User Reviews for Nasonex

Nasonex has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 72 ratings on Drugs.com. 43% of those users who reviewed Nasonex reported a positive effect, while 39% reported a negative effect.

Allergic Rhinitis
6.3
Sinus Symptoms
3.1
Nasal Polyps
Summary of Nasonex reviews 5.4 72 reviews

Reviews for Nasonex

Judy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 9, 2021

For Sinus Symptoms: “I began using this after suffering from nasal congestion, headaches and sinus pains. After I began taking it I suffered from terrible pain behind my eyes, nausea and anxiety. I went to so many doctors but nobody was able to pinpoint what it was. I was having around 20 migraine/headache days per month. Painkillers were not helping and I was constantly put on higher and higher doses, which all eventually stopped helping. My nasal congestion also didn't really clear up but for some reason I still persisted. I didn't think it was the spray as I used other steroid sprays in the past so didn't dream it was the Nasonex. At one point it dawned on me that it might just be the Nasonex. I stopped using it and have not had another headache since. I feel better in myself and not so anxious anymore. I suffered terribly for 4 months.”

Sam · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 31, 2021

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I've been using nasonex off and on for quite a few years especially in the winter time as I have a constant runny nose and frequent sinus infections. I recently realized that I have frequent headaches and migraines mostly in the winter time also. This medication was a godsend for me in the beginning but it's not anymore. After long-term use it seems like my sinuses are burning all the time and my nose is still running whether I use it or not. I often have heart palpitations and have even had heart tests for that. I have decided to go off this medication for a long period of time to see if any of the symptoms I've described are caused by the nasonex.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2021

For Sinus Symptoms: “Terrible product! Gave me crazy anxiety, dizziness and face and body tingling. Use with caution or avoid altogether.”

jajsip · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 15, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Absolutely a nightmare! I was on this nasal spray Nasonex for about six months. During that time I developed excruciating leg aches, and flu like aches throughout my body that were never ending. I also had insomnia. It got to the point where I was so exhausted, depressed and at times couldn’t even see straight. I went to the doctor several times, they took my blood, ran different tests and nobody could tell me what was wrong with me so chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and restless leg syndrome were suggested. I was just about to start more medication for these conditions when it dawned on me that it could be the nasal spray after reading reviews. Hard to believe one puff in each nostril daily can make you feel like you are dying.”

Hgftydfffdd · Taken for less than 1 month August 5, 2019

For Sinus Symptoms: “The Nasonex caused crazy anxiety, super dizzy and weird visual things like after images from lights that would last 5 minutes. Waking up in middle of night totally dizzy and spinning. It might work well I'm not sure because I had to stop using it. The visual stuff freaked me out too much.”

Susy · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 26, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “This medicine should be taken off the shelves. My doctor prescribed it because I have really bad allergies and from the third day after using it, my throat got tight and dry making me feel as if I couldn't breathe, one week later I'm still having nose bleed from it, my head is spinning, eyes are very heavy, I think I've got every single bad side effect from it. Terrible, terrible, terrible!!! I stopped using right away! How does the FDA approved something like that it's beyond me!!!”

Mich · Taken for less than 1 month July 11, 2019

For Sinus Symptoms: “This was the worst experience of side affects with these his nasal spray!! It exacerbated my anxiety , and gave me heart palpitations, not to mention pressure behind my eyes omg it was so bad I didn’t know what was going on I didn’t know this till I googled ! So many have complained of the same things!! Heart palpitations and eye pain was the worst !!! I will stick to my saline nasal spray ! This stuff is really nasty !!!”

Μarine October 13, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I've been suffering for many years and my doctor gave me this product!IT DOESN'T WOOORRRKKKKK!It does absolutely nothing! Waste of time and money! Since I went to my new doctor, I was diagnosed with allergic rhinitis, something I already knew! Finally, this time I tried another product (nasosyn - Xylometazoline HCL + Dexpanthenol) that truly SAVED MY LIFE!i stoped being tired because of luck of sleep and i became a new powerfull person! Guys! Nasonex didn't work for me! Thanks for reading Hope I helped”

H · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Caused depressive symptoms such as sadness! After stopping it, 6 days later the sadness has magically disappeared! This drug absorbs into the bloodstream from the nose and can cause systematic psychiatric side effects!”

