User Reviews for Vaniqa

Hirsutism 7.7

Reviews for Vaniqa

Bonzo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 29, 2020

For Hirsutism: “Worked on facial hair, however I also started to have heavy fall out from the hair on my head. It may have been coincidental but it was enough to make me stop using the cream.”

delle · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 11, 2020

For Hirsutism: “My chin hair was getting worse and worse. I used to wax once every 2 weeks and suddenly I was waxing twice a week and tweezing every day in between. I've had a lot of success with Vaniqa. So far I've used it for 5 weeks, I use it twice a day right after washing my face and drying it, then I apply the cream and rub it in well and leave it for 5 to ten minutes before applying any other products on top. I've seen a huge improvement, my hair is so thin and fine now and barely grows. The hair that does grow is removed extremely easily vs my previous stubborn hairs. I'm so grateful for this product, it is expensive but one tube could easily last 3 months.”

Anonymous May 21, 2020

For Hirsutism: “Worked well until the shortage! Totally non effective now! I’m going back to the generic I used while it was not available”

Joyce · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 3, 2020

For Hirsutism: “I had used vaniqua for 5 years and it worked beautiful. No shaving anymore . Then it went off the market for some time and came back . I ordered it again and it appears it doesn't work like the old fomulation. I have used it for 4 months now and no results. I am so heartbroken because it was the only treatment that worked for me in the past. Please if anyone has something that is working for them .. please leave a message on here. I will really appreciate it ”

Adi · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2020

For Hirsutism: “Hi there! I have recently started applying Vaniqa (3weeks now) to my chin since PCOS has affected me greatly in unwanted hair growth. I am only writing to you now because I truly believe in this product, the redness from plucking is almost gone since there hasn't been much need for plucking as much. I do still pluck every day unfortunately but not to the extreme amount I was at one point. By far Vaniqa is the only thing that has helped, I have been on spirolactone, birth control, plucking and even bleaching.”

T April 2, 2020

For Hirsutism: “Tried Vaniqa for the hairs on my chin and am absolutely dissatisfied! Very expensive but no results! What more can I say? I’m angry that my dermatologist prescribed it.”

Luxie February 17, 2020

For Hirsutism: “I’ve been using Vaniqa for over 15 years. Before the recent shortage I found it to work wonderfully. I have dark coarse hairs growing in my chin area, but when I used Vaniqa I didn’t have to shave often. Furthermore, I only had to use Vaniqa once or twice a week for it to be effective. I’d usually put it on in the evening before going to bed one or two nights a week and that was enough. When the shortage happened and I couldn’t get Vaniqa, I resorted to electrolysis. When Vaniqa finally came back on the market I thought I would stop electrolysis and just go back to using the cream. WRONG. I don’t know what they’ve done to Vaniqa but it does not work as effectively as before. I use it daily and I still have to shave everyday and I have that 5 o’clock shadow! Given how expensive it is (I’ve always paid for it out-of-pocket), I cant justify spending so much and getting no results. I’m going back to electrolysis.”

Sweet pea · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2020

For Hirsutism: “My last BF told me I look good in a certain light. And he was right. Had white hair all over my face, peach fuss, strong hair on my chin and upper lips. A stubble and I thread. Not any more ! It feels great ”

Kay m January 8, 2020

For Hirsutism: “Today makes exactly one month for me on Vaniqa. I read a lot of reviews, so promised myself I would come back and write one. Long story short, it DOES make a difference. I didn't notice results in days, like a saw a few people say, took a good 3 weeks. But I went from shaving my face (upper lip, sides of face, chin and parts of neck) DAILY, to being able to go 3, maybe 4 days without shaving. Although I can FEEL some hair when I go this long, the hair is never long enough to be visible. It has cut down on the razor burn on my neck tremendously. It is definitely pricey - $130 for one bottle, but I have enough for one more month, if not 1.5/2 more months left in there. So that makes it a little more manageable to afford, no way could I do $130 every month. I had a bit of mild stinging the first 2/3 weeks, but nothing unbearable and it went away. My hair is black and coarse and it worked for me! I was skeptical but glad I tried it. Plan to come back in another month and update.”

