User Reviews for Elderberry

Also known as: Sambucol

Herbal Supplementation
9.8

Buddyboy · Taken for 2 to 5 years · April 30, 2020

Sambucol (elderberry) for Herbal Supplementation: “At the onset of a cold or flu, small doses of Elderberry syrup 2x seem to lessen the symptoms and duration by one half, if caught early. With no side effects and interactions, Elderberry syrup is our family's go to when needed.”

Joey · Taken for 5 to 10 years · December 28, 2020

Sambucol (elderberry) for Herbal Supplementation: “I’ve been using Elderberry regularly for five years or so. Particularly around flu season and especially now with the Covid virus. I have yet to have so much as a cold, despite family being ill. I do not take a flu shot! I know of two exposures of Covid to myself indirectly, but directly to my husband. We both remain well and healthy well after the “incubation” period! Not only is this dependable immune system booster, but an antiviral, antibacterial as well!! Highly recommended!!”

CJC · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · January 7, 2021

Sambucol (elderberry) for Herbal Supplementation: “Since taking Elderberry juice/syrup everyday, my cholesterol and triglycerides have significantly decreased. I could never take fish oil capsules, so I am thrilled with this result and so was my doctor.”

Mil · Taken for less than 1 month · September 11, 2019

For Herbal Supplementation: “I was taking Elderberry for influenza along with other prescription meds. My eczema went away after 1 week but returned when I stopped it. I restarted it for another week. Eczema has not returned in several months. I think I took the bottle recommended dose twice daily.”

HealthWealthJoy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 19, 2022

For Herbal Supplementation: “I have always battled cold sores and cankers. Once I get a canker or cold sore it takes a week or so to get rid of and the pain from cankers/cold sores can be brutal. I spent my time using numbing agents to be able to eat at times when the pain was like a burning sensation. I tried anti-bacterial mouthwash, brushing more, and other dental products to no avail. I read about low B12 levels can be a cause and I supplemented B12 (methylcobalamin) for weeks and still do with no difference (feel mentally and physically better though!), next I tried L-Lysine and as the bottle reads it's specifically helpful for cold sores and cankers. I took 1 g daily up to 4 g daily over 6 months and once again, no effect. I tried high dose vitamin c and still didn't get any relief at all. Lastly I tried elderberry capsules (two 400mg capsules) and the pain stopped within an hour (I was in awe) and the sore was gone by day 3. 2 months later and still no mouth sores. 10/10”

More about elderberry