User Reviews for CeraVe Facial Moisturizing to treat Dry Skin

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing has an average rating of 2.5 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Dry Skin. 17% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 83% reported a negative effect.

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Rating Summary

2.5/10 average rating

Compare all 101 medications used in the treatment of Dry Skin.

Altari · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2019

“I bought this cream with hopes of replacing an oil I was using that seemed to be clogging my pores. I applied the lotion before I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning my entire face was swollen and burned with a rash. I would NOT recommend this product. I have discontinued use of the cream however an still trying to get my skin back to its natural state.”

Haz · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2019

“I've been hearing about CeraVe for a long time and decided to switch my face moisturizer. After 2 weeks my face started to sting. I figured I would give it some time because I was introducing something new to my body but it continued for over a month until I finally had to stop. The stinging continued for 2 weeks after I discontinued use. I had to switch back to my old moisturizer. I was really hoping CeraVe would work but I guess one of the ingredients was too strong.”

mltb January 25, 2014

“Used CeraVe moisturizer lotion on face and neck. Within 20 minutes skin extremely red and burning. I believe the ingredient "niacinamide" is the culprit. I have used retinoids for years without any problems.”

Kay · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2018

“I have heard amazing things about this product, but my face however did not like it. This product broke me out in hives, and scared my face. I have splotches of red marks and dry skin. My face looks like a cat scratched it all up. When I touch the area it burns. Most of the burn like scratches are under my eyes cheeks and nose.”

ReallyUpsetMom · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2018

“My daughter tried this per her dermatologist. First 2 times it didn’t bother her except she thought another product for blackheads might be causing some stinging. Third time she used it (it was the only thing put on her face after showering with products she has used for years) went to class, and by 4-5 hours later she had horrible awful redness especially around and under her eyes, and it feels like a sunburn. Washed face, has splashed it several times, & waiting to see if an ER visit will be necessary. Wish I could post a pic of what this stuff caused- it is very scary & she is away at college. Thank God there is a roommate there who could help in an emergency. Internet research reveals quite a few irritation reactions and a number affecting eyes.”

Jean · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2021

“I decided to try Cerave because I suffer from eczema on my face and I tend to have dry patches of skin. I used this product the morning I got it and my face immediately became irritated. I had red itchy patches all over my face, especially on my eyelids, that felt hot to the touch. Its like my face was burning and it actually made it MORE DRY. I finally decided to wash my face a couple times with my normal cleanser and use my normal moisturizer. It felt a little better after that but is still itchy and red, my only relief right now is an ice pack. I am hoping within a couple days it will subside. Horrible product.”

CC · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 10, 2021

“I’ve used CeraVe Moisturizing cream for a while. I went to purchase another and noticed the container was 4oz less than my last 16oz I purchased and the same price. I would think with all the negative reviews I’ve read that you would not be raising the price so significantly. I put it back and chose another brand. I annoys me when this happens!!”

kaj May 3, 2018

“bought for moisturiser for face and it broke out my skin in sore pimples. I am 62 and had no problems before using this product. I have stopped using and skin has cleared up”

Karenlv03 May 18, 2017

“I was using the eye cream and the face moisturizer within a few days my eyes and cheeks felt like they were on fire and they were red very red. I do not recommend this product.”

Learn more about Dry Skin

More about CeraVe Facial Moisturizing (emollients topical)

Other brands