User Reviews for Golimumab

Psoriatic Arthritis
5.7

Summary of Golimumab reviews 7.0 73 reviews

Reviews for Golimumab

Simponi Aria (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "No pain or skin issues after 3 days, but about 2 weeks after the first injection I got sick for the 1st time. The fatigue set in at week 3. I was well again at week 4 right in time for my next dose. Once again by week 3 I was sick with the worst throat /adenoid infection that just wouldn't quit. The fatigue is life changing. Dr. took me off after my second throat infection in 6 weeks."

Emm (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I'm suffering light to moderate AS for 8 years and pain comes with activity. I used only once, seems like its good for 3 months for me. I was suffering light cough and shortness of breath due to cold when I did the shot. Pain gone in couple days, life quality increased noticeably but cough and shortness of breath continued heavily for 2 months. Make sure you have no cold symptoms before you make the shot."

mike (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2018

Simponi Aria (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have taken just about all the meds you can think of. Some are better than others but after a while too many symptoms come up. My latest Simponi seemed great in the beginning but as others stated I was tired all the time. Contracted pneumonia, edema in the ankles and 3 UTI's in 6 months. So I am going to go off. I think it suppressed my immune system so much I was sick all the time. Not sure if I will try Humira - which others are taking and seem to be ok with it."

Lena P (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "So far, no good. Although I've only had my second infusion today. 2nd month. I was diagnosed with RA over 10 years ago. I've tried a number of biological's with enbrel working best, but I can't afford that. I've had side effects with most of them, from dangerous blood pressure levels to diverticulitis. I have sharp generalized joint pain, meaning all over, almost every joint. Worse in my shoulders now, but that could change to other joints. I feel like my entire body is sprained and fatigued. The golimumab, or "simponi" as the brand name, has not yet started working for me. After my infusion today I got really severe burning in my chest and throat, as well as a head ache and fatigue. That has settled down now, four hours later. I also feel a little sad. Has anyone else felt sad? I don't know if this is due to the medication or not. I'll check back and revise my review if this stuff kicks in any better."

Ann James (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2018

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have had Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA) 49 years. I have tried every biologic there is and Simponi has been the first drug to work for me within a few hours. I take simpono and self inject every 2 weeks, I also take low dose prednisone. I was diagnosed at age 6, have many replaced joints and still some active joints with severe RA. I have been on Simponi for 18 months now, even though I have never had a remission, my symptoms have been the most controlled on this drug! :) Pray it keeps working this well."

Kar1123 February 7, 2018

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I was on Remicade infusion for 7 years, I had wonderful results for 6 years, with PSA flares slowly creeping back in the 7th, but not unmanageable. Rheumy switched me to Simponi. After 2 injections, while my skin is still clear, the PSA is raging. I am in terrible pain. I spoke the my Rheumy once and she said to give it a chance. Calling her again this morning. The pain and exhaustion is debilitating and affecting every aspect of my life. I asked he about Taltz and Cosentyx but she wanted to keep me on a TNF blocker. I'm ready for change."

rrsltx December 5, 2017

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "It got worse on this"

Indydeb1 November 25, 2017

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I started Simponi Approx 1 year ago. I was first on methotrexate for about a year but developed a really bad cough and scarring on lungs. I then was put on Remicade which took away every pain I had but on third infusion, I had an allergic reaction so I had to be taken off. Now I am on Simponi and by the third infusion, I have had no pain at all and no side effects. I am on Medicare which pays for 80% and my UHC which pays the 20%...so I feel really lucky."

Rosie bell July 30, 2017

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Worked ok on aches and pains but really messed with me mentally. Made me very depressed and socially withdrawals. I feel more fatigue and lot of headaches."

Catterfly78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I'm a mid to severe RA patient. I have RA for about 4.5 years. I was quickly diagnosed. Less then 6 months I was prescribed Simponi. In Canada my doctor got me lined up for Simponi and once I started they will give it to me free of charge. The drug company pays for it. I am very lucky. I have been in remission for since I started it 4 years ago. Colin"

ColinF July 8, 2017

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have had RA since 1987 and tried pretty much every drug and biologic out there. After a few weeks on Simponi (2011) I swore that I was completely cured of my RA. Unfortunately the manufacturer does not give financial assistance to people on Medicare so I had to get off the best drug that ever worked and have been deteriorating ever since. Shame on Johnson & Johnson for not having compassion on patients who can't afford their drug. BIG DRUG COMPANIES!!!"

treeod (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2017

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had my first infusion today. No ill effects with the exception of exhaustion...additional that is as I already am sleeping 16 hours per day. Not sure how a person is supposed to make a living with this advanced RA. I am hoping that Simponi will resolve that in the near future Will let you know when things start to work and I can return to the land of the living."

gregoryj (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Simponi (golimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Simponi did not work for me. Tried it three months, and it made all the bleeding, cramping and diarrhea worse. I really wanted it to work for me...but it didn't. And Jannssen was NO help...called it "side effects," when it was "exacerbation of symptoms." Best wishes if you take it...I hope you find success with it. :)"

MelissaInFlorida March 18, 2017

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Simponi had been the first biologic that has worked for my very active JRA (diagnosed 48 years ago) I tried every biological available, Simponi was the first medication to work within hours for my severe symptoms at the time, with no side effects. I have been using Simponi for 8 months. I pray it continues working."