Always Iris · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 12, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have been using Nasonex for over a year, but not consistently. I finally became so miserable with a horrible migraine that I couldn't connect to anything else that I checked side effects. Sure enough, Nasonex is what triggers my migraines. Not only that, I now realize it's what has been making me so mysteriously ill with horrible aches and joint pain, nausea and extreme exhaustion that hits me about 3-4 days a week, which is how often I use Nasonex. I would much rather have a runny nose than feel this sick.”

DFE · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I suffer year round severe allergies with runny sneezy nose, blocked sinuses and itchy red watery eyes. This product works... BUT for me it isn't worth the side effects - chronic diarrhea, blurred vision, total loss of taste and smell, lethargy, anxiety, headaches and abdominal cramps. I was taking it last year and had these symptoms, then stopped and they went away but I didn't connect the two until THIS time when I went on it again, been on about 3 months and back came the symptoms. So I did an online search and found so many others with the same experience using Nasonex. So this week I stopped again and will never use it again. This product can also cause Glaucoma and cataracts - how can people be ready to risk the serious side effects of this just for hayfever? I'd rather sneeze my way through life then be blind... and now I know why my vision has been blurry :(”

Cc · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 5, 2021

For Nasal Polyps: “I was prescribed by my doctor Nasonex for my polyps. I used it on and off for couple of years but only yesterday did it dawn on me that all these while, whenever I felt sickly with a very dry throat, difficulties in breathing, wheezing, trembling hands, dizziness, pressure behind my eyes, headache, muscle pains, neck pain, blurred vision, lost of balance, ear pains, difficulties in swallowing and chest pains was all from after using Nasonex! I thought what was wrong with me. Even went to an emergency room thinking I was getting a stroke or a heart attack. Then I realised last night that all these symptoms only occur whenever I use Nasonex but whenever I stopped using it, all of these symptoms would subside. So, I Googled for reviews and saw so many people have experienced these bad side effects. I wish I knew sooner!”

Mandy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2019

For Sinus Symptoms: “Nasonex was recommended by my ENT to assist with symptoms of eustachian tube dysfunction (ETD) which I’ve endured for a couple of months now. I used Nasonex for 4 weeks and found it did nothing apart from make me feel nauseous and made my nasal passages extremely dry with slight blood in mucus, I also had a sore throat. I took myself off it and use saline nasal sprays instead, I find they do more for me and keep my nasal passages moist.”

NJ · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Horrible drug. Started using it and within 24 hours, I'd started getting severe anxiety, and severe depression . Came off of it, tried again at a lower dose, same thing to a slightly lesser degree. Also gave me headaches and a tight feeling in my throat. Can't take any lower a dose really or it won't be effective. Never using this stuff again.”

Bebe · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2020

For Sinus Symptoms: “I have never felt so ill in my life I can't keep off the toilet feeling sick most of the time breathing not too good I have had this Nasonex before and always had to run to the toilet but never thought it was this but this time is the worse maybe as I'm getting older I am70 now I will never ever use this again”

CateN12 December 15, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I began using Nasonex to help with nasal congestion and snoring. Worked really well. I was also on Cymbalta and Lamictal for depression. About the same time I started the Nasonex, I began to suffer from acute, chronic migraines, as many as 20 per month. I went through 5 different neurologists/specialists during a SIX year period in which I was more or less bedridden. When the drug company stopped supplying it in September, I had to stop taking it, and haven't had a migraine since. Doctors need to be made more aware of the link between Nasonex and migraines. This condition is incredibly hard to diagnose and treat, as everyone has different triggers. Doctors don't know- for six years they got nowhere-- I was the one who figured it out.”

Slipstreamer · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Negligible improvement of Chronic Rhinitis. Multiple nasty side effects including, headaches, sore throat, muscular aches in throat, neck and back as far down as the kidneys, occasional dizziness. These symptoms started after about a week of one puff per nostril per day. And they are persisting six weeks after stopping use of this product. It is like having a mild dose of influenza without any fever or elevated body temperature. It might work for some people, but for me it is very bad news.”

