloxone is a wonder drug for addicts, people who take too much by accident, you name it. You can even get it at the drug store to keep on hand if/when you see an overdose."

Chelseabergstresser May 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After receiving the medicine by the medic the only side effect I experience was a very warm sensation over my body that lasted about 1 1/2 hours that was it. I thank goodness for this medicine it truly saved my life."

BigBill2282 January 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Long story short, I was up for 2 days abusing narcotics. On day 3 I think my body had enough. I was on a car ride when I crashed, me not the car, my brother was driving who noticed I didn't look well... I was blue. Took me to the ER Apparently they told him I would wake up screaming. I did after the injection. It felt like cold water was being pumped into my veins and muscles. I also had heavy muscle spasms. If they held me down, no idea. Everything was going on in slow motion as I came to. They injected me with something to calm the spasms. Then I was in and out until waking up in the ICU. Nonetheless it's a life saver. It's a painful one but hey, I'm alive."

JimmyTiher December 31, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Narcan Injection (naloxone): "This works. Too Well. the hospital I was at overdosed me on opiates one night while going through multiple kidney failure. The Narcan injection they gave me to spring me back was the most painful experience I have ever had. I hope not a soul on earth has to go through that. ever. So this product did what it needed to do. Saved my life from an opiate overdose. So it was very effective. painful but effective."

Eric G November 26, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Narcan Injection (naloxone): "I took a fatal dose of Heroin in February 2016 and was given 2 shots of Narcan and it saved my life!"

Stomp's 29 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had been taking Valium crack and heroin for the day and ended up getting abit more heroin at nite, after I took it my friend kept telling me I was grey with blue lips but I was to doped to care! We ended up staying at my house and I nodded off very fast, I woke him up 3 minutes late by vomiting on him but he couldn't wake me so he put me in recovery position and phoned ambulance. 15mins late they came and found that my heart was beating just 6 times a minute and unresponsive so they pumped air into my stomach and gave me a shot of narcan and I just remember seeing white lights as my lights were on in my room and green clothes of the paramedics they carried me into the ambulance and when I arrived they had to give me another dose. It saved my life"

Timmy arrghh September 17, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Narcan Injection (naloxone): "I am a cancer patient and take strong pain meds. One night I had accidently taken other sensitive type meds and possibly second dose of narcotic pain meds. My daughter called an ambulance when she couldn't keep me awake. When I got to ER, my pulse was 30 and dropping at time as low as 20. I could of and probably should of gone into cardiac arrest. I was administered this medicine and it literally saved my life. I have been battling a terminal but treatable cancer for 3 years, Multiple Myeloma. I fight everyday to stay healthy so I can be here for my kids and grandkids. I don't want to lose my life over something avoidable like an accidental overdose!"

Too young to die Nana August 30, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Narcan Injection (naloxone): "Narcan has saved my life twice in the ER. Every day I rose above the misery of addiction."

Bdubatl285 May 22, 2014

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Narcan Injection (naloxone): "It has saved my life 3 times in the ER. If it would have not been for this medicine I would have died a junky and would not of had the chance to change my life for the better. Thank you for this medicine."

Jimreams May 16, 2014