User Reviews for Aveeno to treat Dry Skin

Aveeno has an average rating of 3.7 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Dry Skin. 11% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 56% reported a negative experience.

Aveeno rating summary

3.7/10 average rating

Compare all 66 medications used in the treatment of Dry Skin.

Helladog · Taken for 2 to 5 years · May 4, 2020

“Since this product has so many bad reviews, I felt the need to share my positive experience. I've tried many good, dermatologist recommended products, such as Crave, Cetaphyl, Rich Pose, etc. Aveeno unscented is the only lotion or cream that doesn't end up irritating my skin.”

kitty · Taken for less than 1 month · January 25, 2020

“After a few days of minor itching on my arms after using Aveeno I awoke with a severe rash on areas of my body where I had applied this lotion. It cost me a sleepless night a trip to the doctor, medication and days of itching.”

LA · April 23, 2021

“Used on my 12 month old who has eczema. This totally inflamed him! He had a severe reaction to it when I put it on His skin was dry when I decided to try the Aveeno baby (that’s recommended for eczema) This made his skin raw and looked like a third degree burn on his face!”

Great for Soothing · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 7, 2017

“I'm currently battling a severe case of eczema and Aveeno Sensitive Skin has been the only thing to help soothe my skin. It doesn't last for long but I've found that it works better than most other things I've tried, including prescription medications.”

Helen C · Taken for 5 to 10 years · June 8, 2022

“I have been using Aveeno ezcema cream for my face for 8 years, recommended to all my friends and family. It was perfect, until I have developed rashes and hives, sensitive and bumpy, oozing and flaking skin JUST on the face. It has been a whole year and got better recently and without realizing it may be aveeno, I've decided to put it on again and it immediately gave me back the rashes and oozing again. This needs to be put off shelves.”

TroyFlippo · June 14, 2015

“improves the softness of your skin but caused a terrible rash, and itched like crazy.”

Micky · Taken for less than 1 month · March 8, 2018

“As another reviewer commented - softened my skin but ended up with a rash head to toe. Very disappointing”

Beblonde · February 11, 2018

“After five hours my lips started to blister. I felt burning and itching. I thought I found a natural product for my sensitivity. Back to the drawing board”

Hildy · Taken for 1 to 2 years · May 7, 2020

“Is excellent for healthy skin but don’t recommend for dry+ skin. I’d give it a 5/10 points.”

Learn more about Dry Skin

More about Aveeno (emollients topical)

Patient resources