Hunter7766677 October 3, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: “For almost two years I have taken nasonex to control allergies, however, the side effects of it, mostly occurring upon waking, and lasting about 5-6 hours, are unbearable: chronic, tension headaches, extreme fatigue, and some dizziness. I never could relate the side effects to the nasal spray until I had exhausted every other possibility including diet, hydration, other medications, vitamins and herb supplements. Through a long process of elimination, and reading other posts online, I finally determined it was the Nasonex of Mometasone Fuorate spray. You are not alone! Horrible headaches and lasting fatigue are not worth it!!”

C.A. · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2012

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I am a seasonal allergy sufferer ...and some years they are worse than others. This year I have been miserable, always either sneezing continually or not able to breathe, or a continuous runny nose, bleeding nose...tired and just not able to function!! None of this fun or attractive. I remember my doctor prescribing Nasonex a few years back and I went back and asked for it again. Within 2 days I felt back to my normal self and was able to breathe properly. No more lethargy and no more nose bleeds. It truly is a miracle for me with no side effects. ”

Lisaaaa · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: “It worked very instantly, it was a great product. Then I stopped after 2 weeks and it came back straight away. So I had to take it until the entire season finished to prevent the allergic reaction coming again. The product is good except for the horrible leak that drips down your nasal path into the back of your throat.”

Anonymous December 3, 2011

For Nasal Polyps: “I have had polyps removed 6 times now and have been using Nasonex since it first came on the market. Maybe it stopped some growing but for the past 5 months I have suffered headaches every day. Maybe I've used Nasonex for too many years for this to start happening. Since stopping the Nasonex my headaches have ceased. What a relief.”

Anonymous January 3, 2011

For Nasal Polyps: “About two years ago, I stayed home sick with what I thought was the flu. After about a week of misery and no relief I went to the doctor. He told me that all the awful, flu-like symptoms were actually my hay fever acting up and because I had waited too long to come in I now had nasal polyps. Many members of my extended family has had them and treated them with Nasonex or even surgery (my aunt can't taste or smell now). Since then, I've used Nasonex nearly every night. There's a very obvious difference between nights I take it and nights that I forget - I tend to wake up with throat congestion and a runny nose. Only once have I actually had a full-on nosebleed.”

alksy · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I was allergic to it. Developed upper respiratory infection, cough, conjuctivitis, and the final straw was waking up one night with my throat almost swollen shut. The allergist said I had a reaction to it and to stop taking it.”

Anonymous July 26, 2008

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have needed medication for allergies for almost 15 years and have had difficulty getting more than moderate relief. Nasonex has made my quality of life much more comfortable and kept my symptoms more controllable, which in turn keeps other related expenses down. Because of my financial limitations it is my one necessity, although I wish the cost was lower. Makes my over the counter remedies more effective. I have experienced no side effects from this drug, only desirable effects.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 6, 2016

For Sinus Symptoms: “I was prescribed this nasal spray as a form of treatment for symptoms of sinus. Before I started using Nasonex I was having at least three sinus infections a year which required antibiotics to clear up the pain, build of mucus etc. I take one spray in each nostril every night. And thankfully I haven't had an antibiotic for a sinus infection in a few years.”

Oskido February 10, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have Allergic Rhinitis since I was a kid unfortunately I was told that there is no cure for this allergy it will be with me for the rest of my life - doctors have always treated my so called sinus issue with Flu medication and sinus medication to be honest it worked for a hour max and I am back where I started. A doctor prescribed Kestine and Nasonex almost 15 years ago I used it for the first two days and every time when we the seasons change. To-date I still use the same products and I don't regret using it since - honestly the best medication available for people who have Allergic Rhinitis. ”

Anonymous April 2, 2012

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Used Nasonex for approximately three weeks. Discontinued use due to headaches and severe impairment of taste (metal taste). Have not used in over one week. Headaches have been relieved, but still have metal taste in mouth.”

jingleelle August 25, 2014

For Allergic Rhinitis: “It worked like a magic for my allergy symptoms. I think it took about 24~48 hours to kick in. Now I only use 1 spray per nostril everyday. If I skip for more than 2 days, I start sneezing again, and that's how I know this medication works. Now I am interested in looking into long-term use.”