User Reviews for Vaniqa

Hirsutism
8.3

Summary of Vaniqa reviews 8.3 63 reviews

Reviews for Vaniqa

For Hirsutism "I swear by Vaniqa. It totally works for me but I have been notified upon trying to renew my prescription, that it will not be available until December 2018. I can’t believe this is happening. The first thing that has worked for me and now it’s unavailable. I’ll have a full grown beard by December."

Boomer (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 25, 2018

For Hirsutism "This has changed my life. Have been using it for a week and already I have noticed a huge improvement in my facial hair. I previously had to tweezer for an hour or so every day and it has already cut down to a few minutes every other day. I hope the results will continue to improve. So happy!"

Topmarks (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

For Hirsutism "It has helped slow hair little bit which is the only reason I have given it any stars. I have to be honest I am disappointed in this. It has caused hair to grow under my skin and it is always visible. It also dried my skin out and my chin and neck look worse than when I didn't use this. Less hair but bumps, blotches, dark spots and permanent stubble. Giving up on it after this tube."

AlbaS (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

For Hirsutism "I have suffered with excessive hair growth on my chin for more than 10 years, I was tweezing in the morning then by the end of the day I was having to tweeze again! I have tried all sorts of things to remove it in the past but nothing has worked. I started using this cream 4 weeks ago and after 2 weeks I was disappointed as I thought it was not doing anything but now after 4 weeks I have never felt so smooth, I am not plucking just the odd one or two, I’m excited to see what it will be like after the expected 8 weeks as I am so much happier already. This really is amazing and I have had no side effects. I bought the cream online as I have spoken to the doctors numerous times about it and they have never helped, but now I know this works I will try and get it from them in future. I really hope that if you try it you are as happy as me with the results :)"

Mrs D (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

For Hirsutism "This cream has saved my life. I have always suffered from excess facial hair despite normal hormone levels. I used to spend hours plucking and the self-consciousness was ruining my life. I use this cream religiously twice a day and I swear, I could go a month without plucking and would be fine! I do still have a faint 'moustache shadow', but I am hoping this will fade over time. This is worth every penny."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

For Hirsutism "I have been using this for years. It works. I am out and guess what? The manufacturer will not be making it again until September due to no active ingredient available. How in the hell is that possible? You have a patent. You are the only maker of this drug in the USA and you cannot supply it. I am distraught about this. What am I supposed to do now? What are all these women supposed to do?"

Pissed off woman (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 1, 2018

For Hirsutism "I used Vaniqa for a very long time but I still had some hairs that were resistant to it. It has priced itself out of my fixed income range. Personally I believe it is ridiculous for a Company to charge $197.00 for a 4 oz. tube of medication. That is just plain highway robbery when they know they are the only one out there. I have something new I am using that is much cheaper! After all this time it seems a generic is due!"

Grandmacindy (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 21, 2018

For Hirsutism "I'm thrilled with this product. After using for 6 weeks I have gone 7 days without have to remove facial hair. I have blond hair so hence laser wouldn't work for me. After going through the menopause I was having to pluck almost daily, I was staggered at the speed the hair was growing. I heard about this product googling methods of hair removal, and found out it was available on prescription in the UK. I went to my GP, thinking I would have to beg to get it prescribed as it's very expensive. My GP was extremely sympathetic and happily agreed, and wished me good luck, as I believe sadly it doesn't work for everyone. I really hope more and ladies hear about this product. Absolute life saver!!"

Soft cell December 12, 2017

For Hirsutism "I've been using this for over three months now, and I'm delighted with it. I've tried almost everything else on the market during the last 30 years, none of which have worked as well as this. After two weeks I was ready to be disappointed but it gradually started to work. Yes, it's expensive (a tube lasts about 9 weeks), but it's worth every penny to see the hair growth almost disappear. I still have to use a no-no (hair removal system) once a week and occasionally the tweezers, but the difference is remarkable. To feel a smooth chin and upper lip is just great!"

LondonJB December 3, 2017

For Hirsutism "I am using this cream for 4 weeks but I haven't seen any difference. Need check few more days for results I guess."

Anonymous November 29, 2017

For Hirsutism "I have been using vaniqa for about 9 weeks now I can say this cream is absolutely life changing it has faded my dark patches I used to shave twice a day now I'm plucking out the odd few hair it's boosted back my confidence"

Anonymous October 13, 2017

For Hirsutism "Not sure if it's working either, following directions for how $$ it is. I use to do Electrolysis which didn't do much either; she said not to pluck b/c it would reopen the now cauterized blood supply for the hair follicle; but idk if I should pluck for the $$ cream to get to the follicle? I also have to apply it to my "happy trail" and around my nipples my Doc said it's ok to use there. I'm applying rubbing alcohol to clean it better?? ALSO I apply to my beard minus rub alcohol SO I have to be very sparingly w/it. I also tried for a rebate, >:[ , not fair, not covered by insurance..coupon ideas any one. Are there generics and do they work?"

Blueocean4615* (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2017

For Hirsutism "I've used it on and off, and I definitely see slowed hair growth. The only problem I have is that it slows growth, it doesn't remove. This results in hair coming out "just a little bit", i.e., very, very short hairs, which are not so much seen as felt. And they're very hard to remove because so short (and I only use Tweezerman!) It actually takes me longer to pluck the short stunted growth hairs than the full grown hairs. Oh, well. I'm hoping that once I do get them, they won't grow back and I'll be on my way to a smooth chin!!"

Amnesty1 September 6, 2017

For Hirsutism "I started this med 3 DAYS AGO!!!! I haven't shaved since. Chin and upper lip are still smooth. I was shaving daily. I was thinking surely this isn't working that quickly. For me, so far it's working! Life changing indeed!"