Karlh23 March 11, 2017

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Was ready to retire from teaching from the pain and tiredness from difficulty walking from RA. Simponi gave me my life back. Reduced immune system from RA meds given as reason for Legionnaires disease but benefits far out way any negatives. At 7.00 am about to go on extended world trip."

Lynnseed (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 25, 2017

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Yeaterday got my 4th injection in 4 months at home by a nurse! I think it's working very well so far.....I have taken many other types of medicines over 7 years with big side effects for RA. I have had Ulcerative Colitis for 15 years and took some meds for that. Because of side effects I began a very stringent diet, (specific carbohydrate diet). I eventually got better and all UC symptoms stopped. Years later went off the diet and was soon reduced to suffering immensely with undiagnosed RA symptoms. I believe my diet contributes to my symptoms. I know food chemicals can cause inflammation and I know UC is cousin to RA. I come from generations of alcoholics and am recovering for 27 years. Sugar is a deadly & strong addiction. Today I was lethargic "

Qwanderer February 3, 2017

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I am 65 with RA and have been on 8 different biologics. Now on simphone doing well. Methotrexate gave me interstitial fibrosis, another drug a dvt. They all come with a price physically and financially but quality of life verses quantity....I choose quality. It's good to read others experiences it helps ..."

dianna c.. (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 25, 2017

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Had 1st shot of Simponi and didn't notice any change. I was also taking 2 pills of methotrexate. Doc upped methotrexate to 6 pills. I had been getting muscle spasms intermittently since starting Simponi. After 3rd shot, I got the muscle spasms the next day and they lasted for a week. Doc took me off Simponi due to the muscle spasms and also because I didn't notice any change in AS. "

HiiQ December 11, 2016

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was on Methotrexate and Sulfasalazine for my RA for several years. I have now received 2 infusions of Simponi with my third one the end of 11/16. The only improvement I saw was after the first infusion which helped with my stiffness. I am still suffering with the pain and returning of stiffness. Also, my feet are really bad now. Does Simponi just not work for some people?"

Kdm20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I was diagnosed three years ago with Ankylosing spondylitis, I first started with enbrel which I had some success with and the dr ordered me to stop the injectors due to a delayed skin reaction, be decided to go with the remicade infusion which ended up landing me in the hospital 24 hours after infusion due to delayed hypersensitivity reaction involving swelling of my throat, lips, eye lids and hives, after a brief hospital stay I had to take several weeks of steroids and benedryl to bypass the infusion until it was out of my system, I refused treatment for a year until last Thursday I received my first infsuion of simponi , I've had very minimal side effects nausea , dizziness, BUT I am already feeling the difference!! This drug is amazing"

Amanda gove October 7, 2016

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Was on Humira for 11 years, which stopped working. Enbrel, horrible reaction. Started Simponi in April. It took about 2 months to kick in, but now working great! Sleeping better than ever, have only had 2 days of minor pain. Only thing that is still challenging is the fatigue. Very happy with results and love the once a month injection."

Piglet68 August 17, 2016

Simponi Aria (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have had 3 infusions and I am tired all the time and just want to sleep. My vision has also been more blurry. I understand the immune system can be lower on Simponi. I now have the shingles on my face and I had the shingles vaccine two years ago. I have had RA for 33 years and Plaquenil has helped me more than anything as far as stiffness and pain. Have been taking it for at least 20 years. I also take celebrex and methotrexate."

Tucker's Gaga August 9, 2016

Simponi Aria (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I just had my 2nd infusion and I feel so much better. I can do my everyday chores around the house without pain and fatigue. I feel like I am getting more oxygen, I know that sounds crazy but it is true. I can breath better.No stiffness in the mornings. I walk like a normal person again. My hair is falling out more that normal, I don't know if its the simponi , methatrate, or plaquenil. Going to call my doctor about my hair.I am on the drug company's assistance plan. I pay $ 5.00 for the simponi and $55.00 to the infusion center. ( thank god!) Simponi infusion costs $6500.00 with out insurance for 1 infusion. (August 2016, USA) I am 53, I feel better now than I have in 6 years. I have RA. Hope this helps someone decide to try simponi aire."

Ifeelsogood! August 7, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I'm 27, and have had RA for 6 years. I've been on a few medications (Plaquenil, celebrex, methotrexate) to find the best fit for me. I have been taking Simponi injections once a month (as well as 20mg MTX weekly) for 7 months now and I've had great success! Very slight pain in my foot by the end of the month, but nothing like what I've been through before. I exercise regularly and don't have any kind of pain, so happy. The only side effect I've noticed is fatigue, which can be challenging to manage at times, but I also really like naps, so if that's all I have to manage I'm OK with that! My doctor says he's hoping he can start lowering/removing my dose of MTX soon too!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 30, 2016

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "After my wife was taking Simponi for about a year under the direction of her arthritis doctor, she came down with a rare neurological condition called CIDP (chronic inflamatory dimylating polyneurothapy) where she became almost totally paralized . I think that the drug Simponi is very dangerous to take and she still can't walk after 2 years after stopping the drug. She has to take infusions of IVIG gamma globulin every third week to rebuild her nerves after the erosion of the myelin of the nerves took place. This is a very serious side effect that no one has addressed. I am sure that others have had this side effect hit them from taking Simponi. We have spent over $200,000 in medical expenses toward my wife's recovery and will take at lease 1 to 2 more years for her to recover."

Caregiver J July 7, 2016