User Reviews for Addyi to treat Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder

Addyi has an average rating of 3.9 out of 10 from a total of 35 ratings for the treatment of Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder. 26% of those users who reviewed Addyi reported a positive effect, while 60% reported a negative effect.

Addyi Rating Summary

3.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder.

9% 3
6% 2
11% 4
6% 2
11% 4
46% 16

Reviews for Addyi

CC February 16, 2021

“This did absolutely nothing for me. I have it 2 months & all it did was make me sleep. Should be a sleeping pill.”

Adb1977 January 23, 2021

“I reached out to my healthcare professional because of low sex drive and found I had a hormone imbalance. After some adjustments with medications I was prescribed Addyi in June 2020, removed off my anti-depressants, and we were hoping that, combined with some testosterone cream would help bring my drive back up to my normal. I took the pill for about 5 months hoping the drunk feeling side effect after taking it would lessen (never did) and my libido would reach more normal for me levels. Although I ended up feeling my libido increase just a little, I then had a new problem: reaching completion without manual assistance, if you catch my drift. There was a 2 week window in December 2020 where my monthly supply of Addyi didn’t get delivered on time and I completely ran out of pills. My experiences were much more pleasant and close to my norm during that window. Now I am wondering if my issues were related to these meds? Who knows, but I will probably stop taking Addyi and going back on anti-depressants instead.”

VoidandAnnoyed December 1, 2020

“I had high hopes for this medication and I did stick with it without missing any dose but after 8 weeks I stopped because I have not had any benefits from this drug.”

Georgia User · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 17, 2020

“Started using Addyi 10/12/2020. I'm 45 year old female, 180 lbs ish. I believe I am at the end of pre-menopause, the stretch between cycles has gotten longer. I have completed one full bottle of the medication. I researched and read many reviews so I started with 1/2 a pill for about a week then progressed to a full pill by the weekend so that my spouse was home to watch me. It is a great sleep aid since menopause causes insomnia. I had no severe side effects that many women shared. I am concerned that I may be more emotional now. As far as libido, I have started to be more interested. I have also been using Vit E suppositories (before and during). I hope to come back again to give an additonal update. If it does not work more by end of the 2nd bottle, I will stop.”

AccurateLady88 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2020

“Suffered from HSDD for many years. Happy marriage of 15 years otherwise; I would change nothing. We are best friends and travel the world together. I was physically present at the FDA in Silver Spring, MD when this was approved and cried happy tears. I was almost one of the ones interviewed but I chickened out. Fought with my doctor to prescribe it. It was covered by my insurance. I took Addyi religiously for 4 months all the while abstaining from alcohol. It did absolutely NOTHING! No change in heart rate, no dry mouth, no dizziness and sadly still no libido. My disappointment was great. I reallllly wanted it to work for me but I’m happy it worked for some others.”

KRB November 3, 2020

“I experienced a rare and serious side affect of Addyi; severe shortness of breath, dizzyness, and racing heart. It started about two weeks after I began taking Addyi, and I didn't make the connection to my new medication. I assumed it was COVID-19, took a week off work, and had 2 negative COVID tests. Long story short, after another week of struggling to breathe in the mornings that was continuing to get worse, I googled "Addyi shortness of breath". I had previously googled "Addyi side effects" and shortness of breath wasn't listed. Turns out, it IS a side affect. So is a rash, which explains the rash on the back of my hand. Additionally, it can have a drug interaction with TWO medications I am on: Buspirone and SSRI's, aka the antidepressant class my Lexapro falls under. I should never have been prescribed Addyi, and the telehealth pharmacist I was referred to by the Addyi website should have known that. I told the guy every medication I'm on, including dose and time of day.”

Travis · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 20, 2020

“It doesn't work, if it does it's not noticeable.”

