User Reviews for Golimumab

Also known as: Simponi, Simponi Aria

Learn more about Golimumab.

Ulcerative Colitis 2 reviews 187 medications

Psoriatic Arthritis 10 reviews 58 medications

6.9
Summary of Golimumab reviews 53 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Golimumab

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Was on Humira for 11 years, which stopped working. Enbrel, horrible reaction. Started Simponi in April. It took about 2 months to kick in, but now working great! Sleeping better than ever, have only had 2 days of minor pain. Only thing that is still challenging is the fatigue. Very happy with results and love the once a month injection."

Piglet68 August 17, 2016

Simponi Aria (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have had 3 infusions and I am tired all the time and just want to sleep. My vision has also been more blurry. I understand the immune system can be lower on Simponi. I now have the shingles on my face and I had the shingles vaccine two years ago. I have had RA for 33 years and Plaquenil has helped me more than anything as far as stiffness and pain. Have been taking it for at least 20 years. I also take celebrex and methotrexate."

Tucker's Gaga August 9, 2016

Simponi Aria (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I just had my 2nd infusion and I feel so much better. I can do my everyday chores around the house without pain and fatigue. I feel like I am getting more oxygen, I know that sounds crazy but it is true. I can breath better.No stiffness in the mornings. I walk like a normal person again. My hair is falling out more that normal, I don't know if its the simponi , methatrate, or plaquenil. Going to call my doctor about my hair.I am on the drug company's assistance plan. I pay $ 5.00 for the simponi and $55.00 to the infusion center. ( thank god!) Simponi infusion costs $6500.00 with out insurance for 1 infusion. (August 2016, USA) I am 53, I feel better now than I have in 6 years. I have RA. Hope this helps someone decide to try simponi aire."

Ifeelsogood! August 7, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I'm 27, and have had RA for 6 years. I've been on a few medications (Plaquenil, celebrex, methotrexate) to find the best fit for me. I have been taking Simponi injections once a month (as well as 20mg MTX weekly) for 7 months now and I've had great success! Very slight pain in my foot by the end of the month, but nothing like what I've been through before. I exercise regularly and don't have any kind of pain, so happy. The only side effect I've noticed is fatigue, which can be challenging to manage at times, but I also really like naps, so if that's all I have to manage I'm OK with that! My doctor says he's hoping he can start lowering/removing my dose of MTX soon too!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 30, 2016

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "After my wife was taking Simponi for about a year under the direction of her arthritis doctor, she came down with a rare neurological condition called CIDP (chronic inflamatory dimylating polyneurothapy) where she became almost totally paralized . I think that the drug Simponi is very dangerous to take and she still can't walk after 2 years after stopping the drug. She has to take infusions of IVIG gamma globulin every third week to rebuild her nerves after the erosion of the myelin of the nerves took place. This is a very serious side effect that no one has addressed. I am sure that others have had this side effect hit them from taking Simponi. We have spent over $200,000 in medical expenses toward my wife's recovery and will take at lease 1 to 2 more years for her to recover."

Caregiver J July 7, 2016

Simponi Aria (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was dx with sero positive RA nearly 35 years ago and have been on just about every NSAID, dmard, infusion and combinations of these. Simponi Aria along with lefunimide is my current cocktail. While it seems to be keeping my joint pain under control, my fatigue is off the charts and I have lots of body aches, frequent headaches and gastro problems. My bp and glucose levels are also elevated, though I'm not sure if this is due to this medication, or not."

Sfsheehy June 27, 2016

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I'm a 48 year old female that started showing symptoms at age 17, diagnosed at 19 with the HLA-B27 marker. Total hip replacement at 29, chronic chest pain due to fusing. I have tried a butt load of meds over the years, most oral due to lack of insurance (Which thankfully, I now have) which cost me renal failure stage 2 including Methotrexate. I have a Medtronic pain pump and am on Oxycodone currently too. I have tried Enbrel, Humira and now Simponi. Simponi works very well for me WHEN I can get the smart injections to work. "

tc31wizard (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 24, 2016

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Started Simponi in February and so far nothing has changed, still pain, swelling and disease getting worse. I hope you never have a problem with an injection because the people at Jensen who are there to help are clueless."

Occams Zebra April 15, 2016

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Well, I would like to say Simponi has been very effective for me. From my first shot to the sixth the shot I just received this month the Simponi removed my symptons of AS to the point where I feel normal. Before being diagnosed and receiving Simponi I was in pain constantly and taking meds that were basically for gout which what I was being treated for before my diagnosis for AS. One month the doc tried Remicade but it was ineffective for me. The Simponi has given me back normality at least in the sense of physical well-being. It has been wonderful for me and my family as they don't have to worry about helping me when I have symptoms of swelling and pain. In fact I noticed that When i get scratches my wounds even heal faster. Thanks,"

Patrick John (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2016

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I am a male age 28 with RA. I was diagnosed with RA at age 23. I suffer pain primarily in my toes. For a newly married athlete at age 23, the pain from RA and the thought of living the rest of my life crippled with pain - took a huge toll on me. I felt ashamed as a man and as a husband/potential father. Fortunately, I have had great Docs work hard to help me get well. I have been on plaquenil, sulfazalazine, methotrexate, enbrel, cimzia, and simponi. Each med had some positive results but some had harsh negative side effects too. Like many of us- I want to be on as little medicine as possible - but still manage my pain. Simponi has solved my riddle. I am so pleased to be pain free and on only 1 med now - Simponi. Thank you!"

Andygrass (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 17, 2016

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "It seemed to work well for me right from the start. I had been on Remicade previously but I had to quit due to losing my insurance. By the time I went to Simponi I was hurting pretty bad. Unfortunately, it stopped working after a while (18 months) but that has been my personal experience with Biologics. When it worked, it worked well."

Kevin Bx October 12, 2015

Simponi Aria (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had to take Simponi for a brief time due to a change in insurance. I was taking Enbrel previously and was almost symptom free. Simponi did not help my RA at all! I took it once a week for about 8 weeks. I decided to pay the extra monthly expense for the Enbrel!"

Unsatisfied customer September 15, 2015

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I started Simponi on November last year. I started noticing a rash on my face but I never relate it to the use of the med. Two weeks ago my dermatologist told me I have this weird reaction called mucinosis , which when not treated properly can lead to a lymphoma. I was feeling awesome with simponi so far cause the pain of my RA was gone but now I just don't want to use it anymore."

Martinica28 August 8, 2015

Simponi (golimumab) for Spondyloarthritis: "Been on this for 2 and a half months. After the second injection, I went 13 days without taking any Norco or Soma whereas I typically took one a day and two a day respectively. It took a bit to get my insurance to cover it, but I had a severe reaction to Humira allowing me to. Amazingly it seems to work even better than my enbrel at 11 weeks."

gmoro0002 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have now just taken my 4th injection, I'm as bad as I was if not worse than when I was first diagnosed. I can barely walk, have swelling in my toes, feet and ankles, as well as my left knee. Also in my elbows, wrists, hands and fingers ... I have bad psoriasis on my scalp. I don't think this medication is very good at all and have shown no response to the previous 3 doses and this dose I have been nauseous every since taking it .. I was on Humira previously for about 5 years but I stopped responding and Embrel I had really bad reactions too ... Hoping for something new when I go back to specialist end of month"

Piparmaru (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2015

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Works Great"

Joey9876 (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

Simponi Aria (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Amazing. I noticed a difference after my first infusion, So thankful to have the use of my hands back (musician). No side effects at all."

ark drummer June 5, 2015

Simponi (golimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Recent colonoscopy confirmed no active inflammation. Experiencing no side-effects. Painless self-injector administered very 4 weeks. The Only minor difficulties are dealing with the specialty pharmacy and properly disposing of the injectors."

Ohlz (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2015

Simponi Aria (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I think it makes me sad. This was my 3rd dose and I'm almost suicidal."

Anonymous May 17, 2015

Simponi (golimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Had a major flare up back in April that almost lead to emergency Colonectomy. Hospitalized for 19 days straight, was in 2 different hospitals lost about half my bodies blood and 50 lbs over 6 months time. 1st doctor put me on many of the wrong medications as the disease was too severe. Starting out on Lialda, Uceris then up to Remicade which started to work for about a week and then Prednisone which was horrible. When I was in the 2nd hospital I had another Doctor prescribe Simponi and it took a while but is working for sure. I went from 20 times a day of red to 1 - 3 times a day (clear water)."

Backfromthe Brink (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Good for the first 3 years but starting to loose its effectiveness. Very expensive most insurance company refuses to cover the cost. So it's great if you are wealthy or have great insurance."

Texan3 January 11, 2015

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been on Simponi since five years ago. The medicine has been a miracle. I did notice the effect only after one or two weeks. After five years I have started to have increased pain and I think the effect of the medicine is loosing. However, Simponi has changed my life completely. From hard attacked by Bekterew, I have now been running and cycling (100 km) competition for many years."

Frode J (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 7, 2014

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Started taking Simponi in November of 2013. I got full use of one hand back and about 80% on the other in 4 days. I was diagnosed in 2002 and disabled by 2003. I've used Humira, Enbrel, and Remicade all with some success but I continued to get worse. The infusion wears off around 5 to 6 weeks. This last infusion of Simponi was my best yet. My next infusion is tomorrow 6/23/14. Really need it too."

still kickin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2014

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "My rheumatoid arthritis developed about three years ago and was very severe .. very debilitating. Walked at tortoise-pace, couldn't do anything around the house. I've now been on Simponi golimumab prefilled syringes for almost that long, in conjunction with weekly injections of methotrexate and 4 tablets of Pyralin and one Plaquenil daily and really feel back to my old (now nearly 70) self. Can walk, chop wood, even play nine holes of golf again. "

Anthony jhc May 1, 2014

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I have been suffering from ankylosing spondylitis for quite a number of years. In the past 3 years it has become very severe, and has made me feel very ill, thus inhibiting my quality of life. I haven't been able to hold down a long term job because of this arthritis. I took Humira initially which didn't work at all. I then tried Simponi, with quite good results. Morning stiffness and pain throughout the day had been significantly decreased. However it seemed to wear off after around 10 days or so. I bared the usual pain for a week or so, before I injected myself again 3 weeks later, instead of four. Hopefully my specialist will allow me to take it every 2 weeks instead of the usual 4 week injections."

drewblue April 7, 2014