User Reviews for Nasonex to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Nasonex has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 45 ratings for the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis. 53% of those users who reviewed Nasonex reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Nasonex Rating Summary

6.3/10 average rating

Compare all 272 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Nasonex

Sam · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 31, 2021

“I've been using nasonex off and on for quite a few years especially in the winter time as I have a constant runny nose and frequent sinus infections. I recently realized that I have frequent headaches and migraines mostly in the winter time also. This medication was a godsend for me in the beginning but it's not anymore. After long-term use it seems like my sinuses are burning all the time and my nose is still running whether I use it or not. I often have heart palpitations and have even had heart tests for that. I have decided to go off this medication for a long period of time to see if any of the symptoms I've described are caused by the nasonex.”

H · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2020

“Caused depressive symptoms such as sadness! After stopping it, 6 days later the sadness has magically disappeared! This drug absorbs into the bloodstream from the nose and can cause systematic psychiatric side effects!”

Wend September 22, 2020

“I lost my sense of smell for several years, only recently have I regained it only partially.”

jajsip · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 15, 2020

“Absolutely a nightmare! I was on this nasal spray Nasonex for about six months. During that time I developed excruciating leg aches, and flu like aches throughout my body that were never ending. I also had insomnia. It got to the point where I was so exhausted, depressed and at times couldn’t even see straight. I went to the doctor several times, they took my blood, ran different tests and nobody could tell me what was wrong with me so chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and restless leg syndrome were suggested. I was just about to start more medication for these conditions when it dawned on me that it could be the nasal spray after reading reviews. Hard to believe one puff in each nostril daily can make you feel like you are dying.”

Susy · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 26, 2019

“This medicine should be taken off the shelves. My doctor prescribed it because I have really bad allergies and from the third day after using it, my throat got tight and dry making me feel as if I couldn't breathe, one week later I'm still having nose bleed from it, my head is spinning, eyes are very heavy, I think I've got every single bad side effect from it. Terrible, terrible, terrible!!! I stopped using right away! How does the FDA approved something like that it's beyond me!!!”

Μarine October 13, 2019

“I've been suffering for many years and my doctor gave me this product!IT DOESN'T WOOORRRKKKKK!It does absolutely nothing! Waste of time and money! Since I went to my new doctor, I was diagnosed with allergic rhinitis, something I already knew! Finally, this time I tried another product (nasosyn - Xylometazoline HCL + Dexpanthenol) that truly SAVED MY LIFE!i stoped being tired because of luck of sleep and i became a new powerfull person! Guys! Nasonex didn't work for me! Thanks for reading Hope I helped”

Always Iris · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 12, 2019

“I have been using Nasonex for over a year, but not consistently. I finally became so miserable with a horrible migraine that I couldn't connect to anything else that I checked side effects. Sure enough, Nasonex is what triggers my migraines. Not only that, I now realize it's what has been making me so mysteriously ill with horrible aches and joint pain, nausea and extreme exhaustion that hits me about 3-4 days a week, which is how often I use Nasonex. I would much rather have a runny nose than feel this sick.”

DFE · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2018

“I suffer year round severe allergies with runny sneezy nose, blocked sinuses and itchy red watery eyes. This product works... BUT for me it isn't worth the side effects - chronic diarrhea, blurred vision, total loss of taste and smell, lethargy, anxiety, headaches and abdominal cramps. I was taking it last year and had these symptoms, then stopped and they went away but I didn't connect the two until THIS time when I went on it again, been on about 3 months and back came the symptoms. So I did an online search and found so many others with the same experience using Nasonex. So this week I stopped again and will never use it again. This product can also cause Glaucoma and cataracts - how can people be ready to risk the serious side effects of this just for hayfever? I'd rather sneeze my way through life then be blind... and now I know why my vision has been blurry :(”

NJ · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2018

“Horrible drug. Started using it and within 24 hours, I'd started getting severe anxiety, and severe depression . Came off of it, tried again at a lower dose, same thing to a slightly lesser degree. Also gave me headaches and a tight feeling in my throat. Can't take any lower a dose really or it won't be effective. Never using this stuff again.”

CateN12 December 15, 2015

“I began using Nasonex to help with nasal congestion and snoring. Worked really well. I was also on Cymbalta and Lamictal for depression. About the same time I started the Nasonex, I began to suffer from acute, chronic migraines, as many as 20 per month. I went through 5 different neurologists/specialists during a SIX year period in which I was more or less bedridden. When the drug company stopped supplying it in September, I had to stop taking it, and haven't had a migraine since. Doctors need to be made more aware of the link between Nasonex and migraines. This condition is incredibly hard to diagnose and treat, as everyone has different triggers. Doctors don't know- for six years they got nowhere-- I was the one who figured it out.”

Slipstreamer · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2016

“Negligible improvement of Chronic Rhinitis. Multiple nasty side effects including, headaches, sore throat, muscular aches in throat, neck and back as far down as the kidneys, occasional dizziness. These symptoms started after about a week of one puff per nostril per day. And they are persisting six weeks after stopping use of this product. It is like having a mild dose of influenza without any fever or elevated body temperature. It might work for some people, but for me it is very bad news.”

Hunter7766677 October 3, 2017

“For almost two years I have taken nasonex to control allergies, however, the side effects of it, mostly occurring upon waking, and lasting about 5-6 hours, are unbearable: chronic, tension headaches, extreme fatigue, and some dizziness. I never could relate the side effects to the nasal spray until I had exhausted every other possibility including diet, hydration, other medications, vitamins and herb supplements. Through a long process of elimination, and reading other posts online, I finally determined it was the Nasonex of Mometasone Fuorate spray. You are not alone! Horrible headaches and lasting fatigue are not worth it!!”