Cece · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2020

For Hirsutism: “Great product I saw results quickly and effectively plus I had no horrible side effects. I’m extremely happy with the product and I’ll keep using it. The setbacks are you will need a prescription and it’s costly.”

Tee · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2019

For Hirsutism: “Okay so I've been using this cream for about maybe 2 weeks tops. I was a little worried that I would spend $178 for this cream and it wouldn't work. But I was desperate at this point. I sucked it up and paid for it. I usually shave morning and night before this cream. I usually shave before work and by the end of my shift (8 HOURS) the hair would grow back. This cream is A LIFE SAVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only have to shave ONCE A DAY and the hair on my face is not thick like before. Its only been 2 weeks. Can't wait to see what the process is by the end of the month. I was getting really depressed over this hair growth but this stuff is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Lee lee · Taken for less than 1 month August 13, 2019

For Hirsutism: “I've been using Vaniqa for about two weeks I haven't seen a change yet a few spots I suffer very bad from hair on my chin, side burns and upper lip I have polycystic ovaries which causes the hair growth and its very coarse, grows every minute so I have to shave nearly everyday. I'm hoping it does work and I've read some comments on here I am very surprised to hear the amount that some of you are paying. Here in Dublin in the medical card its only €2.00 I'm shocked that you all have to pay such ridiculous amounts compared to what I have to pay. I hope it works mine is Vaniqa eflornithine 11.5 cream and 60gm”

Jen · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 27, 2019

For Hirsutism: “I have been using Vaniqa for just over 4 weeks now. I was plucking my upper lip/chin/neck every single day. This was causing my skin in these areas to be red, irritated, and PIH on my upper lip. As you can imagine, my self esteem was affected negatively. In the 4 weeks, I can see a major difference in not only the frequency of having to remove hair, but the hair itself. The hair comes in finer, lighter, and easier to remove. I now pluck once every 1-2 weeks. I use it with Meladerm on my upper lip for the hyperpigmentation. I have not noticed any scalp hair loss - the only side effect I have experienced is small, acne in the area where I apply it, but that was only in the beginning. It works, you just have to be patient! The only reason I give it 8 stars is because of the price. It's not covered with my insurance. It's a shame that this company charges so much for a medicine that helps women seeking an answer for a very embarrassing condition when they are the only company to make it.”

Par June 27, 2019

For Hirsutism: “Changed my life I had hair all over my chin. (Almost 100) I started seeing results in almost 2 weeks. now I pluck 5-10 in a week or so. I had marks all over my chin cos of continuous plucking and my skin has greatly improved I only gave it a 9 instead of 10 because of the cost and lack of availability I don't mind paying for the cream cos of it's benefits but it is hardly available. I live in Melbourne and they don't supply to Aussie anymore. so I get compounded from a pharmacist who charges me 2x which is very expensive. as I am using only for my chin, the cream lasts me close to 2 months. Worth every penny though, brought back my self confidence FYI- I spent a lot on laser with no results other than increased hairgrowth”

Lou · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2019

For Hirsutism: “This stuff is absolutely amazing!!!!! After a week of using I barely have any patches left to shave after doing so for around 10 years! Only been using it a month and cannot wait to see how much better it gets in time, I did have some slight burning and lots of spots for the first 10 days of using it but both have really settled down and to be honest if i had more time to just wait a little after shaving before applying it probably wouldn't burn so bad Inthe first place so definitely wait around 20 minutes after removing hair to apply”

Dani M · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 12, 2019

For Hirsutism: “I had been on bio identical hormone replacement pellets in which the high dosage of testosterone gave me dark, thick hairs on my chin and thicker hairs above my lip. I changed to a new doctor and using hormone creams instead. He prescribed this for me mentioning it will stop the hair growth. I've been on it now for almost three months and it has done nothing but irritate my top lip. I have reddish skin now above my lip almost like a mild burn marks as well as patches of dry skin. My doctor told me it may take up to a year to begin working at that 90% of patients on it, continue with it. After reading some of the horrible reviews, I may opt for laser hair removal treatments. I have to do something as the hair growth is more than I can handle daily. I'm not happy with this at all.”

