User Reviews for Linezolid to treat Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infection

Also known as: Zyvox

Linezolid Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infection.

Reviews for Linezolid

Zyvox (linezolid): "Within 12 hours this potent drug is a beast, it gets in theRE and knocks the hell out of MRSA. Rationing of these MRSA staph infection drugs is unacceptable when you've been verified by lab. The stuff coming out of my nose looked like movie alien. It was wicked to get my first dose of ZYVOX. I was relieved I got it. I got it after CAT scans, 3 more hours ER, I was quarantined at ER. Well that's my nightmare of MRSA. Just demand ZYVOX your only downside is diarrhea so get some Pepto and immodium. It is a small price to get rid of MRSA. It's amazing my nasal passages are open I can breathe. "

NA$ (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2018

Zyvox (linezolid): "Had an infection that would not clear...nosocomal..after surgery. Was the only med that got RID of it completely. No further problems OR recurrences! I had no side effects."

Pro-Z (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2018

"I'm taking oral Linezolid, 600 mg. Dosage is every 12 hours. I'm in a rehab center for an amputation below the knee. I'm 61 year old male with type 2 diabetes. At first I felt nothing, but now into my 13th day, I feel nauseous at times, loss of appetite, and tired/sleepy. I also feel weaker than before and harder to do my physical therapy. I can't wait for my 14 day period to end."

Steven G. (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2017

Zyvox (linezolid): "I have osteomyelitis of temporal bone. In the hospital for 1 wk, sent home on IV Vancomycin & Cephrine. After 4 wks back to Hospital for chills & fever. In for a wk, low blood & increased iron...all due to IV. Sent home on Zyvox & Levaquin for 30 days, hoping infection has cleared (will find out after finish meds). Side effects: nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, cannot eat as nothing taste right, GERD, pressure in the sterum area, extremely tired, short of breath, yeast infection, insomnia, muscle & joint aches, emotional and today red spots on skin. Needless to say I feel horrible! Hopefully this will all be over soon but don't feel I will ever be the same. If this works then it's an amazing, wonderful drug. However, it's very expensive. Thank goodness for patient assistance!"

Sharon R February 28, 2016

Zyvox (linezolid): "I am a CF patient that has MRSA in my lungs. Any time I have a flareup, I'm always given oral Zyvox and it knocks the infection out quickly and keeps it away for months! Great drug, minimal side effects, very rare for resistance to develop, etc. Only downside is the price, but luckily my insurance covers it with just a 1 dollar or so copay."

SWB January 8, 2016

Zyvox (linezolid): "I got a breast infection that was found to be mrsa. I was admitted for IV antibiotics. I was exclusively nursing a 6 week old. I continued to nurse my newborn with the infection and on the medication. My baby or I had no side effects. (no yeast, digestive issues) It cleared up my infection fast. I got 3 days of IV and 7 more days of oral medication."

A nursing mom (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2015

Zyvox (linezolid): "I had MRSA inf. last 8 yrs, all around the body. One heals and other one starts, went to my heart twice too. Now this many years of this, I end up to get Sepsis, I have no words to tell, how bad I feel...too bad, I guess. God Bless You All, who went true this bad infection."

one of you guys October 31, 2013

Zyvox (linezolid): "I use Zyvox to control MRSA infections in my lungs. Works fairly well on other bacteria too, gives good coverage. The Liquid tastes like mediciney cream cicle. Goes down easier with apple juice for children."

CF Patient (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2013

Zyvox (linezolid): "I had a MRSA staph infection when I was 14. I had almost died from the infection and due to my heart problems it made things even more complicated with treatment. I was in the hospital and had to get surgery on my right had to remove the mass of it. I was released days later after Zyvox started to kill off the rest of it. I took the medicine for 2 weeks and a charity started by the Zyvox company covered most of the expenses."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2012

Zyvox (linezolid): "I contracted MRSA in my right foot second toe. My Dr. Gave me Zyvox because I had MRSA before and it was very hard to heal. It worked very well in clearing it up. It was the worst 2 weeks of my life. I had nausea, diarrhea. Weakness, I felt horrible. I suppose it was better than losing my toe. It worked for me. I would use it again if the need arose. I am just glad my insurance paid for it or I couldn't have used it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2012

Zyvox (linezolid): "I got a MRSA staph infection from a cut on my knee. As the infection spread all across the knee, I was admitted into the hospital. I went through surgery where they flushed the joint with antibiotics but it didn't help the infection so they prescribed 2 weeks of oral Zyvox and the infection seems to have gone away. We just can't seem to keep the swelling down. "

Anonymous August 2, 2011

Zyvox (linezolid): "I have had 5 major abdominal sugeries in the last 3 years. I developed MRSA after the last one in May. I have gone through a 3 week treatment and now have tested positive again for MRSA. I still have 2 open wounds that won't heal from the last surgery. I hope this round with the medication will take care of the MRSA."

Sam143 December 7, 2009

Zyvox (linezolid): "I am starting on my second week of a 28 day regimen of Zyvox. I have had a Staph infection for over a year that will go away after being lanced, and then come right back in a different place. So far, the infection is gone, and am praying that it doesnt come back. There has been some nausea, stomach aches, and being more tired than normal. Would take that any day over the pain of a severe Staph infection."

Kristie J. October 13, 2009

Zyvox (linezolid): "I was diagnosed with MRSA in the hospital. The infectious disease doctor said I was lucky that it responded to Zyvox. It's a much better and easier alternative to IVs for a month. The medicine did make me feel nauseous. It was however very effective."

Anonymous September 12, 2009

Zyvox (linezolid): "I acquired a Staph infection after rotator cuff surgery. It was as painful if not more painful as shingles. Have been taking Zyvox for 14 days with 3 to go. It has worked to heal the sores. The problem is the constant stomach upset and nausea. It is a very unpleasant feeling. Somewhat like sea sickness."

SandhillsRider August 5, 2009