Matty13 · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2020

“I just want to start off by saying everyone is different so don't read all the bad reviews and freak out because I almost didn't take it because that. I was scared I was going to pass out in my sleep ”

sb June 28, 2020

“I have been taking Addyi for 7 weeks. Before Addyi I had a hard time falling asleep and couldn't wake up in the morning. I was always tired. I did experience nightime dizziness for the first week and it makes me drowsy or relaxed. Now I fall asleep easily and wake up much earlier in the morning and feel alert and awake. No more wasted days of sleeping half the day and having no energy to do anything. I feel like Addyi has given me my life back. The sexual improvement is subtle. I'm not obsessed with sex but I am no longer repulsed by it and I no longer have dryness issues. I have social anxiety and am still unsure if Addyi has made that better or worse. I may be more anxious than before, but the episodes pass more quickly. The telemed provider can be difficult to deal with. My ins covers Addyi as long as a form is submitted by the doctor. I had to fight with them to get the paperwork filled out. Took 3 tries, but its finally taken care of and Im only paying my $20 monthly copay now.”

Olivia June 15, 2020

“Do you enjoy passing out? Do you like receiving multiple calls from Sprout Pharmaceuticals? I was on Addyi for just two weeks and my heart rate was dangerously low. I felt lightheaded every time I stood up and came close to passing out a couple of times, and felt like I was going to pass out while driving. I am not a person who passes out or gets lightheaded. My primary care doctor advised me to discontinue the it. I didn’t drink AT ALL while taking this med. I didn’t want to be charged for another month, so I called the number and told them I’d like to discontinue. Since then, sprout has contacted me FIVE TIMES asking questions about my adverse reaction. Same questions every time - did you drink alcohol? Do you have a preexisting condition? Did you take any other medications than what we have on file? Do you have the batch number on the bottle? I don’t know if their employees can’t keep records straight or don’t communicate, but it’s nearly harassment at this point.”

BigBrightBlueJai · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2020

“So I'm at the end of the week 1 with Addyi. My insurance approved the medical necessity of it. I'm currently in Prozac 40 in the morning and Addyi at night. Everyone seems to be complaining about sleeping too much with this medication. I'm not experiencing sleepiness at all. In fact in order to get some half way decent sleep I'm occasionally having to take a unisom. I did get wet while having sex with hubby last night. I guess that's a plus. We shall see how I do as time goes on.”

kcol99 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 1, 2020

“Such a scam. Only a 'doctor' calling you to push the drugs on you and then leave you 0 contact information. They push you to do 3 months, then require you to redo the process over 3 months and pay again. I have had 0 positive results, only felt worse. They lead you on a merry go round of who to contact. Place the blame on 'your body' or the pharmacy.”

Notstimulated · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 17, 2020

“I signed up for a free 2 month trial with this company. As soon as my second refill was due, they said they were not going to honor the agreement. The Addyi does not work. It only made me sleepy, nothing more. I decided that I would pay the $99.00 to give the drug a fair 2-month trial. NOTHING... changed. I do not recommend this nonsense.”

Ellie April 12, 2020

“DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION! You’ll read some amazing reviews, but I urge you to read the bad ones as well, because they’re all legitimate. This drug was actually pulled off the market once before. Addyi is so incredibly dangerous. From day one I felt different. I was drowsy all day for the two months I was on it. On top of that, the dizziness and headaches were nearly unbearable. Driving was terrifying because half the time I couldn’t see very well. But of course I would do anything for my husband. Finally I visited my doctor and explained it to her. My RESTING heart rate was at 140 bpm. (I’m 23, and weigh 110 lbs, and am very healthy). She was furious and shocked that this Addyi company didn’t have full disclosures of all the side effects. She had to give me an injection to get rid of the headaches. I had to miss 5 days of work before the more serious side effects went away. It took another week for the drowsiness to stop. Save yourself the money and the pain.”

NLK · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2020

“Don’t use this. Terrible customer service. Incompetent “doctors” that cannot answer questions. Most likely a placebo anyway.”

