User Reviews for Huperzine a to treat Myasthenia Gravis

Huperzine a Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Myasthenia Gravis.

Reviews for Huperzine a

Suzi Q · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2018

“Could not tolerate Mestaton after one day side effects were intolerable. This Huperzine A gave me a slight headache first 2-3 Days, but I’m amazed I take one 200 mg with breakfast and ALL My Myasthenia Gravis symptoms are now in control. Still on smaller dose of Prendisone but I’m feeling “normal” first time in 5 months. I will not increase dose, may keep 5/7 days to stay balanced....wonderful .”

PLEASE READ/ side effects November 12, 2018

“I tried Huperzine A thinking it could be a good natural treatment option. I took one pill daily even though it said take every 3 to 4 hours 4 pills a day. Soon I increased to two pills a day one hour after taking the second pill I became deathly ill with a reaction called a Cholinergic Crisis witch can cause respiratory failure. Huperzine A should be taken with CAUTION! you should start on a low dose and give yourself time for the drug to build up in your system just like Mestinon. I believe that this drug may very well do everything Mestinon is meant to do (maybe more) for people with Myasthenia Gravis, BUT there should be more careful dosage instructions on the bottle! So please take this drug slowly start with a low dose for maybe a month before increasing your dosage and only do so if necessary, Keep a strict schedule too much of this drug in your system can cause serious sickness even death.”

Hip2VP · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2018

“Works very well as a replacement for Mestion. For me, it is slightly less effective in the nasal area but being that MG weakness can come and go in any area, that may have nothing to do with the Huperzine A. 200 mcg lasts me from 6 to 8 hours just as a previous person posted. It also has a much smoother onset and decay than mestinon. I've been using it for about a week. So far so good.”

Itworksforme March 5, 2017

“HUP A is natural substitute for mestinon. Loving it”

HUPAGIRL · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 22, 2013

“HUP A !!!! works just like Mestinon without the side effects!”

mgcoper February 6, 2010

“I have been using this product since I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis 4 years ago, I usually take 200mcg once a day in place of mestinon, some days I take a second dose in the evening, It does not give me the roller coaster effect that mestinon does. I love the product its been a life saver. Now over time after a couple months it becomes a little ineffective, then I switch to the mestinon for a week or 2 , then go back to the Huperzine. It definitely works for me and is not a placebo effect, I can go from barely able to lift a glass of water to doing pushups within about a hour or 2 and the effects last 6-8hrs with a gradual decrease in effect, unlike the mestinon which drops very fast”

Learn more about Myasthenia Gravis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)

More about huperzine a