C.A. · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2012

“I am a seasonal allergy sufferer ...and some years they are worse than others. This year I have been miserable, always either sneezing continually or not able to breathe, or a continuous runny nose, bleeding nose...tired and just not able to function!! None of this fun or attractive. I remember my doctor prescribing Nasonex a few years back and I went back and asked for it again. Within 2 days I felt back to my normal self and was able to breathe properly. No more lethargy and no more nose bleeds. It truly is a miracle for me with no side effects. ”

Lisaaaa · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2016

“It worked very instantly, it was a great product. Then I stopped after 2 weeks and it came back straight away. So I had to take it until the entire season finished to prevent the allergic reaction coming again. The product is good except for the horrible leak that drips down your nasal path into the back of your throat.”

alksy · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2013

“I was allergic to it. Developed upper respiratory infection, cough, conjuctivitis, and the final straw was waking up one night with my throat almost swollen shut. The allergist said I had a reaction to it and to stop taking it.”

Anonymous July 26, 2008

“I have needed medication for allergies for almost 15 years and have had difficulty getting more than moderate relief. Nasonex has made my quality of life much more comfortable and kept my symptoms more controllable, which in turn keeps other related expenses down. Because of my financial limitations it is my one necessity, although I wish the cost was lower. Makes my over the counter remedies more effective. I have experienced no side effects from this drug, only desirable effects.”

Oskido February 10, 2016

“I have Allergic Rhinitis since I was a kid unfortunately I was told that there is no cure for this allergy it will be with me for the rest of my life - doctors have always treated my so called sinus issue with Flu medication and sinus medication to be honest it worked for a hour max and I am back where I started. A doctor prescribed Kestine and Nasonex almost 15 years ago I used it for the first two days and every time when we the seasons change. To-date I still use the same products and I don't regret using it since - honestly the best medication available for people who have Allergic Rhinitis. ”

Anonymous April 2, 2012

“Used Nasonex for approximately three weeks. Discontinued use due to headaches and severe impairment of taste (metal taste). Have not used in over one week. Headaches have been relieved, but still have metal taste in mouth.”

jingleelle August 25, 2014

“It worked like a magic for my allergy symptoms. I think it took about 24~48 hours to kick in. Now I only use 1 spray per nostril everyday. If I skip for more than 2 days, I start sneezing again, and that's how I know this medication works. Now I am interested in looking into long-term use.”

Anonymous April 30, 2011

“My permanently blocked and stuffed up nose cleared within about 3 days of starting this medication, it was fantastic until about two days later when I began to suffer some serious side effects; hives, conjunctivitis in one eye and flu-like aches and pains. I felt so awful I quit taking the medication that day. Now I'm too scared to try it again! If it hadn't have been for the side effects I would've given 10/10.”

Honesty 7 · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2016

“Nasonex worked grateful for my sinuses. It help with preventing headaches. The bad thing is I LOST MY SENSE OF SMELL. I used it for a very short time and stopped when I realized I couldn't smell. It has been over 3 months since I used it. The sense hasn't returned. I also lost my sense for taste. The taste came back after 2 or 3 weeks of not using the product.”

Rodr · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 6, 2015

“I've had an annoying and embarrassing hay fever related symptom for about 10 years. First red eyes and itchy tear ducts which progressed to eyelid twitching. At first my eyelids twitched whenever I sneezed, but then it would happen randomly and increased in frequency. It became so bad I would avoid meetings at the office. I tried the common hayfever medication and some helped off and on but I could never get the darn twitching to stop. A few months ago I saw my doctor for an unrelated issue and he prescribed Nasonex. My hay fever, itchy eyes and eyelid twitching DISAPPEARED within a few days. I feel like a new person now!!!”

SoiCowboy April 9, 2009

“I went to see my doctor about inflammation to my throat and a slight bit of congestion in the mornings. He prescribed Nasonex. What a relief. Although my symptoms are probably slight compared to most others, this product was easy to use and effective without the harsh chemical feel or taste associated with other nasal medications. Instead of two sprays per nostril, I have elected to use just one spray in each nostril and found my symptoms relieved. If your opinion of nasal sprays are anything like mine used to be, give Nasonex a try for your seasonal allergies.”

Kp1011 · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2017

“I've had hayfever for over a decade now and every summer I have suffered very badly with it, I had tried everything from pharmacy to natural remedies which weren't helping and every year my summers would be ruined due to being ill with it constantly but I recently got given nasonex by my doctor and within 2 days I had no hayfever symptoms and haven't now for over 3 weeks since I've had it although the pollen count has been high throughout, very grateful for this product.”

MariaHl April 6, 2014

“This nose spray has been working great for me. It has transformed my allergic life from literally not being able to function to the normal me. I can't be more grateful. No side effects at all. It is also amazing how it was effective from the second use onwards. I do recommend the continuous use of it.”

Hannah · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 20, 2018

“Nasonex changed my life!! I have severe hay fever symptoms but using Nasonex every night before going to sleep relieved all symptoms. I have been using it for 8 years and I can genuinely say that it changed my life.”

Jungy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 20, 2020

“I've been using it for a while and it didn't work well for me. I changed to another spray and it got much better. Also had the problem where the mist did not actually reach where it was supposed to go but rather just drooled out.”

Koney · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 18, 2016

“I have been taking Nasonex for 8 years for seasonal allergies to various tree pollens. I get the horribly itchy eyes/nose/palate and runny nose. If I start taking Nasonex a few weeks prior to spring pollen season, it really helps and reduces about 90% of my symptoms. This way, I can still function for the month or two of pollen season. I would recommend this to people with Birch tree allergies.”

Learn more about Allergic Rhinitis