User Reviews for CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser has an average rating of 1.0 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings on Drugs.com. 0% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 100% reported a negative experience.

Dry Skin

Zah · Taken for less than 1 month · August 31, 2020

For Dry Skin "I used this product for about 2 weeks, eventually stopped because I experienced more redness of the skin and what seemed like breakouts, that was inflamed. I decided to try it back a few days ago, thinking maybe it gets bad before it gets good, again the same issues. Really thought this product was best for my skin, since it's made up of mostly everything to use for dry or dehydrated skin."

oh no · Taken for less than 1 month · March 8, 2019

For Dry Skin "Used once. Almost immediate allergic reaction with rash, low blood pressure, high pulse, and tight throat. Don't know the ingredient causing it though."

siriusalien · Taken for less than 1 month · July 3, 2014

For Dry Skin "Used it for 2 days: itching, redness that turned to burning rash. Suspect it is the glycerin. May be soy derived. "

Anonymous · August 4, 2020

"Used CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser for half a week, and a few days after experienced extremely chapped lips. After a few more days passed I experienced swelling, peeling, and a numb like feeling."

Rkr · August 28, 2021

For Dry Skin "I am over 50 with dry ageing skin. I read how great Cerave was supposed to be for ageing skin. It burned me. I have red patches around my eyes and mouth, and will never touch the product again."

Ruth · Taken for less than 1 month · November 7, 2022

For Dry Skin "Broke out in a rash on my neck, cheek and eyelids after using a few times."

More about CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (emollients topical)

Patient resources