Carwin62 August 29, 2017

For Hirsutism "I haven't used it yet (hope it will get rid of the demoralizing appearance of increasingly coarse and numerous white hairs scattered on upper lip and chin !) I'm writing before I try it And BTW I find it VERY annoying that I'm not eligible for the $70 rebate through the company because I'm on Medicare. Why?? I'm paying for it completely out of pocket! This is weird and completely unfair. There isn't even a # to call or email to send to them to complain."

C'est moi (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2017

For Hirsutism "I have been using Vaniqa for many years and it has effectively decreased amount of my chin and lip facial hair, which formerly required painful monthly waxings. I only need to tweeze a couple of long chin hairs per month now -- easily accomplished. Very little cream required for thin, effective twice a day applications. Once had a bit of inflammation but I lowered amount of cream applied. Problem is the cost -- now $181 at Costco and more at pharmacy for a tube that lasts 3-4 months. Used to pay $50 for a tube half the size."

Elsasol (taken for 10 years or more) July 31, 2017

For Hirsutism "I started using this product about a month ago and I started seeing results immediately! I suffered from coarse chin hair and would often get ingrown hairs that led to scarring from constant tweezing and irritation. I barley have to tweeze anymore and when I do the hairs are thin and come out very easy. I do not know if this product has skin lightening agents in it but I have also noticed that my scarring has faded as well! After suffering for years and not being able to leave the house without make-up I am happy to say that because of this product I am starting g to feel confident in my own skin again! I absolutely would recommend this product to anyone who could use it. I am consistent with applying twice a day and am very happy with it!"

Ashley8500 July 12, 2017

For Hirsutism "Because of PCOS my chin hairs were getting to the point they were dark and long and I swear if I didn't pluck every other day I would have a full beard. "

Dachshund lover (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2017

For Hirsutism "I've been using this product for about a 1 1/2 month and I use it twice a day but it has slowed down the hair growth only if I'm taking my prescription meds but other than that I haven't seen a change yet. I will keep using it until its gone or my next dr appt on 8/25/2017 but if it doesn't work like I hoped so I will just have to do laser hair removal."

PamPooh (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2017

For Hirsutism "What can I say but Thank God ! I've suffered from basically a full beard for over 30 years , having to shave daily , twice if I was going out in the evening . I've been using Vaniqa for nearly 4 weeks and the growth has slowed considerably . My GP in West Sussex couldn't prescribe due to the Practice having a 'black flag' on this ?? He wanted to but just wasn't able "

SLou (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2017

For Hirsutism "Having had extremely dark facial hair all my life and having tried just about everything on the market, I decided to give vaniqa a go. I was so unbelievably surprised to see a noticeable difference within 3 weeks! My hair growth had slowed down and some hair follicles looked faint compared to before. I've now been using it for 6 months and can honestly say that it's the best thing I've ever tried. From having to remove my facial hair every 3rd day, I can now go 2 full weeks without having to remove it. This has made me so much more confident about my face. I no longer feel like people are staring at my facial hair when talking to me. The hair growth has not only slowed down but in some areas, it hasn't come back. A God send!"

Mandy Kaur (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

For Hirsutism "I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome with very extreme hair growth. For instance, I got a haircut 3 weeks ago to above chin length, and it already grew back to a short ponytail. I have tried about every hair removal method there is, but it's tricky because some just plain don't work on me, and each place on the body has a different growth pattern. Anyway, suffice to say I shave my face much more often than my husband has to shave his. So I didn't mind spending $150 for less than 2 oz of cream. It's not supposed to show a difference until at least 4 or 8 weeks in. But within 3 days it was brutally clear that the hair was coming in much faster, thicker and unable to be removed. I stopped the cream and within a few days was back to normal growth"

hairrysob (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2016

For Hirsutism "I have had problems with facial hair since my mid-20's. I am now 54.This medication has been LIFE-CHANGING. Have tried electrolysis and laser. Both work, but only for a limited time as the professionals who do this have told me that NEW hair follicles darken and cause problems, even though the hair follicles they have treated are dead. I have plucked "forever" causing hairs to get courser, causing nearly constant break-outs on my chin from in-grown hairs. Bottom line: It took about 4 weeks to notice a big difference. I use on chin and upper lip. Changed the amount and texture of hair. Excellent product! I no longer obsess about my facial hair."

SSRS July 24, 2016

For Hirsutism "I am 86 years old and have been using Vaniqa for one year with excellent results and no bad side effects. Prior to this, I had electrolysis treatments every 2 - 3 weeks for over two years with no end in sight. My excess hair problem is on the upper lip and chin area and though my electrolysist was well certified, the problem persisted (although treatments in my early 30's had been successful). I strongly encourage anyone considering this product to give it a try - it has changed/improved my life beyond measure."

G.E. July 14, 2016

For Hirsutism "I have been using this cream (which my GP fought for on the NHS, UK) for about 12 years. I had always had a lot of blonde facial hair but, following menopause and stopping HRT at age 60, I began to grow a full beard, face and neck. The dermatologist first suggested waxing, a task which my husband performed for me. This worked for a short time, after which I noticed stubble the day after waxing. I had my androgens (male hormones) checked and indeed had too many. They can be countered by estrogen but, since I have breast cancer 8/8 estrogen positive, this was not an option. Finally and in desperation I begged the dermatologist for another solution and Voila! Vaniqa! I still pluck some stubborn whiskers every day and losing weight helps."

Hairybeast (taken for 10 years or more) June 20, 2016