Newyorker · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 11, 2019

For Hirsutism: “Vaniqa worked great for a few years. Recently there was a long period (months) when you couldn't get it. Now its back but it doesn't work as well. Very disappointed.”

Bobbi · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2019

For Hirsutism: “Pharmacist told me the original brand Vaniqa cream was on back order and cost over $200. I found out there the generic vaniqa called eflornithine was available and got that instead for about $35. Works perfectly!!! Easy transaction. Goodbye Vaniqua you have a replacement!! Big Pharma should be ashamed to rip off individuals looking for a solution to an embarrassing condition.”

Sonia April 19, 2019

For Hirsutism: “I had been using Vaniqa for nearly four months. It does show obvious signs of hair reduction but it darkens area of use leaving a mark which is the reason I have stopped using it. I am now using other products to get rid of pigmentation, which has now ruined my skin. I have turned to IPL treatment. I have read it heals automatically after a while but I can't wait for this I've started. Using skin lightener to cover up patch. I wouldn't advice anyone to use this product. I doesn't it come with enough advice on how to treat burn or a scar, so you end up wasting even more money.”

Hopeful March 24, 2019

For Hirsutism: “Used Vaniqa for years. When it went off market, I found a few [almost} used up tubes and added water to thin what was stuck in the tube to extend the treatment, which worked better than I thought. In Jan. I bought the newly released Vaniqa, for the same high price as the original, only to find hair reappearing. I feel duped by the new release and hope the company will be forthright about their product, and pricing going forward. The original was excellent. The new release, disappointing - and weaker than my diluted left overs. ”

Lucy star · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2019

For Hirsutism: “I have been using Vaniqa for over 6 years and I was amazed at the results. It then went off of the market due to a shortage with a chemical and I was lost as my hair grew back and I had no idea as to what to do. I saw dermatologists but they told me to wait and gave me treatments that did not work. When Vaniqa came back on the market and I purchased it again in January this product has not been as effective as it was in the past. I use it twice a day as I did before. I still have the same coarse hair and I am not sure if the company has weakened the product or if my hair is not treatable. I will continue to use this product, but it is not as effective as it has been over 12 weeks and every day I pluck the same area.”

long waiting February 14, 2019

For Hirsutism: “I just start using this less than a week ago, it is covered under my insurance. I hope it works for me. I've had unwanted chin hair growth over 30 year and it was hard for me.”

Curley · Taken for 10 years or more January 30, 2019

For Hirsutism: “I’ve been using since the product first came on the market. Almost 20 years I believe. Luckily it worked for me. I rarely pluck my chin, maybe a hair or two a week. Used to take an hour a day. Saved so much embarrassment. I don’t need makeup. Derm is now trying to convince me to do laser before my hair turns white and it won’t work. I really don’t want to stop using and have to shave which I never did. Vaniqa got expensive, so I’ve been ordering from India online for 2 years now. It’s under the generic name. I was afraid at first, but I pay by e-check and have had no issues. I get 3 tubes, maybe 1.5 each for $70. I probably order 3 times per year for $210 total, shipping free over a certain amount. Not bad at all. And it works exactly the same. No increase in growth with the change!”

Karla · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2019

For Hirsutism: “I have struggled with dark corse hair on my lip and chin since I was 16... I am now 28. I was introduced to vaniqa a month ago.. have been on it for 3.5 weeks now and WOW!!!!!! It is amazing. Before I started using it I would have to pluck every day for at least an hour. Now I’m plucking once a week and the hairs are lighter and thinner. I use to have a 5 o’clock shadow that would never leave... it’s almost gone now and barley noticeable. I can finally walk around the house in front of my partner with no make up on and let him touch my face and not be ashamed. This cream has restored my confidence tremendously. I only wish I had found it sooner. Amazingggg”

cheekymouse · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2018

For Hirsutism: “I was getting very downhearted with dark hairs on my chin and neck. Electrolysis only worked for a few days. This cream has restored my confidence! It's not even been a month and I have hardly any hairs to remove or worry about”