NLK March 24, 2020

“Don't get ripped off by this company! I did a paid consult with a dr on 2/18. They found I was eligible and said that it will take 8 weeks to get into my system and that I cannot miss a dose They were offering a free 2 mo trial. I spoke to a rep and they said after the 2 months, it would be $25. On 3/17 I received a text from them at 9am that my new prescription was on its way. By the 3/23 I still didn't receive it and was already out. I called that day and it was NOT sent out and the promotion expired and I would have to charge the $25. That was against what was promised and I would be starting all over again because I would miss doses. I wrote to Sprout Pharma and they responded that everything changed THAT DAY on the 3/17 right after they sent that text, that they didn't talk to my insurance and wasn't even sure what my co-pay would be (although day 1 I was told $25 and yesterday I was also told $25). So basically, the company is a huge rip off.I wished I read reviews before trying.”

Rae Rae · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2020

“Within the first 2 hours of taking Addyi my hands and feet went numb, shortness of breath, blood pressure drop was drastic. My body temperature dropped and then the panic attack set in the that lasted on and off for 4 hours. It felt like a severe hangover and food poisoning together. I would not recommend this medication to anyone!!!!!!! Do your research!!!!”

Jan · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

“I had a lot of bad side effects from this drug. I took it for two days. I had breathing problems, made me extremely dizzy and gave me panic attacks. I felt really weird.”

TennisBarbie · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

“I’ve been in Addyi for three weeks. Puts me to sleep, HARD! I even woke up with jaw pain from grinding all night. I ended up investing in a mouth guard. I’m having very lucid dreams. I’m really enjoying sleeping that profoundly- but I MUST make sure I get a full 8 hours of sleep or I wake up very tired. Placebo? Maybe. Whatever it is, I can honestly say that my husband is very happy, and so am I. I haven't noticed any mood swings or mood changes- maybe because I’m sleeping so much? I'm going to stay on it and see what happens in the next few weeks on my free trial.”

Jen · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2020

“Did not work for me :( . Tried for entire 8 weeks and no improvement.”

Jb · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2020

“I have been taking this medication for almost 7 weeks with absolutely no results. Only dry mouth. I am very disappointed.”

Ber · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2019

“Have been on for a little over 2 weeks. Puts you right to sleep which was cool. free for 8 weeks to get, also cool. I've been crying about everything though, angry, and ridiculously anxious. Jaw pain?, Dry mouth, constipation. Didn't help my sex drive but I'm not going to continue to see if it kicks in, in a few weeks. Not worth it. Was so hopeful for this and am so disappointed.”

Sarah November 13, 2019

“I used to be a very sexual person with my husband but my libido dropped to nothing after breastfeeding. I started Addyi with the hope of improving my sex drive. After two weeks, I did notice a definite difference. I was occasionally genuinely aroused now, which was good, but the biggest change was that my ability to orgasm is back to normal! However, it has impacted my sleep. It does have a sedative effect within 15 mins of taking it, and I will go right to sleep. That part is nice. BUT I wake up suddenly from 4-7am and cannot fall back asleep. If I have the day off, I can go back to sleep at 7am and sleep for another couple hours. I’m currently on week 4. If the sleep issue doesn’t go away by week 6, I am going to stop the medication. Also, like other reviewers say, I do think I have a “shorter fuse” on the drug, and sometimes I am more angry than I would normally be. But that could also be from not getting good sleep for several nights in a row.”

Dd · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 21, 2019

“I used it. I even drank alcohol (wine) every night after first couple of nights. First I waited a couple of hrs after drinking then I took it while drinking. Rt. Before bed of course. It didn't affect me at all (alcohol). It only made me sleepy. NEVER DID MY BP GO DOWN OR DID I FEEL LIKE PASSING OUT, AND I'M AN EMT. It helped very little. I won't pay $600 after 2 mth free trial. Not worth it!! INS. DOES NOT COVER IT!!!”

Lisa September 6, 2019

“I know that usually the people that review things are those that have negative results, so I wanted to make sure that women in my shoes gave this a shot. Addyi has given me back my libido completely. My sweet husband has been so patient with me for years now - I dreaded his advances- I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to want/desire intimacy again. It’s absolutely the best thing ever! Thank you! Addyi!!! and my husband thanks you!”

Learn more about Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder