User Reviews for Addyi

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Addyi.

Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
5.2

Summary of Addyi reviews 5.3 5 reviews

Reviews for Addyi

For Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder "Addyi started to work at about the third week of taking it but that only lasted for about a week. I was told it works like an anti depressant and could take up to six weeks to work. I kept taking it, even though my blood pressure dropped. Half way through the third month of taking it I stopped because it was doing nothing at that point and I didn't want to spend the $150.00 every month. After I stopped taking it I developed cysts in my left breast and had to have them surgically removed. Very disappointed"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder "I was a skeptic as well initially but it worked for me. Took it took a couple of days but it started to have an effect on my sex drive."

Jen876 September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder "Why I stopped taking this medicine: 1) didn't increase my sexual desires/thoughts 2) within 30-45 minutes of taking it, I would feel extremely drowsy for the 1-2 weeks, to where I couldn't hardly function. If I was sitting I would fall asleep where I sat. Hubby would wake me up to go to bed and I would feel out of it like I was drunk 3) While it acted like a sleeping pill for me shortly after I took it, I would always wake up between 4-5 hours after taking it and be up the rest of then night. This lasted the first 2-3 weeks. 4) the straw that broke the camels back is around week 3-4 I would get so upset/angry over the smallest issues, I felt more like the Hulk more than anything."

L.c. March 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder "I was a HUGE skeptic but my lack of libido was threatening my marriage. I love my husband enough to give it a go. Within 3 weeks I was astonished. I forgot, literally forgot what it felt like to get horny and only started to remember after Addyi! This medication works!!!!! I now am convinced I had hypo active sexual desire. Despite loving my husband I dreaded sex. Now I enjoy it again and feel the desire that was so lacking. I am a big fan of this medication. I highly recommend it. It's worth a shot if it works as well for you as its working for me."

Ahdi512 July 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder "I've been on Addyi now for 4 weeks and it is working for me! I've went from that dread every time my husband wantedv sex to a great desire for him. I'm finding when I think of sex which I often do now I'm on Addyi, I get a tingling feeling in my libido. We went from sex twice a year to a few times a week and getting better. It has also helped with my depression. The plus is better lubrication and multiple big O's. I only had nausea the 1st day. I normally have high blood pressure but Addyi brought my blood pressure down to normal so I don't have to take blood pressure medication now. Good luck ladies and don't get discouraged because of the media because they don't know what the outcome is because it's new."

DDChickadee (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016